YES!! YES !!!! YESSS!!!!!!!

Looks like Blood N Chrome launches FRIDAY!!!

(via Bear McCreary’s Facebook!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj50xJhWdcM&feature=player_embedded

I’m excited, even if it’s just a youtube show!!!

Holy frak! new bsg in… 4 days???

There’s something far too strange about the way syfy has handled this project… but I guess this can only be good news that we’re finally seeing the B&C pilot. Is the fact that Syfy passed on B&C as a series even news? I don’t even remember… that’s sad. I guess we can hold out hope that super strong viewcounts on this web series will matter for something… but 4 days sure isn’t a lot of time, even to rev up a passionate fanbase.

At least if it’s on the web it can be watched/seen whenever, and I’m sure a buzz is gonna be generated by it…

Step 1 is achieved…it’s accessible
Step 2 is up the fans…we gotta blow this shit UP so they see the demand is still massive for it…

I also am super excited for this. As for Syfy’s handling of it, I guess they are trying something new. Online now, airing as a 2 hour movie in early 2013, and then released as an unrated dvd/blu-ray. I hope this works for them. I suppose if the reaction is big enough there is still hope that it could be made into a series. Regardless, I can’t complain about new BSG!

I’m a little confused about exactly what is coming out Friday.

So, the B&C pilot they filmed a while back is what is starting Friday on YouTube? Or have they been secretly filming short webisodes and those are what we will see starting Friday? And then SyFy itself will air and distribute the DVD of the pilot in 2013?

If that’s the case I wonder if there will be confusion in the story line if the series starts before the pilot.
:confused::confused:

First 15ish minutes of the movie

Yea, I think what’s airing is the pilot, chopped up into 12-15 minute segments

I’m glad we will finally get to see it, but… they put it online with very little promotion, so fans can find out about it slowly, without creating too much buzz all at once. Then they will air it on Syfy once all the big fans have seen it already, and it will get low ratings, and probably not progress to a series. Self fulfilling prediction of failure, very similar to what happened with Caprica.

Worry not. Trailer has 452,000 views and counting. As long as the episodes are streamed in 1080p I won’t mind the Machinama watermark too much.

The leaked ComicCon trailer - guesstimating just a little to include streams with no stats like at io9.com - had between 1 and 2 million views.

The landscape has changed a lot in the last few years. Bryan Singer’s H+ The Digital Series is YouTube only and has 6.3 million total views. Only The Walking Dead, American Horror Story and FOOTBALL on cable ever reach that many eyeballs. Syfy hasn’t seen 6 million viewers since the miniseries Tin Man five years ago. So free YouTube is a perfectly acceptable distribution choice - more than Syfy can anticipate I’ll bet.

Coincidentally the Syfy forums have been completely shut down for maintenance ever since the announcement. The longest continuous downtime I can remember since 2007.

Well, Universal’s release of Caprica’s pilot did not hurt the ratings when it was broadcast weeks later on Syfy. The ratings faded with subsequent episodes.

In early 2013, the two-hour version of B&C will air on Syfy, followed by the release of an unrated version on home video.

Entertainment Weekly: ‘Battlestar Galactica’ prequel being released online Friday – EXCLUSIVE

Can’t wait - finally more BSG !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dayumm - that’s a hot clip

//youtu.be/d-Az187pdx4

FRAK YEAH!

Well I just watched the first two episodes :slight_smile:

(the link for Part 2 is at the end of Part 1)

//youtu.be/pT79x4qM4FE

Not bad…it’s only 24 minutes and it’s still weird to digest BSG in small chunks like that, it’s definitely NOT slow out the box like Caprica was…and I like where they’re going with it…I’ll save more comments till after everyone else gets to see it too

Second episode:

//youtu.be/jdisGiivP9c

Both episodes are frakkin’ sweet! If the rest is like these…it will have been worth the wait.

End of both episodes shows that it will be airing on SyFy (still a stupid frakking name change) February 2013. And there will be an unrated Blu-Ray/DVD release on 2-19-2013.

These two episodes were worth the wait. These need to either get grips on the wrenches or some stick-um. Was JJ Abrams involved, seems like a lot of flares. Do we know if the GWC crew is going to add these to the schedule?

Universal would like you to know the unrated and uncut version is coming to Blu-Ray, February 19th. Now if they would only do the same for Caprica. :groucho:

//youtu.be/IxL8g1_H-KQ

Awesome stuff. Can’t wait for more next week!

So wonderful to see the Galactica again, she looks so shiny and new…

…and so much more heavy armed. Can not wait to see her in action once more.

I have to admit…I teared a lil when I saw the ol BSG all new and shiny and ready for action :slight_smile:

I gotta be gettin me that Blu-Ray :smiley:

Loved this! Can’t wait to see more.