Stargate Universe

I’ll watch an episode or two of SG:U, but only out of curiosity. I LOVED SG-1. Absolutely loved it, and couldn’t wait for each episode to come out. Atlantis, not so much. In fact, after the second season, I pretty much bailed on it. Too much messing around with characters, and I thought it was really low rent what happened with Torri Higginson. Atlantis just didn’t have the chemistry, the magic that SG-1 had. My wife was surprised, too, that after giving it a REALLY good try (two years of viewing) that I’d bail on a scifi program!

I don’t hold high hopes for SG:U, but I will allow for the possibility of success. I just won’t give it too long to catch my interest.

//youtu.be/wZ4OZPp3Lrg

thx Pike, I’ve never been good with links. thx for looking out for me.

Have found a webplayer that streams Syfy. But the quality isn’t that good and I would have to watch it at 3 am (9 EST) or 5 am (11 EST).

Should I wake up early or wait for the better version tomorrow morning?

just finished the the first two hours… I was good; no doubt the love child of Stargate and BSG; but as i have said before you combine two things well. it might not be as original. but still a good show.

looking forward to the next episode.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. But I loved both SG-1 and Atlantis, so I might be biased.

That dude that was freed from the brig when the Icarus Base was attacked, I have a feeling bad things are going to happen to him or because of him.

One question I had though about the attack… They said they didn’t know who they were, but I’m pretty positive those were Goa’uld Ha’tak ships.

Uh they said they were Lucian Alliance who uses Goa’uld tech. Season 9/10 B villains

Disappointing… It’s hard to put my finger on it, but after watching it, I just don’t care about the characters, and the Lucian Alliance just doesn’t cut it for me as far as bad guys go, regardless of the tech they use.

The show was dark for dark’s sake, and had a crapola of things written for it that SCREAMED “Hey, lookee here! We are dark and edgy, not your momma’s Stargate!” I thought it was more than a little obvious in that respect.

I’ll try another episode, but I’m already looking forward to the premier of “Sanctuary” more, and wishing they made a full 20-22 episodes of “Warehouse 13” for the first season.

Just in case anyone else was interested, David Blue (who plays Eli) just tweeted a list of people on the show who use Twitter (so far):

[ul]
[li]@alainahuffman “Lt. Tamara Johanasen”[/li][li]@AmandAlexander (script supervisor)[/li][li]@AtleastLevesque “Chloe Armstrong”[/li][li]@BrianJacobSmith “Lt. Matthew Scott”[/li][li]@cpbinder (Exec. Producer)[/li][li]@DavidBlue “Eli Wallace”[/li][li]@greymunford (MGM Publicist)[/li][li]@Ivonbartok (Special Features Producers)[/li][li]@JamesBamford (Stunt Coordinator)[/li][li]@JanelleMonae (singer in an episode)[/li][li]@JGLenic (Producer)[/li][li]@JoshBlacker “Sgt. Spencer”[/li][li]@LouDPhillips “Col. Telford”[/li][li]@marksavela (special effects guru)[/li][li]@martingero (Writer)[/li][li]@MsMingNa “Camille Wray”[/li][li]@PatrickGilmore “Dale Volker”[/li][/ul]

What Pete said above, unconvincing. Hopefully it’s just a case of Pilot-itis!

They’re only the villains in the pilot…The Destiny is literally billions of light years away from them.

I really liked it. I was growing tired of campy tone of other series. For example on one of the later episodes of sg1 the team goes down to a planet to set up a base. Everyone ends up dying except sg1. The entire planet is over run by replicants. And what do they do at the end? The go to a movie and tell jokes.

Don’t get me wrong I did like sg1 and sga but they had their run. I kind of want to watch a sci fi show that takes life seriously now.

There’s taking life seriously, and there’s overcompensation. The first ep seems to be trying too hard to establish itself against the other SG series. Or, it seems like it’s trying to hard to be a BSG replacement.

I only hope the enemy isn’t as lame as the Ferengi or Kazon. I also hope Dr. Ross isn’t as big a DB he’s coming off as.

I loved it! It feels like Stargate and that’s all I expect. The best part now is we don’t know what to expect. When SG1 started we already had the Goa’uld and SGA started right off with the Wraith. We don’t have a mustache twirling villain and I like it. I hope they carry on for a while without one. There is so many excellent possibilities as it is now. Just surviving, making a plan, fixing the ship, interacting with the ship (is it alive?) and if they are really imaginative just think of the stories one could dream up for a galaxy so far away. I’m so exited!

P.S. We should start taking bets for when the Replicators show up. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.S. How cool would it be to see the poo barge show up? By poo I mean craaaapppp and by craaaapppp I mean creating and placing Stargates.

P.S.S.S. They really do need some smoking hot green aliens.

P.S.S.S.S. What is there are no Trees of Good and Evil in this Galaxy and none of the aliens wear close? This way we can get Showtime to pick it back up. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.S.S.S.S. Will relativity be a factor? They said their traveling above the speed of light but not as fast as hyperspace. If they are still in regular space it may be possible.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S. Why does it take over 8 yrs to get promoted from Colonel to Brigadier General and only 2 yrs to become a Lieutenant General. :confused:

It’s my understanding that relativity in the time dilation sense is only a factor BELOW light speed.

And as for the promotion, it’s in Jack’s case relative to his posting. Take a look at the career of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Emerson_LeMay for a similar situation

Still, I’m surprised it took that long. Frankly, if literally saving the world (and eventually, several galaxies), often single-handedly, isn’t cause for a meritorious promotion, I don’t know what is.

I’ll watch the next couple of episodes, for sure. The writer and producer cred on SGU justifies spending some time with it.

It doesn’t jump out and grab me like SG-1 or BSG did, that’s for sure.

I will of course put words in your mouth and assume you are saying Hammond of Texas was holding him back. :stuck_out_tongue:

On one more note - I just noticed that there are smaller ships attached to the Destiny. Shiny!

<_< yeah uh that was kinda the whole Shooter plot point. The leak was in one of those shuttles

Frak me ! I step away for a second and look what happens. I was just thinking it was a random cabin cause I missed this scene.

I got too exited by the awesome opening shot. You can even see the force field in the opening. :cool: