What are you reading right now?

I have my copy of Contagious waiting in the wings for when I finish Infected. Now I just need to not be at work or sick so I can read.

My wife and my 9 year old read so much faster than me (partly cuz I get sleepy).
So they’re both almost finished with Harry Potter -book I, and me I’m still just starting Chapter two.

You eat pepper ?? That stuff’ll kill you!

Star Wars: Death Star

and

Scar Night

and hopefully

Jack of Fables: Americana (if Borders has it in)

You know what, just savor every moment of HP, it’s a great ride. I plan to re-read the whole series again, I never tire of Fred and George.

Thanks! I tried bringing it to read while at my daughter’s basketball practice tonight—but I’m one of those people that can’t read with ANY noise or distractions around.

I’m reading two books at the moment:

1.) 2666 by Roberto Bolano, and
2.) Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey

Just finished “Victory of Eagles” Naomi Novik

Currently reading: Heart of Stone - C.E. Murphy

Next up: Hex & the City - Simon Green

Let’s see …

1. Hell’s Faire by John Ringo (upstairs bathroom)
  2. Footfall by Niven & Pournelle (reading room)
  3. An Army at Dawn, I forget the author (lunch table)
  4. Castles of Steel, Robert K. Massie (downstairs bathroom)
  5. The Pathfinder Beta rulebook (wherever, office usually)

All depends on where I am in my house at the moment. Simply switching bathrooms changes me from near-future military fiction to the World War I naval arms race between Germany and Great Britain. :eek:

Just finished the Harry Potter series. Started on I Am Legend last night.

How did you like HP? Who were your favorite characters? Mine are Fred and George, which is why the new puppy is named Weasley.

I’m reading a book on screenwriting- The Devil’s Guide to Hollywood, by the dude who wrote Basic Instinct. I’m sort of interested in screenwriting, but this book makes me less so.

I just wrapped up a clever little book called The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. At first it annoyed me and seemed pretty self-satisfied, but having finished Iit I have to admit it won me over. Now it’s back to The Briar King.

An Army at Dawn is by Rick Atkinson.

Castles of Steel is on my to buy list.

I would highly recommend the book Shattered Sword by Johnathan Parshall and Anthony Tully. The best book on the Battle of Midway, and one of the best books I have ever read.

HP was an awesome book series. One of those that you feel like your life has been improved for reading, but that you feel slightly emptier when it is over. If that makes any sense.

Fred and George were great comic relief throughout the series. I don’t usually laugh out loud at books but I did many times throughout these and 90% of the time it was because of something they said. I liked the Weasley family as a whole really.

I used to be interested in screen-writing as well. Kind of like you, once I started looking into it, the luster started to fade.

Reading the second book in the A Song Of Ice And Fire series (A Clash of Kings). Long and occasionally boring, but overall very entertaining.

Finishing up Queen of the Damned. Starting The Survivors Club by Ben Sherman and Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead.

How about the Body Thief?
I’ve read the 3 above several times. Anne Rice is a fantastic storyteller. A lot of it was unsettling. Many times I found myself thinking, “Should I be enjoying this book as much as I am?” Loved the series.

Just finished Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.
Interesting and I enjoyed it, but unsatisfying ending.

Also just finished The Cathers by Sean Martin.
Fascinating!!

Reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse.
Not a sequel or prequel. Slow, but engaging so far.

Also reading In the Wake of the Plague (The Black Death & the World it Made) by Norman Cantor.
Cantor makes the material accessible, but I find his writing style annoying. Too cute.

Working through the short stories at the back of the book in my copy of “I Am Legend”. Really dissapointed with the titled story. “I Am Legend” wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t that great either. The short stories have been interesting.

just Finished Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy. AGAIN. before that was Jedi Academy…
trying to force myself to finish Life of PI…yawn…not my thing but my MOM wants someone to talk to about it.
Next up will be re-reads of Angels and Demons, and HP and half blood prince… as prep fo the movies.