LOST Finale Theories and Hopes

FLASHBACK to MiB’s body being flushed down the light cave. He floats on his back and is sucked down the hole. Suddenly, his eyes flash open as he’s ejected into the open air miles above the island. Tumbling, confused, he looks up just in time to see a huge metallic bird before being sucked into what we recognize as a large Rolls-Royce turbofan.

He’s instantly shredded and the camera POV follows his burned and blended remains as they spread out like a cloud of blackness behind the distressed plane as it begins to break apart from the impact.

CJ Craig’s voiceover from last week’s episode where she informs Jacob and MiB that she’s made it so the two cannot kill each other plays ghostlike, and we see the black cloud begin to coalesce.

We see a series of flashbacks in MiB’s mind of the various injustices he saw during his 30 years as a man among the island refugees. People killed, injured, more, and then we see action.

Slowly at first as he learns to control his new form, then more quickly, the smoke cloud races back to the buckling Oceanic 815. Desperately, it attempts to keep it in the air, but the plane is coming apart at the seems and he can’t quite understand exactly what he’s looking at.

In a final supreme will of effort, he separates himself into two pieces, each of which grabs one part of the plane (most of him gets the front, some of his essence grabs onto the freefalling tail section) and manages to slow their descent enough to set them down mostly intact on the island. The passengers and crew still alive are knocked unconscious and lose all memory of those final terrifying moments.

His two sections, severed and half-animalistic, stream towards each other, but at the last moment, they encounter Jacob the caretaker. At the exact center point of their meeting is a lighthouse, seemingly built over the centuries with knowledge of the roll it would play this day. The two half-conscious segments of what we now recognize as the Smoke Monster come together… up against the polished surface of the mirror, and are bounced in a completely unexpected direction: Up. Into the closing vortex his body had projected from, the smoke monster is sent blasting back through the centuries to, still confused from its sudden remeshing, stream out of the open cave mere seconds after the body entered it.

From what I’ve heard from recent interviews with Matthew Fox, how we would get to the last scene is very emotional…so just what I’m looking form as long as the last scene won’t be in a mental hospital or somebody waking up.

I’m gonna go with “love” or “Dude!”

He could also call in saying “Joey’s Pizza”. (Anybody remembering this appearance of him??)

It’s from Alias :slight_smile:

Wait, I got it. The smoke monster comes out of a volcano and stops air trafic in Europe for a week.

[quote]My guess: The last word of LOST will be “lost”. And not just the title card at the end.

I’m gonna go with “love” or “Dude!”[/quote]

Nevermind, changing my answer to “Dude”. Or maybe “42”.

As long as that doesn’t frak with my flight plans to Europe next week, I’m okay with it.

Sweet. Which country will you be visiting? And so far the volcano is still smoking from time to time.

Depends on who it is:

Jack: It’s good to be home.
Desmond: See you in another life brother.
Claire: Bay-bee
Hurley: Dude
Sawyer: Damn

If it’s Locke saying “We’re going to have to watch that again” then I’ll donate $50 to a charity of Darltons choosing.

The last scene will be a conference room table in a nondescript office. Sitting at it, dressed in standard business-formal, will be a group of Polar Bears.

“Well”, begins one of them, “that didn’t turn out quite as expected.”

Another nods, and adds “The humans don’t seem to perform too well under laboratory conditions.”

The rest nod, and the junior bear among them, enjoying an ice cold Slusho cola, chortles. “And to think, they thought they were experimenting on US!”

My theory for Sunday’s finale: C & D*, C & D and more C & D

Oh,…and one more thing: It’s a love story, as always.:wink:

• (C&D is Crying and Dying)

The promo I’d like to see:

(cue standard Lost piano ‘sad’ music)
“This Sunday on ABC… a very special episode of Lost. You’ve been with them from the beginning, but now that time is coming to an end. You’ve been there when heroes were made (shots of various protagonists) and enemies (ditto with them, including Widmore) were unveiled. Friends left (a montage of prominent dead characters) and new ones made (montage of the various babies/kids of Lost, Lapidas, etc). People divided have come together as family (more montages of), and like all families… it’s now time to get eaten by the Smoke Monster.” <beat> “RRRRRRRROOOOAAARRR!” as Smokey rushes the screen and everything goes black.

The signal flickers with static and stabilizes with a new image, an orientation video for The Orchid. Dr. Chang smiles into the camera. “Congratulations on your posting to the Dharma initiative! Pay close attention, we have much to discuss…”

YAY!!:slight_smile:

Or Sawyer will say “Son of a bitch” Good idea with the charity. I know that Damon has been donating to the Autism Speaks Charity (per example he donated 1K during Jay and Jacks 30 hour marathon Podcast)

Hahaha, that’s the most hilarious thing i read heard today.:smiley:

So far, I feel like my theories are still in play, and therefore I am bad ass until Sunday comes and all my hopes and dreams are shattered.

Big reveal: They’re in a computer program. The entire television series has actually been a brilliant publicity stunt for the new TRON movie.

Lightcycles EVERYWHERE.

If it’s Locke saying “We’re going to have to watch that again” then I’ll donate $50 to a charity of Darltons choosing.

Haha! I’m betting we will all be saying that at the end.

I think Gaeta is the 5th cylon.

:smiley:

Baltar

And Kate will be disappearing Starbuck-style.

Well I think we’re all a bit right and wrong. I always felt the island was a way-station between planes of existence, but as we got toward the end, I was so focused on what time meant, I sorta forgot about the island’s role.