Stargate Universe

I have to admitt i was ragging on SG: U at first but now im just so frakking excited for new stargate

Shame on you Boxy…Shame…

has anyone hear any more about when we’ll get to see some new stuff. I’ve been on a SG-1 Rewatch, partly due to get the swine flu, but alot because I never really saw it from the begininig. 50 days and I’m already on season 10… I was really sick for a while…lol.

SGU starts in October. They had a couple new trailers at Comic-Con, but Gateworld is down right now, so I don’t have links right now.

The guy who played Doral also played 2 different characters on SG-1. That’s the downside of having 15 seasons between 2 shows. Sometimes, you have to use the same actors for different minor roles.

True, True… I know the same actor played two totally different parts in Deadwood, but it works sometimes. when their a good actor… I mean.
thanks for the intel. something to look forward to after deployment.

gotta admite i am loveing the star gate. its gotten a littel cheesy over time but i think it still holds water

Quote by Starsaber: The guy who played Doral also played 2 different characters on SG-1. That’s the downside of having 15 seasons between 2 shows. Sometimes, you have to use the same actors for different minor roles.

Quote by me:   Problem solved. Arron Douglas played long lost twin Jaffa that were separated at birth and dropped by the front door of two different Goa'uld with nothing but snakeskin blankies and a sad note. The tragedy of this is that never got to meet.                    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Again, twins separated at birth, shoved through a gate to two different addresses, never knowing that they were brothers. The Stargate Gods have a funny sense of humor about these things. Continuity be praised!;)

Grace Park was also in an episode of SG-1 back in the day.

I also find it confusing/funny, when I remember one guest actor being on another show. Like seing John Locke’s mother as Angela Petrelli’s friend (Heroes)…lol

Don’t forget MAS*H. The eventual commander of the outfit was the main character of an earlier episode.

Happens all the time.

Alessandro Juliani is also part of the twin club apearing in Scorched Earth and Moebius parts 1&2. Who else can we find?

That was S5-Proving Ground

Tahmoh Penikett (Helo) - S6 - Unnatural Selection

Matthew Bennett (Doral) - S4 - Point of No Return
S8 - Icon
S9 - Ethon

Dean Stockwell (Cavil) - S6 - Shadow Play

Jen Halley (Seelix) - S5 - The Tomb

Brad Dryborough (Hoshi) - S6 - Sight Unseen

Tiffany Lyndall-Knight (The Hybrid) - S2 - Touchstone
S7 - Revisions

Lorena Gale (Elosha) - S4 - The Curse

Rick Worthy (Simon) - S5 - The Warrior

Ty Olsson (Kelly) - S3 - Point of View
S9 - The Fourth Horseman: Part 1

Tobias Mehler (Zak) - S2 - Message in a Bottle
S2 - The Fifth Race
S2 - A Matter of Time
S2 - Serpent’s Song
S6 - Redemption: Part 1

and many, many others. (But I think this is a good start. ;))

haha, what a coincidence. I had dinner a few minutes ago, and what Stargate episode was airing on German TV - Grace Park’s episode.:slight_smile:

The actress who played older Cassandra in one episode was also the girl who helped Teal’c when he was turning into a bug.

So SG1 was the screen test for the actors to be on BSG. It all makes sense now!:smiley:

I think most Sci Fi actors make there rounds from one show to another. SG-1/Firefly/BSG/Farscape/Star Trek all 5 shows/Babylon 5. I bet if we included Xena and Hercules we would find many more too. they make they rounds till one show picks them up for the full time cast.

Smallville can be put into the mix as well.

Yup, Samuel Witwer (Crashdown) played Doomsday in Smallville. He also played Darth Vader’s secret apprentice in the Force Unleashed video game and, the role that he will tell his grandkids about someday… sloth xindi #3 on an episode of Enterprise!:smiley:

I know I would tell my grandkids…lol…

I already found a few previews, I know I’ve been with out internet for a while, but still wanted to say I liked what I say.
<object width=“425” height=“344”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/wZ4OZPp3Lrg&hl=en&fs=1&”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/wZ4OZPp3Lrg&hl=en&fs=1&” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“425” height=“344”></embed></object>

I am a big Stargate fan but I don’t think I can take another show. Not when they end SG-1 but force you to buy a straight to dvd movie to finally get a conclusion, and then the movie sucks. It took me a while to get into Atlantis but once I did, I loved it. Then of course they decide its a perfect time to cancel it and put out a show thats a copy of BSG in tone and style. I don’t know who is making decisions over there, but they have done a pretty good job alienating me as a viewer.

Well, I was a bit skeptical until I saw one of the full length trailers.

http://gateworld.net/video/newsandfeatures/1248429391.shtml

Still don’t think I’ll like it as much as Atlantis, but I’m willing to give it a chance.