YES!! YES !!!! YESSS!!!!!!!

I find myself wanting to watch more, even after the 17 minutes were over. I missed the BSG universe! I will definitely buy the Blu- Ray when it comes out.

The series so far is exceeding my expectations across the board. Writing, timing & editing, acting, FX work are all hot out of the park. The one thing that really worries me is how little SyFy is actively promoting this… it’s inaccessible via their SyFy app on XBox (which would not only be a prime viewing audience, but also a great opportunity to build hype and get VERY precise view metrics), there’s not a link on the main SyFy web page, nor any kind of banner/frame promoting it, AND even if you are actively wanting to see it, it takes some hunting around to find the new episodes each Friday. This is not only missed opportunity and (as someone already noted) a self-fulfilling prophecy about “How well the series will perform”, it’s fundamentally a case of “doing it wrong”. If you are releasing something as a web or digital series to build up hype for the movie release on TV, and the BluRay to follow, then you have to USE those channels to HYPE it and make it ubiquitous. This isn’t some new, undefined, arcane art we’re talking about here… this is well-established, step by step promotion at this stage, and yet SyFy seems to be (purposely?) dropping the ball in every possible way they can. It’s saddening and frustrating that when I, with my pathetic amount of followers, get the reaction “there’s new BSG?!” from my tweets every Friday.

Since the content is becoming rapidly buried, digest of David Eick’s Q&A in MachinimaPrime’s Youtube comment section yesterday. In rough chronological order. I didn’t think to attribute/identify the questioners until after copying, woops.

Hello david. i have one simple quick question is this a prequel to the previous series? caus ei didn’t watch much of that first one so i want to knwo if i would benifit from watching it forst

Yes it’s a prequel, but no Battlestar Entrance Exam required. You’ll totally get it. Like watching a World War 2 movie even if you don’t know anything about World War 1…

For the love of all things Cylon will you get Caprica up and going again?

Alas, Caprica was “one and done” – although the story bible we drafted for a possible Season 2 was awesome. Really focused the Cylon/Colonial historical struggle in a much more accessible, American Civil War metaphor. I really felt SyFy should’ve given it another shot. Oh well, one day…

Hello David, are you happy about the number of views for the first episode? I’d love to see more after this miniseries!

Very happy!

[i]David,

I started watching BSG probably two years ago. I convinced my Dad to watch it with me and we fell in love just like everyone else. Every episode had us on the edge of our seats, and two years later we still watch BSG daily. BSG has given us yet another thing to share with each other and I couldn’t thank you enough. My sister even had everyone say “so say we all” during her wedding. How does it make you feel to know you produced a show which has had a profound effect on so many people?[/i]

Hugely humbling. And thrilling. Tell your sister so say we all from me!

The ship design for the Osiris is so distinct. The antennae at the rear and the reflective shell, there’s no doubt it’s a stealth ship. For this and other ships where did your dev team look for inspiration?

All R&D, like BSG, rooted in naval and AF tech. Definitely erred on the side of reality wherever/whenever possible.

you truly captured the feel of a sub inside the Osiris. Also Galactica’s ‘CIC’ looks a lot different than the recent series. Did you look back to the original series for ship design?

We had the original sets scanned so that we could implement/augment in a digital space. Glad you dug the Osiris – we were definitely going for the “Das Boot” vibe…

As follow up, it seems like there is a lot of computer systems on these ships, will we see some of the BSG style hack, take down systems, board that we saw in the First Season and Miniseries? And perhaps see why Adama has such a phobia of linked Computer Systems…

Yes – Adama’s predispositions and personal biases will be rooted in emotional experiences we’ll discover he’s endured…

Will we be seeing any of the ‘bigger questions’ that we saw in BSG in Blood and Chrome, or will this be more combat/CG and less ‘why they hate us’?

B&C will definitely deal with the “why they hate us” premise… and will definitely wrestle with larger issues attendant to the BSG theme – what it means to be human, etc. But probably a bit less esoteric and contemplative than BSG Season 4. Closer in tone to Seasons 1 & 2.

Hi David! Do you think that there is still a market for multi season space operas like bsg in tv? Can platforms like youtube & itunes provide new possibilites for the genre?

Always a market for great scifi as long as creators and distributors are gutsy enough to allow it to be metaphorical/allegorical. When they get too soft/escapist, they tend to have shorter half-life. Works great in movies but doesn’t have the “legs” for TV unless there’s real depth.

