What are you reading right now?

I love knowing what people are reading, be it scifi, fantasy, graphic novels, fiction, textbooks, cultural studies, whatever.

So, what are you reading right now?

For me it’s From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris, The Masque of the Red Death graphic novel by Wendy Pini (aah, memories of Elfquest), and a craaaaaap ton of recipes and cookbooks in preparation for T-giving.

I just finished ‘Foundation’, the monthly Book Club book. Looking forward to the TalkShoe thingy. I’ve been slowly making my way through ‘Dune’. After that it’s ‘Snow Crash’. The last Harry Potter book and Gaiman’s ‘American Gods’ are always lurking around here trying to get to the front. I’ve got ‘Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom’ by Cory Doctorow is on my crackberry and I read it whenever I’m waiting on line at the bank or some fast food joint.

This thread.

Stuff for work/school/life. Mostly philosophy of history lately, with a bit of feminist theory thrown in.

For fun? I’m catching up on my New Yorkers… I’ve never been this far behind…

guffaw

baltar

Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle…it’s a re-read I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.

Schulz and Peanuts

Insightful biography of the elusive cartoonist by David Michaelis

The Prisoner: A Televisionary Masterpiece

In-depth analysis of Patrick McGoohan’s enigmatic cult classic from the 60s (originally in French) to follow-up my summer read-along/re-watch where I would read the original annotated scripts before watching the episode

Can’t recommend the 2 volume script collection enough to any fan

The Prisoner: The Original Scripts Volume 1

The Prisoner: The Original Scripts Volume 2

There should be a thread for that in the book selection forum - if not, create one!

Aside from the Foundation assignment from Professors Chuck and Solai, I just looked back to Jennifer Government a little while ago, to see if I had just underestimated it the first time. I didn’t. (I was really hoping it had a little Shadowrun-eqsue feel, but alas…) Also sitting on the dresser at present is Pratchett’s Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rats, a long-overdue re-read of Dune, and if I ever get a day of downtime (or can pry my fingers off this gorram forum, let’s be honest), the eagerly-anticipated Brisingr…Casilda, ever get to your copy yet? :slight_smile:

Private Demon by Lynn Viehl

I should check the library again for Foundation, it was checked out last I looked.

Right now I’m reading On the Road

I read Foundation a long long time ago, so it might be fun to go back and re-read it.

I’m conflicted about whether I’m gonna read Paul of Dune.

I was so disappointed with Sandworms of Dune that I’m reluctant to get back aboard the Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson train. But Paul of Dune takes place in a period of the Dune timeline that’s still intriguing to me, so I’ll probably go for it.

I am almost finished with the last book in the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy The Last Command by Timothy Zahn. I have enjoyed this series very much. Next up Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli.

Starship Troopers at the moment, along with burst of Black Elk Speaks. I’m going to see if I can squeeze Foundation in… Somehow.

I’m just about to start a re-read of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings while waiting to be able to get my hands on books 4 and 5 of Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera series next week.

There is one, 3 posts from back in January. I’ll try to revive it.

I’m done with the Dune books by BH/KA after Sandworms. I just can’t bring myself to buy another of their books.

unfortunately, no… work is ruling my life. in an exhausting way.

but I will get to it. Thanksgiving ‘break’?

5th Edition Revised HERO System player handbook.

I’m thinking about running a game.

Oh god. This thing is like 550 pages of rules and descriptions and stuff.

Plus I gotta read other books on it

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch By Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman

(Just bought today Watchmen. I might put Good Omens away for a while and read Watchmen first.)