LOST Finale Theories and Hopes

So who was right?

SPOILERS…

Second guess: Close up of someone’s eye opening or closing.

Nailed that one. In another thread I guessed that Juliette was Jack’s ex-wife in the sideways timeline. I think those were the only two I guessed correct.

I got it right that Richard didn’t die…

My first thought for the last scene, before even writing my above “Jack’s funeral” theory, was just Jack lying in the jungle (sans Vincent) dying, eye closing… but that didn’t fit my theory d’Jour. Missed it by that much.

Only guessed a couple of things correctly, but was very happy with the character(s) resolutions and how I felt at the end overall. The Island mysteries, I think, were explained perhaps too much. I probably would have been happier with people walking into the mysterious golden light (see: Pulp Fiction/Repo Man) and not returning, instead of a literal “cork”. That being said, the cool parts of Raiders are the awesome character moments, not The Arc of the Covenant, and I feel the same about Lost. I am so glad I took this 6 year trip. Lost probably tops my short list of favorite TV, in the company of Twin Peaks, and the original versions of The Prisoner and Life on Mars. All are inconsistent, but all also twisted my mind in ways TV never had before. I will return to this show often.