Write your own Final Cylon reveal

Seeing as that’s more or less how RDM got his own start I think it’s worth it. Plus, dearest Ronald has more of a gift for comedy than he sometimes likes to admit, I think.

Thank you for the great ideas.

“Well, I knew the day would come,” Cottle sighed heavily. “So here we go again.”

His angel spoke, “You are the one who will reveal all.”

“I know. But look at me. The last time I saw them, I looked like Anders. I really let myself go. You’d think with all our advanced technology, we’d have come up with the resurrection solution before our children did.”

“Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant!”

The doctor lit up and exhaled, “I guess you’re right. You know the second I activate Tigh, he’s going to want that money I owe him.”

“You did lose the bet. He did lose an eye.”

Cottle grumbled, “What are the odds?”

“At this point, you’ve reached Earth and you must activate their programming. It’s God’s w…”

“…will. Yeah. Yeah. Don’t get all preachy,” Cottle rubbed his neck. “This used to be so much easier. I bet Tory won’t even look at me. I’ve got bad breathe and gas. Real attractive.”

Cottle walked over to the stream that was flowing through the forest. He looked at his reflection, “Playing the part of doctor this time, really took a toll.” Cottle grimaced, “You experience so much pain and suffering.”

“Come now. You’ve experienced that before. It is the way of things.”

Cottle half-smiled, “I don’t know. Am I making a difference? Will all this make a difference?” Cottle ran his fingers through his gray hair, “It feels like an endless cycle. The mileage is making a dent.”

“Oh stop it. You look pretty good for your age.”

Damn, they just keep getting better!

Awesome FT!!!

I always enjoy these stories you write. Do you do a lot of writing at work or something?

Thanx. DawnAZ asked the same thing. No, I don’t write for living. It’s not even a hobby. In high school this really cool English teacher gave us an assignment. He said, “I want you to write a journal entry, once a week. I don’t care what it’s about. It won’t be censored or graded. You just have to write something every week.” Incidentally, one of the guys wrote the word SOMETHING in his first entry. It was very funny.

Anyway, I had no idea what to write. As a child I had a very active imagination which often got me into trouble. So I started writing all the adventures I would go on while playing with LEGO and such. The teacher loved them. They expanded and soon became three seperate stories which by the end all converged in the finale.

Long story told…that got me hooked. I started to have delusions of grandeur about being a famous novelist and what not. Obviously, never happened. Whenever I would sit with friends and analyze Star Trek episodes, they would call me a frustrated writer that never writes. Once I got on the forum and got to relive those great times talking about episodes and sci-fi and such. I got the bug again. Solai started the three word (re-imagined) thread and here we are.

Thanx for indulging me. I am quite surprise and slightly embarassed that people actually dig 'em.

[b]The other day I was sitting on the couch and my seven-year-old asks, “What you doing?”

I answered, “I’m writing a Battlestar Galactica story.”

She then proceeded to grill me on the story, etc.

The next day she asked for my blackberry. This morning on the train I was looking over a few emails and notes I had taken and I found a new entry titled: ‘Battlestar Galactica’. She asked me how to spell it. So I read it and had to share it.[/b]

A viper is floating in deep space. Starbuck tried to contact Galactica. Her power was out and her ship was damaged. She knew soon her air would be gone.

CLANG! CLANG! She awoke by the sound of a hammer. Then she saw herself wrapped in chains from head to toe, hung from a boiling pot of suckpower juice like an ornament, whoever was on the ship wanted something from her, and Starbuck knew what, they thought she was the last cylon!!!

Pretty good stuff, but I suppose we’ll have to wait a year to see how it ends.

Looks like the storytelling gene runs in the family!

Your daughter isn’t named Alia by any chance?

No. And I haven’t been awoken by her saying, “Bye Bye.” Phew.

--
I wrote this before the finale so excuse the lack of a radiated Erf.
-
-

“It’s just over that ridge,” Athena pointed through the trees.

Helo was out of breath having tracked Six through the forest for the past three hours, “Hold up. I need to catch my breath. At least now I know why you don’t get tired.” Helo winced and a smile broke through.

Athena turned to her husband and smirked remembering falling in love and conceiving Hera on Caprica. That seemed so long ago. Now Hera was in danger. Even though Admiral Adama had listen to her plea and assigned five marines to guard their daughter. A six month pregnant Six was still able to incapacitate them and carry a three year old across rugged terrain. Athena could feel a hint of Cylon pride.

Helo and Athena had been to all three planets together. Caprica had felt murdered. Kobol was ancient and mysterious, almost magical. Earth was just strange. Everywhere you went it was as if someone was watching. It was similar to catching something out of the corner of your eye and then it’s gone. Both Caprica and Kobol had the threat of centurions. Earth’s threat was elusive and menacing.

When they reached the top of the ridge they found a large circular clearing below. Athena noticed that the tracks disappeared. “Where did they go?” They approached the clearing cautiously. As they reached the perimeter an electronic hum buzzed in their ears and the hair on their bodies stood on its end.

Helo put his arm in front of Athena, “Wait, what is this?”

Athena stared into his eyes, “I don’t know. I just know Hera is in there.” Helo’s puzzled expression explained how he felt. “Look Helo. We’ll go together. We can’t stop now.” She grasped his hand and took a step forward.

Her surroundings changed. She was back in the Opera house on the stairs chasing Hera. Helo was gone. She looked across and there was Laura Roslin. She had seen Laura in this vision before but that was when the former president was alive. As before, they both looked down and saw Hera with Six and Baltar. Athena raced down the stairs. But this time the vision was different somehow. Athena felt more in control of her actions. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she realized that this was further than the vision had gone before. Six and Baltar had already entered the arena with Hera and closed the door behind them.

