FSL 2.0 Challenge 1: Puppynapped

Un Fur Gettable

The nanites poured out of the FEDEX package in the mailroom and scurried unseen across the floor and along walls, seeking out electrical sources and EM radiation emissions. Others when they reached a rich metallic source stopped and consumed the metal to replicate themselves, within a few hours the 10 story building was infested with them.

Across the street in a high rise parking garage sat a uber high tech Global Dynamics van, inside three figures watched the monitors and scanners along the Westside wall, Henry’s eyes twinkled as a ping sounded from a scanner, “I think the nano-network is complete.” He typed in code and a highly detailed schematic of the entire building came into view, Corran smiled. “Great work Henry, you were right. This overkill security system of theirs is actually their greatest weakness; we can now turn it against them.” Red dots began to appear on every floor, one hundred to be exact. Henry rubbed his chin, “This is odd… There are EXACTLY one hundred people on each floor, what are the odds of that?” Raizo shrugged, “Ninjas are prone to OCD, so we tend to group in nice even numbers.” They both turned to look at him, he looked from one to the other of them, “What?” Corran asked, “Why so many?” Raizo reluctantly answered, “It is our Union’s Headquarters.” Henry raised an eyebrow, “You have a union?” Raizo shrugged again, “Doesn’t everyone?”

After crafting an ingenious plan Corran looked around the van, “Where is Pred?” He waved his hands around like a blind man, “Is he invisible again? I hate it when he does that…” Raizo shook his head, “No, I think he is heading for the roof.” Henry scratched his head, “Why would he be heading for the roof?” The Ninja smiled, “That is where the dragon is located, I caught Preddy earlier today clearing a spot on his trophy wall large enough for a dragon skull.” Corran’s jaw dropped, “A dragon? There is a dragon on the roof?” Henry and Corran swung a camera towards the roof, no dragon appeared on any of their sweeps. Henry sighed, “Well it is a ninja building after all, it must be cloaked inside some sort of holographic field.” Corran nodded, “Yeah, I imagine a dragon would cause a bit of stir.” He looked at Raizo, “Let me guess… The dragon is a union member too?” Raizo smiled, “No, he is in town for the convention,” Henry started to ask a question but stopped and waved his hands, “No, no, I don’t want to know…” Raizo smirked, “It is better that way.”

Using the hacked security system and the building’s central control they locked down the building and raised multiple alarms and electronically summoned help from a vast array of governmental agencies. The Fire department, SWAT, the Bomb Squad, Hazardous Materials Management, Dept. of Homeland Defense, CDC and numerous others swarmed on the building and smashed their way in and began scouring the building for Anthrax; terrorists and a myriad other non existent threats. The Ninjas being ninjas they could not allow their cover to be blown. So they disguised themselves as generic office workers and your standard cubicle drones, they clustered around water coolers and hunched over computer keyboards. A few even mimicked characters they had seen in movies in an effort to appear genuine, “m-m-m-m-m yeeeeeeeaaaaaah, I’m going to need you to work overtime.” And the ever popular sheepishly mumbled, “… uhm… um… that’s my stapler, my stapler…”

Corran and Raizo simply walked right in and blended with the chaos of milling bureaucrats, State and Federal workers and clueless supervisors. They went straight to the room which had Talat locked inside, and asked some police officers standing around drinking coffee if they could help with the locked door. They handed the officers a job application that they had snatched up on the way in and Corran used the Jedi mind trick to fool them into thinking it was a warrant. The ninjas disguised as unmotivated supervisors glared at Corran and Henry as they unlocked the door, but they dared not do anything in front of so many heavily armed police and law enforcement officers. They put Talat into a dog carrier and carried him out of the building in front of hundreds of irritated ninjas and a thousand plus clueless governmental employees.

Corran used the Jedi Mind trick to scare curious people away as they headed for the van disguised as an Animal Control vehicle, “Stand back people, this animal has Lyme Disease, very dangerous… Please make room everyone.” They headed to the rendezvous point and when they arrived they found the Predator sitting beside a stolen Lawmaster Mrk 5 and cleaning a very large reptilian skull. As they pulled up he held aloft the massive skull and beamed with obvious pride, his mouth mandibles spread widely into a curious and somewhat creepy smile. At least they hoped it was a smile.

Talat ran to his happy master and was so excited to be reunited he bagan to lay down some funky beats.

//youtu.be/Hhz9Aa6tDwk

Does a Ninja Poop in the Woods?