Hi David, if you have any influence on the visual style of the series, please tone down a bit the “lens flare” and light smudges effects. It’s cheap and doesn’t do good in my opinion. Thanks for reviving BSG!

Sorry you didn’t dig – but definitely not cheap!

For us Caprica fans, will any of the loose ends from that show be tied up in this series?

We don’t address the world of “Caprica” in B&C except in offhand moments… but if there are future B&C episodes (beyond the first 10), we’ll definitely get into William Adama’s youth, family and culture.

Hi David. Whats the word on a tv series after the Blood and Chrome movie airs? Are you guys waiting to see how many views this minishow gets before committing?

This was always designed for online, the “digital space.” That said, all our futures are tied to current success!

[b]Thanks so much everybody for your questions and comments. I look forward to talking/typing with you again soon. Please tell a friend about B&C and thanks for your spirited support. Occupy B&C!!!

• DE[/b]

Galactica Water Cooler has returned to CIC. It’s been soooo long. Podcast: #350: There Will Be Blood and Chrome
Likewise, Brian says he will spin up the GalacticaQuorum podcast drive - first this year since January. TBA.

Mighty mighty YouTube itself tweeted up B&C yesterday: “Watch Adama fight Cylon raiders in the latest episodes of #BSG: Blood and Chrome. So say we all. http://goo.gl/xoJa4 Looks like that was good for bringing in 125,000 more views in the last 24 hours.

Episodes 5 & 6

//youtu.be/J3ytt0Fp3To

Finally downloaded the whole thing so far and watched it on the TV. Pretty good. It’s awesome to see some Viper action again. I wish they didn’t reuse an actor who was a main character on Caprica in the first 10 minutes though, it kind of cheapens it.

Episodes 7 & 8

[video=youtube_share;dNHMfK65mnU]http://youtu.be/dNHMfK65mnU[/video]

Well have to say it’s been interesting. As far as what we have seen do you notice the type of Toasters we have here. They are more advanced than the ones in Caprica that’s true. But we don’t have the Centurions yet. I wonder if that is what is coming out at the end of this? Sure do wish this would be a full blown series though.

I’m super impressed. I’m thinking I need to expand my definition of “TV Show” so I can put this on my list of top 5 TV shows I’ve seen this year.

They did say at the start of the show that the war was going on for ten years…I do believe…and guessing on Adama’s age here he’s like 19, since he was born after the big Cylon moment at the big stadium, you can guess these Cylons have a significant upgrade on the ones from Caprica… I think this is set to be a series on Sci-Fi, I know this show is airing there in Feburary…I do hope they show flashbacks on both sides to fill in the holes left by Caprica’s untimely demise…

I think we will get those flashbacks in the unrated version along with the missing time between a kiss and the departing.

I am not sure if we will get that big reveal of Adama’s true hatred of cyclons. I think they may hold that back to get support to get this show to a full series.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LOVED all the twists in the last webisode!!!

And MY GODS, the cameo at the end :slight_smile:

[video=youtube_share;mH8EDRptVAQ]http://youtu.be/mH8EDRptVAQ[/video]

The twists were interesting. Was almost thinking the super-eel would have made an appearance at some point.
I agree on the cameo, almost a flash-forward.

Yes and when I heard it I was like WOW good one.

NOW SYFY Bring on the Darn Series would ya already.

February…be patient :slight_smile:

BTW did you happen to notice the squadron Patches on the Wall. I was so hoping someone from the show was a contributor to this site. And we could have had Starbucks Aces up there. Granted it would have been fleeting but what a kick that would have been.

I know this is a real tech-geek thing to wonder about, but we never saw the elevators into launch tubes during BSG. Guessing they didn’t have enough Vipers to need to use them during the series.

Well in February you’re just going to see these episodes over again…no new material. StupyFy (my favorite discovered moniker for SyFy that replaces Skiffy) is going to air B&C as an uncut TV movie and then release it on an unrated Blu-Ray/DVD. There’s no talk about it becoming a series…of course that could change. In the SDCC BSG So Say We All panel, Richard Hatch and Jane Espenson both stated that they thought it was still on the table for a series. So who knows, if the DVD sales are high enough maybe we’ll get more.

I was wondering the same thing. I’m guessing that since most of the “sets” were CGI already that they decided to show the Old Girl in all her original glory and put the lifts in. It didn’t cost them that much more to do it since we only saw them 2 maybe 3 times.

Oh and I’m hoping that they release the soundtrack in February too! It’s frakkin’ sweet.