Photography - Project 365

Cute playing peek a boo.

I’m really not pleased with my picture for January 9 - I had a bit of trouble with the focus, and this is the best it came out. It’s fine for smaller viewing, but if you get a bigger one, everything is out of focus. Not cool.

Alas.

Here it is: my lunch! I made Potato Leek soup with Garbanzo Beans.

10 January 2009

Fire! Woodstove is burning, on an unbelievably cold day.

Yup, cute…except when she and her brother are eating cables and 150$ computer chairs. This morning, I caught her in my bathroom, trying to drink the water out of the Goldfish bowl I have in there. She decided since she couldn’t catch the fish, she would make it easier by emptying the bowl. Sometimes she is frighteningly smart.

Lucky, that’s a great photo! :slight_smile: I always have problems when I try to play with light sources within a photograph, so yeah.

Running behind, as always. Here’s mine for the 9th.

Completing the list, our black lab/dachshund (labradachsund?) Missy in her favorite place, under the bed, looks out dubiously but can’t resist her attraction to the camera.

Wow all these pics are awesome! i just got a good SLR camera for XMas and started learning or trying how to take good pics! So I might have to join this flickr and post some pics. But once a day could be hard but I am going once a week. then move up to once a day!
so any body have any good tips for a new guy getting into photgraphy!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our youngest pooch playing with kitty

I am not a very good photographer, so my advice isn’t worth much, but, just have fun with it! Don’t worry about getting the perfect picture. Just take shots of what you want, and take plenty of them. Experiment, and Over time, hopefully, you will refine your technique, but there isn’t any point to it if you aren’t enjoying doing it. If you don’t already have one, a memory card is a must.

Do not tell any one but sometimes I take more than one picture on one day but say I took them over time. Once I get started taking pictures I can not stop. On the other hand starting is often the problem. I am taking pictures more like every other day. I need to post some.

I try to take pictures every day, but I’m realizing in doing so that I am having some challenges. Close focuses, for example. Indoor lighting messes up my flash. Holding my hand steady for certain kinds of shots.

That said, having to take a picture every day is really helping me realize those weaknesses can be improved, so with any luck I’ll get better as the months go on. And maybe, one day, I’ll actually take pictures of people or animals instead of inanimate objects…

Very cute anipals.

Thanks for all the advice! I do have a blast when I take pictures. I only have 2 lenses so I am just playing around them! As for memory card yes I have a 4gb and so far that is good for now.

January 10, a can of one of my favorite desserts, MANJAR (also known as arequipe and dulce de leche)

Part of being a good at taking pictures is taking a great deal of them. Look at pictures you take and others and try to figure out why you think they are good. Then take pictures like them. I could spout out photography 101 but that has always been my best recommendation.

1/8/09 Orange tree.

1/9/09 The house across the street had a fire. The fire plug is in my front yard.

1/10/09 The big fur ball.

Ok I just joined the GWC 365 and added a pic :slight_smile: This was one of my first SLR Pics.

I made the comment on the Flikr 365 but just incase you did not see it. You have a good eye and followed many of the “rules” you would learn in a class. It is a great shot and well balanced etc. Be proud.

Still running a day behind, but here is my photo from yesterday.

Our dog Missy drags the blankets we have scattered around for the dogs into a corner of the sunroom and uses them as her personal sleeping pad. Here she realizes that I am about to take them away so the other dogs will have something to lie on.

thank you so much! never took a class just always played around with pictures a few yrs ago. I am going to look in taking a class just need to find one in my area! I will try and take a pic a day and post them!

I always try and to get a shot when people arent expecting and thats not as easy as it sounds…

Now I just need to take lots of pictures and trial and error!

My sunday Pic 1/11/2009
A close up kinda…

1/11/09
Very close up.