Fox swooped down from the clouds atop her confiscated Mrk V Lawmaster, she slowed to a near stop in front of the curious dragon and wiggled her butt and tail at it. The evil Japanese dragon became enraged and chased after the now fleeing Fox, after all in Japanese Mythology Foxes are often seen as … oh never mind. Back to the story!

With the dragon gone Hitgirl and The Killer drop from the airship hidden in the manufactured clouds, as soon as Hitgirl hits the roof she runs to the air conditioning units and attaches the bottles of nanobots to the inlet ducts. She turns to Wesley, “A dog? What the Hell is so special about this dog?” Seltzer speaks in her headset, “It swallowed a USB drive that contains very valuable information.” Wesley walks over to the other side of the roof and attaches a containment module to it and asks, “Why don’t the Ninjas just cut the damned dog open and remove the drive?” Seltzer grumbles, “The Yoshida clan consider dogs sacred, that is why they are feeding it laxatives and taking it for walks in the arboretum.” Hitgirl attaches the last of the bottles and asks, “So why do we have to bring it back alive?” The Professor grumbles again, “Because the owner could become an important asset to our organization, it is always good to have potential allies that owe you favors.”

The nanobots began moving throughout the buildings structural supporting beams and began multiplying and taking up their programmed positions. Once hacked in to the surveillance system the Professor spotted their target and relayed the information to Hitgirl and the Killer. He released the silicon based life form from its containment module; it began feeding on the metal and concrete and started growing. The assassins activated their field emitters so that they would appear unappetizing to the creature, it began spreading down the side of the building digesting glass and wiring and plumbing as it went, it fed on the electrical current and sprouted tendrils which sought out even more sustenance. The ninjas began attacking the invading tentacles and a battle began, the life form saw the ninjas as a virus which had invaded the host it was consuming and it sought to rid the host of this threat.

With the ninjas distracted the two lowered themselves down to the floor which housed the stolen canine, they waited for the signal. Once the proper number of ninjas had been drawn away to fend off the metallic menace they punched through the window and stormed the lushly filled arboretum, the sound of battle inside the florally scented garden echoed that of the battle raging 20 meters away.

The ninjas were getting the upper hand and turning back the invader until Fox lured the wounded dragon into crashing through the side of the building where the frontline of the battle was being waged. With the dog safely housed in a papoose they exited the window and climbed onto the hovering Lawmaster piloted by a smug looking Fox at the controls. Once they arrived on the shrouded airship the Professor activated the nanobots, the microscopic buggers turned sections of the supporting beams to a gaseous state. The floors of the building pancaked one atop the other again, and again, and again. Until it imploded all the way to below the street level.

Hitgirl asked the Professor, “What about that creature? Isn’t it still alive?” He smiled, “Not to worry little one, I manipulated its DNA. It will die in a about 30 minutes, and its cells will turn into titanium.” Wesley grinned, “And let me guess… The company which will clean up this mess and collect all of that valuable metal is owned by you?” Seltzer grinned, “But of course, you know me so well my friend…”

As the ship casually headed to their nearest secluded hideout the Professor rubbed his chin, “I have been thinking… Now that you are a member of our organization, how about a new name to celebrate the ocassion?” Hitgirl looked dubiously at the white haired man. He ruffled his snowy locks, “How about ‘Littah Killah’?” He smiled victoriously, but Hitgirl visibly cringed at the name. Wesley offered, “She is still an apprentice, maybe we should hold off on a name change until she finishes her training.” The Professor sighed, “Well alright…” When he turned around and went back to monitoring the controls Hitgirl blew out a breath of relief, and she and Wesley exchanged a knowing smile.

Edit: (for reference they are posted on page twenty of the discussion thread, and their introduction is on the introduction thread)

Oh, Omra…always gotta be totally awesome and bury us all in the dirt. :stuck_out_tongue: Just kidding, of course. But a damn solid read of a mission.

Saving Sean’s Precious

Team Morally Ambiguous
Pilot: Tom Paris
Tech: Topher Brink
Recon: Gollum
Martial Artist: Faith the vampire slayer

Faith Lehane, fresh off her stint in prison, steps into Topher Brink’s lab, blueprints in her hand.
“Topher, babe, looks like we’ve got a new job. You in?”
“I was born in,” he says with a smirk.
“You have no idea how dumb you sound when you say that, do you?”
“Not even a little bit, Faith. What you do need?”
“A way in, a way out. We’ve got wheels, a pilot and one hell of a recon…thing.”
“Give me one hour.”

With a plan in mind to save Talat, Team Morally Ambiguous heads for the Deville building, a 17-story monstrosity in the middle of No Man’s Land (Iowa, not Nebraska). One block away, Topher Brink, Faith Lehane, Tom Paris and Gollum sit in their tricked-out surveillance van (cleverly hidden in a cornfield, but not THAT cornfield).

“All right, everyone ready?” Faith asks. “Gollum, you good to go?”
“My precious -”
“Yes, yes, we know, your precious, but we need to save Sean’s precious. SEAN’S PRECIOUS. You in?”
“Precious!”

Gollum slips the ring on his finger, gently slides into the building, and works his way up to the 14th floor. The ninja around him feel only a whiff of evil briefly touching them, but they just figure it’s Deville in a mood – again. (The new puppy is being too cute to kill at the moment)

“What are 1,700 ninja doing in that building?”
“Topher, I told you – you can never separate a ninja from a ‘Law and Order’ marathon. Why else would be launching this offensive on the Fourth of July?” Faith sighed. “Bitch is making me miss fireworks!”

Topher, having riled up Faith’s anger, retreats to his cameras, checking the video loops for the 174th time. They couldn’t be broken, he thinks, but it didn’t hurt to be too careful. The camera on Gollum’s ear (so tiny it could be an earring; brilliant, Mr. Brink!) shows rows upon rows of ninja, glued to their TVs, enraged at a wrongful sentencing.

Slowly, invisible Gollum, ignoring all the shadows around him, makes his way up to the 14th floor. Topher had pored over the building plans for 40 minutes, picked 16 spots to plant the special bricks, but Gollum didn’t care about that. His precious (“My precious”) was with him, and if the team let them be together, he’d do what they wanted (“Gollum, Gollum”).

With the sensors in place, Topher goes off to fetch Tom Paris, the rapscallion Faith had picked up in some bar. He’d gotten bored and wandered off, and there he was, flirting with some muffin maiden in the fields (“You are one groovy lass”).

“Tom, time to go. Say goodbye.”
“Loser, bet you’ve never even been on a date.” With a sour glance at Topher, Tom jumps on the hover cycle, Faith behind him, ready to strike.

Gollum had waited, and waited, but his precious (“My precious”) would not wait. Out of his hand she leaps, and begins rolling down the hall, up the stairs, toward some evil power greater than Gollum. Fortunately, he’s still on the ceiling. Fortunately, the climax of the L&O episode is still building – no one saw him leave, no one saw him chasing his magic ring who didn’t want to stay with him.

But plans are plans – with one sorrowful look, Faith gives the order to Topher…and three floors (14, 15, 16) of the Deville building collapse, Topher’s bomb having only blown out the floor (not the load-bearing walls). It’s only a matter of time before the rest of the building went, but for now, Tom flies the hover cycle to a window on the 17th floor – Tom shatters the glass with one blast from the cycle, Faith chucks in a round of smoke bombs, readjusts her safety goggles (“Safety first, fellows”) and dives in to a sea of confused ninja.

They fight hard, but they’re no match for a prepared (and pissed-off) former Slayer. She works her way to the CEO’s office – even in the panic and confusion of the explosion, she knew (thanks to Topher) where Deville had hidden her greatest (stolen) treasure.

But well, Plan A isn’t quite getting off the ground from our team. Gollum follows and cries and whispers for his precious to come back to him, not paying attention to the ninja running around and trying to kill him. His precious (“My Precious!”) flees under an office door. Gollum rips through the door, and sees her, the famous and fabulous Deville, with her hand just inches away from his precious (“MY PRECIOUS!”).

He doesn’t hold back; his fingers become claws, his mouth becomes a row of sharp knives.

At last when once again he nabs the precious (“My precious!), he notices a dog wagging his tail, hoping for a treat. When Faith enters, all she sees is Gollum, cooing to his recovered precious (“My precious”) and a happy Talat ready to come home.

Faith swoops up Talat, over her headphones gives Tom his next assignment (“Gently break the window, we’ve got our target in here”), and out they jump to Tom Paris and the cycle.

Mission accomplished.

CODA: But what about that dragon?

Well, where the one ring goes, the Nazgul follow – but even nine Nazgul are no match against a dragon defending her home. Sure, the building was nothing but rubble afterward, with all ninja and the boss lost, but that’s the price you pay for puppynappin’!

Angel’s, we have a problem. An old rival of mine has kidnapped some of our family. B.B. (Beatrix’s daughter and Conan’s goddaughter) and Talat (beloved dog of Conan’s old leader, codenamed: The Reverend) have been taken by a man named Deville. He is a henchman working for the villainous Bender. This is payback for a defeat he suffered at our hands years ago. Ladies…you are going to get them back and crush these two in the process.

Starbuck and Seven begin by cruising around on the Lawmaster looking for a beer truck. Once spotted making a delivery they pull up and pretend to have bike problems. While the driver is distracted by Starbuck, Seven hijacks the truck and makes her way to Bender Plaza.

Seven, posing as a smokin hot delivery chick, is allowed through security and makes note of every pass-code they used. Delivering the beer to Bender’s office, Seven slips B.B. a note from Beatrix that only they could read. Seven continues delivering the beer to the rest of the floors and as everyone in the building is drinking she makes her way to the servers in the basement using the pass-codes she memorized. From here she is able to take control of the building. Meanwhile Starbuck has arrived and drives away in the delivery truck so no attention is drawn.

As the sun begins to set, Beatrix arrives at Bender Plaza in her yellow jumpsuit ready for battle. As she walks through the front door the man at the desk asked, “Can I help you”.
Beatrix responds, “I’m here for the job.”
“We have no open positions at this time”, he says.
“There is now”, and with one fluid motion Beatrix decapitates him. A couple ninja bodyguards at the end of the hallway saw this and radioed for backup. Seven had the elevators under her control so ninjas began pouring out of the stairways. It was on now add what happen next was so horrific it can’t be described in words, but you could watch the movie. :wink: After dispatching at least 88 ninjas she made her way to the elevator which opened automatically. As the doors closed she picked up her radio and said, “Angel’s begin.”

Beatrix is now heading up to Bender’s floor, Seven is moving up to the roof, Starbuck is on top of a parking structure next door, Sarah is on top of the building next door in sniper position and 100’s of ninjas are packed into the lower levels of the building.

Sarah began things by shooting a smoke bomb into Bender’s office. As she did, B.B. picked up Talat and move to a specific spot against the window. Beatrix arrived at the floor filled with smoke and began executing everything that moved. As Seven arrived at the roof she drew the dragon’s attention at which point Sarah used her telepathy to calm it. Seven moved toward it and using her injection tubes, filled it with nanoprobes designed to assimilate it. As the assimilation took effect its thoughts began to join with Seven’s and as it calmed she began to pet it and said, “resistance is futile”. Starbuck hit the throttle on the Lawmaster and accelerated toward the edge of the parking garage at an incredible speed. Jumping off just before the edge, Starbuck saw the bike hurtle toward the lower floors of Bender’s building. A few seconds after it broke through the glass of the building the shockwave of the explosion rang out as it took out several floors at the base of the tower. Sarah, having switched to a heat vision scope, was taking out ninja’s all around Bender. The smoke was beginning to clear as Beatrix entered the office where Bender had just noticed B.B. and Talat near the window. His arms were extending to grab the two hostages when Sarah hit him with a Lockdown field, immobilizing him. "I get the pleasure to be the only person to see the look on your face before you die’’ Beatrix said with a smile as she ran toward the two hostages and grabbed them as they all flew out the window. Raising into view soon after was Bender’s pet dragon and with a deep breath it blew a giant fireball encompassing the entire office. Seven, Beatrix, B.B. and Talat all flew away watching as the building began to collapse in on itself.

Arriving at Conan’s beach house all on the back of a giant green dragon they were meet by Conan who had an equally giant smile. “Well done Angel’s”. :cool:

I am finally reading everyone’s entries. That line made me laugh out loud.

The cats try to entice the dragon…HILARIOUS!!

giggle Nice.

Love that you used the Terminator to find the doggie.

Music doesn’t only calm the savage beast but the hoards of ninjas as well.

I loves me the long version…oh no…alright preemptive IYKWIM! Anywho, I love the long version. You nailed the Riddick character.

Love that.

Totally did not see that coming.

Nicely done. You have to be in it to win it.

Oh. My. Crom. Wonderful.

BWHAHAHA!!

Hungry ninjas. I never woulda thot of hungry ninjas.

spleenburst

giggle Nice job.

Ouch. Tears. I have actual tears running down my face.

Wonderful premise. Nice job.

OCD ninjas. O.C.D. NINJAS!!

OK. That was worth the price of admission.

Um, alright. Imma need a moment. All the chick hotness. fans self That was hot. That was hot.