“Athena, wait!” Laura Roslin looked lovelier than ever.

Athena squared herself, “Who are you?”

Laura laughed, “I know. I’m dead.” She approached Athena, “I don’t have any special knowledge from the beyond or anything. Yet I am here. I am the Laura Roslin that has experienced these visions before. Don’t ask me to explain it. I don’t know.” She walked toward the door and opened it, “I will tell you this.” She looked at the stage and there was Baltar, Six, and Hera, “That is not the Baltar we knew. It is something else.”

Athena wondered what these visions meant. Was it a dream? A projection? Was it designed or part of a shared consciousness? Where was Helo?

The main arena of the Opera house was magnificent. The place was filled with singing. It was beautiful and powerful.

Laura spoke, “I know that voice.”

Athena ignored the music since Hera was her main concern. She broke into a run toward the stage.

A booming voice echoed, “STOP!”

Athena was immobilized. As much as she tried, she could not move. There was silence and the singing had stopped. She wondered if she were also deaf when Baltar stepped off the stage and walked toward her, “You have followed the will of the one true god by giving birth to Hera but now she must stay here.” Baltar circled Athena, “We are going to release you. Don’t do anything foolish.”

Athena felt her muscles return and she stumbled forward. Baltar caught her. Athena sneered, “That’s not going to happen. Hera is leaving with me.”

Baltar replied, “I’m afraid that’s not possible. Besides you are welcome to stay. It is quite lovely here, don’t you think?”

As if on queue, the music began. A chorus of voices started as a whisper and increased in intensity. Athena turned to see five hooded figures on a balcony. They must be the Final Five. One hovered above the ledge and slowly descended toward Athena. While it lowered, Roslin moved closer to Athena and whispered, “I know that voice.”

A laugh bellowed from the hooded figure, “You should, Laura. You heard it enough in sickbay.”

The figure stood between Athena and the stage. Baltar had vanished. Six lowered Hera to the ground and bowed toward the white robed mystery. Hera seemed to be in a trance. Had she been drugged?

The figure raised its arms outstretched, “Music is the mathematics of beauty. I complete the chorus.”

Laura put her hands to her face and gasped, “Felix!”

The figure turned and ascended the stairs of the stage. As it approached Hera and Six, it removed the hood from its head. There was a flash of bright light. The figure had transformed into a full-limbed Felix Gaeta dressed in a tuxedo with tails. He knelt down to Hera’s eye level, looked up at Six and smiled. He stared into Hera’s eyes and asked, “Are you alive?”

The chorus continued to fill the Opera house. Hera turned her somber face from Gaeta and stared up at the balcony where the Four stood. She opened her mouth and joined the chorus.

wow talos, I can totally see it happening that way. thanks for sharing :wink:

Wow. That was chilling and felt so authentic. I love the call back to the line “Are you alive?”. Very done, my friend.

Thanx so much. My wife has requested Doc Cottle next.

EDIT: OH crrraaaapppp I did Cottle already. Man, the mind is going. Did Cottle? There’s an image. I think Dualla is the next on the chopping block.

I’m still hoping the final episode will be a Broadway style musical with singing and dancing:

Cottle is at his desk in sickbay while everyone else is celebrating the departure from Erf and the arrival at Earth, He alone is glum.

COTTLE
Well, it’s time. I must tell them.

Adama, Tigh, and Roslyn all walk in, joyously.

ADAMA
(singing)
We’re here!

ROSLYN
We’re finally here!

TIGH
Bah humbug.

COTTLE
I’m a cylon.

ADAMA
Not this again!

COTTLE
No, I’m a cylon!

TIGH
Aren’t we all?

COTTLE
I’m a clyon!

ROSLYN
And I am still alive!

COTTLE
I’M A CYLON! And I have been from the start.

Patients jump up out of the beds to form the chorus.

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

COTTLE
And I have been from the start…

The chorus dances around Cottle, Adama, Roslyn, and Tigh

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

COTTLE
I just didn’t have the heart…

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

COTTLE
Everyone was fooled, so I thought I’d play the part!

ADAMA
Your’re a cylon?

TIGH
That’s what he said.

ROSLYN
I still don’t get it.

TIGH
I’ll go ready the airlock

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

ADAMA
But he doctored all our crew!

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

ROSLYN
But he made me feel like new!

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

COTTLE
And I came to kill all of you!

ADAMA
Action stations!

TIGHT
I’ll make preparations!

ROSLYN
There’ll be reparations!

CHORUS
no there won’t!

ROSLYN
The consequences will be grim!

CHORUS
Ha! In five more minutes, you’ll just pardon him!

COTTLE
I’m a cylon!

CHORUS
He’s a cylon

COTTLE
Though you haven’t seen me glow

CHORUS
He’s a cylon!

ADAMA
How could we have been so slow?

COTTLE
I’m a cylon!

ADAMA
so now how is this to go?

CHORUS
He’s a cylon

COTTLE
and I’m gonna blow up Earth!

It’s funny. When I was reading the Felix one, and you had the line “you’ve seen me in sickbay enough times” I was totally expecting that Cottle was going to be the 5th that time.

me too, thot! gmta&fnd

Okay. So what’s the deal. Do I have to spend the next 24 hours trying to guess what “&fnd” stands for ? :confused::confused:

&fnd = and fry nine donuts?
&fnd = and feel naughty demons?
&fnd = and fix needy dragons?
&fnd = and Felix Never Did-it?
&fnd = and Fifth Not Doral?
&fnd = and Frak Nice Dee?

Ms Fnd in a Lbry?

&fnd = and Faiths Non-Denominational?
&fnd = and Fedex Never Delivers?

Or maybe this? :slight_smile:

and it’s Poofy FTW!!!