What are you reading right now?

The whole Multiverse idea reminded me a lot of The Dark Tower Series. Which is awesome because that book series kicks ass.

Has anyone else read it? The story is sprawling, rich and very rememberable (unlike HDM, I guess).

Gotta love Eddie.

Currently reading “The Door Into Summer” by Heinlein, recently read “Friday” by Heinlein. Next on the reading list are “Virgin Suicides”, “End of Eternity” (Asimov) and “I am Charlotte Simmons”

I have now moved on to Tribute by Nora Roberts. I have given up on Hitch hicker’s guide. :frowning:

I read the Virgin Suicides when I was in high school and liked it quite a bit. I am Charlotte Simmons is, well… it’s not bad. But it’s not great, at least, that was how I felt about it.

Currently re-reading “The Vampire Lestat”. I just finished “Chalice” by Robin Mckinley. It was an easy teen fantasy read, but different and kept my interest. I hope she returns to that world to write a few more stories.

(gawd I missed y’all while I was gone!)

Oh my … I couldn’t resist, I’m just too much of a sucker for books. And comics. A guilty pleasure.
I’ve already blown all my Christmas money on ordering/pre-ordering books (and comics).

Let’s see if I remember them all…

The End of Eternity by Asimov
All the Danger Girl collections (except for Ultimate Danger Girl, which I already own)
Aphrodite IX (Amazon robots recommended that one to me, don’t know why…)
Hunger Games (curious about this one, also ordered Battle Royale and Lord of the Flies to get the whole impression)
Lots of DC Comics, the two latest Birds of Prey TPBs, Batman RIP, the whole Batman War Games arc (I hear it’s not that good, but I love the Spoiler character)
Marc Guggenheim’s Resurrection Vol. 1 (I hope it finally comes out this January and isn’t delayed again, I read a preview online months ago and this could really be something for a lot of people on the forum, a classic scifi theme explored in a highly interesting new way.
Justice Vol. 3
Huntress Year One
The latest Catwoman collection (one of my favorite comic book series ever)
Shadow of the Scorpion (this one I ordered because of a review on io9, it just struck me as something I would like to read and enjoy)
and a couple more I don’t remember right now

I feel just a little bit of buyer’s remorse about having spent ALL the money from parents and grandparents on books, but on the other hand it’s certainly a better investment than say, … prostitutes or drugs or stock shares and it’s going to keep me entertained until summer.

And I expect my tax rebate soon and the State of Bavaria still owes me a considerable sum of travel expenses. (I really hate that policy, I have to advance all my travel expenses and it takes them months on end to get it processed and paid back to me).

Oooh. I was actually intending on picking that up and reading it sometime soon, by some series of coincidences it’s one of the few Asimov titles that I’ve never read.

Right now in specific though I’m reading through the Riverworld novels, which is another bit of older sci-fi (though only I guess about half as old as The End of Eternity) that by chance I’ve passed by until now. (I’ve linked to the first novel there because, to anyone interested, I’d strongly recommend NOT reading the Wikipedia article on the entire series, since it has some pretty major spoilers as far as I know—I stopped reading the article halfway when I realized, heh).

The World of Catasetums by Arthur W. Holst.

You asked.:rolleyes:

The Manning Grooms by Debbie Macomber. Smut, I know. But I had to take a break from Brisinger. :slight_smile:

Just finished Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Fantastic, quick read from a master. Only he could make a whoring lifestyle so raw and beautiful.

Am now almost done with The Heretic Queen , a tale set in ancient Egypt that weaves Nefertiti’s niece, Nefertari, with the Exodus. I have a fondness for ancient Egypt.

I’m actually reading the first book of the series right now. Again. I have been in college for 5 years and haven’t read a lot at all outside of books for school and this pretty amazing sci fi military series, Epic Universe, a friend of mine is writing. I’m a big Stephen King, Sci fi and fantasy fan so the Dark Tower series should be right up me alley. But I have had trouble really getting into the first book. As far as what I have read in other places I’m not the only one who has had that problem though, but it should get better. I’ve got the second book already and only one semester left of school so I think I’ll get through it this time.

I have finally started my copy of Scott Sigler’s Infected. I will never apparantly get to the podio version so I’m going old school with my hardcover.

Watchmen;

getting ready for a movie, I’ve been waiting for since forever.

Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher. (Don’t tell, I’m not supposed to even see it until my birthday Saturday.)

Olympos by Dan Simmons (sequel of Ilium) it’s an interesting mix of scifi, Shakespeare and Marcel Proust

My 9 year old just started reading Harry Potter. So my wife and reading it too. I’m never gonna keep up with them.
I read like Audra–slow, but I digest everything.

I just finished the podio version and am now listening to the sequel Contagious. Sigler is releasing these so slowly that I’m just gonna pick up the book and get it over with. It’s looking to be just as good as Infected. Enjoy!

Just Finished: Twilight by Stephanie Myers
Starting On: Small Favor by Jim Butcher
Next Up: Forever War by Joe Haldeman

I’m reading a bunch of South American historical novels. They’re quite fun :slight_smile:

The ingredients of my lunch.

Hmmm…Xanthan Gum, Konjac Flour, Disodium Guanylate, Modified Corn Starch (??? That one actually alarms me and not the ones I can’t pronounce), Black Pepper (Phew. One I know)

Oh well, down the hatch!!