Everyone did a wonderful job. I don't envy Sean, having to pick one. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on me own.

Team J-Bob

The swirling blue vortex opens onto a parking lot across the street from a 20 floor office building. The voice booms out behind the new team. “A CREUL PERSON NAMED ‘DEVILLE’ HOLDS AN INNOCENT PUPPY ON THE TOP FLOOR OF THAT BUILDING. THERE WILL BE CERTAIN ITEMS ALONG THE WAY TO ASSIST YOU. YOU MUST LIBERATE HIM. GO.” The vortex closes.

A wheelless motorcycle sits in the parking lot. Alex and Brock go over to check it out. “We’re not all going to fit on that” Alex comments to Brock.
The giant robot Wreck Gar looks down at the bike and says in a perfect infomercial voice, “And if you call now we’ll throw in the second one at no additional cost to you!” He leans forward and transforms into a motorcycle.

Brock smirks, “That was kinda cool.” He turns to Data, “You’re the recon guy, take the transformer here and go check the situation out.”

Data climbs aboard the new motorcycle and without touching anything it speeds out of the parking lot across the street, nearly tossing him off the back. Brock and Alex wait for their return. A few minutes later the bike comes screaming back into the lot, skidding to a halt it throws up a cloud of dust.
Data’s voice comes out of the cloud. “The building has a state of the art security system, for this time period, with infrared cameras and motion detectors. There appears to be a fire breathing reptilian creature on the roof.” The dust clears to show Data standing next to Wreck Gar, in motorcycle form, with a black throwing star sticking out of his chest. “And ninjas. A lot of ninjas.”

“Dude, you okay?” Brock asks. Data looks questioningly at him. Brock points to the star sticking out of his chest. Data looks down, noticing the throwing star for the first time. He reaches up and pulls it from his chest.

“The stainless steel from this time period is not strong enough to penetrate the duranium alloys that my torso is made from. I am unharmed.”

Wreck Gar transforms back to his robot form, and states “Call the home security experts!” He transforms back into a motorcycle again and tears off toward the office building. The red and grey bike streaks around the side of the building. Throwing stars, blowgun darts, shuriken, and arrows bouncing harmlessly off his armored sides. He turns into the alley that contain the main electrical and security system junction boxes, slamming into the 2 ninja placed there to guard them. He transforms on the fly landing next to the boxes. He tears the lids off and studies the interior circuitry. “Easy as 1,2,3” he mumbles to himself. Wreck Gar turns to the dumpsters in the alley and searches for something useful. He finds an old hard drive. Tearing the outer case off he shuffles through the circuit boards. Finding the one he wants his right hand retracts into his arm and a slim tool emerges in its place. He makes several modifications to the board. The tool retracts and his hand returns. He slips the board into the security system. With a wicked grin he transforms back into a motorcycle and heads back to his teammates.

Across the street Alex, Brock and Data stare as every alarm in the building goes off at once. Lights are flashing on and off in the windows, the fire sprinkles are going off on every floor, while bells and sirens sound. Wreck Gar rolls into the parking lot and transforms. He points at the building, “Limited time offer, supplies are limited, act now. Offer void in Alaska, Utah and Maine.”

Brock doesn’t waste a moment. Turning to Alex, “Kid, can you drive that thing?”

Alex looks at the hovering bike, “I guess we’ll find out.” He hops on and fires it up. Brock climbs up behind him.

“Head straight for the main entrance. At the last minute turn it sideways, I’ll hop off and go in through the front. Then hightail it back here and see what you guys can do about that thing on the roof. I’ll handle the ninjas, I’m good with ninjas.” Alex takes off heading straight at the doors; he hits the sidewalk and slams the bike sideways. Brock vaults off the back and sails into the glass doors. He slams through them, shoulder rolls as he hits the ground, and launches himself back onto his feet, pulling his bowie knife in the process. Hundreds of ninjas stare at him; an evil grin spreads across his face. With a scream of rage he plows into them.

Alex slows the bike and stops next to the waiting robot and android. They all look back toward the building as a blood curdling howl of anger echoes across do them. They all start over to help their comrade but stop short as the first broken, bloody body of a dead ninja flies out through the shatter doors. “I guess he’s okay then.” Two more shatter ninjas come crashing out through the lobby windows to splatter on the sidewalk. “What do you think we should do about the dragon on the roof?”

Data ponders this for a moment, “We could attempt to lure the creature from the roof. If Alex could hold its attention for a moment Wreck Gar and I could attack from behind. It is possible that our combined strengths could subdue it. If you were to take the hover cycle up to the dragons’ level and then flee it is possible that it would chase you. We could scale the opposite side of the building and come at it from behind.”

“Okay, let’s do this.” Alex climbs aboard the bike and starts to glide up toward the roof, while Data and Wreck Gar climb up the side of the building. The green dragon is curled up in the middle of the roof. Its watchful eyes constantly scanning the sky for encroaching enemies and food. A small creature appears in his peripheral vision; standing up the dragon spreads its wings and bellows in rage at the interloper. The dragon shoots jets of flame at the annoying creature buzzing around its head. He never sees the robot and android sneaking up from behind. Data and Wreck Gar pounce on the dragons’ wings, severely damaging them. The dragon whips his head around to shoot fire at the two new attackers. Alex uses the distraction to ram the hover cycle into the side of the creatures head. Disoriented the dragon staggers toward the edge of the roof. Data sees that the dragon is teetering precariously on the edge of the roof.

“Push it over the edge.” Data cries as he rams his shoulder into the beasts’ belly. Wreck Gar runs to his side adding his considerable brawn. Alex brings the hover cycle in a sweeping arch, lining up with the dragons center, he crack the throttle wide open. Slamming dead center into the creature shifts its center of gravity over the edge. The great beast starts to plummet, it tries to spread its wings but they are too badly damaged. The dragon plummets like a stone. There is a resounding thud as it hits the ground. Alex lands and together the team looks down at the dragon. Its neck is bent at an unnatural angle, broken by the fall.

Wreck Gar pipes up, “Twas’ beauty that killed the beast.”

Staring at the carcass of the dragon Alex notices that the ground and sidewalk around it is littered with broken glass and dead and dying ninja. “Look at that, how many do you think there are?”
Data looks down, his eyes scanning quickly back and forth, “By my count 1,962. Although I am unable to ascertain how many are cover by the body of the dragon. It appears that Brock was quite successful with in dealing with the ninja. Perhaps we should see if he requires our assistance.” The trio heads toward the roof access door.

Brock is exhausted. He uses his left hand to pull himself up the last flight of stairs to the top floor. His bowie knife hangs limply in his right hand. His clothes are shredded; he is bleeding from hundreds of small cuts. “2000 ninjas, where do find 2000 ninjas in this day and age?” He stumbles forward as he tries to step onto a step that isn’t there. He’s finally reached the top floor. Through the door on his left is where the ‘Deville’ person is holding the dog. A noise draws his attention to the roof stairs, “Enough with the ninja already!” He slips back into a defensive crouch bringing up his knife. He’s coiled like a spring ready to leap on whoever comes down the stairs. A shape emerges, he strikes. Just before he the blade sinks home a yellowish hand snaps out and stops his arm. It’s the rest of his team. Data’s hand stopping his knife an inch from Alex’s skull. Slack jawed; Alex can only stare at the knife point glistening before his eye.

Ever calm Data says “I believe you have eliminated all of the ninja, and I cannot allow you to harm Alex.” Releasing Brocks arm, he gestures to the door. “We should attempt to locate the canine. Wreck Gar was unable to fit through the door, so I advised him to wait for us on the roof.” The trio pushes through the door into the vestibule of the penthouse. In the center of the room is a dog carrier, the dog within whines when he sees the team enter the room. Behind the carrier stand the villain ‘Deville.’

She is a painfully thin older woman. Her skin is sallow, her makeup severe. She wears a black and white fur coat and a tendril of smoke rises from the slim black cigarette holder in her gloved hand. Her voice is grating, “You may have won this time, but I will strike again!” She throws her head back cackling madly. Her head snaps back and her hand flashes forward releasing a smoke grenade. Thick oily gray smoke rises between her and the dog carrier. When the smoke clears she is gone and the sounds of a helicopter rotor winding up drifts back to the team.

Brock collapses into a chair, “That was kinda cliché, don’t you think.”

Continued in part 2 …

Team J-Bob part 2

Alex kneels before the dog carrier, opens the latch, and is knocked over backwards as the excited dog leaps into his arms. “Good boy, what a good boy you are. You’re safe now.” The dog’s tail beats enthusiastically against Alex’s chest as he looks for the dogs tags. “Talat, funny name, let’s get you home.” The team makes their way back to the roof of the building. Talat rubs up against Data’s leg, Data awkwardly reaches down to pat his head. Alex seeing his discomfort asks, “What’s the matter Data? Don’t you like dogs?”

“I am relieved that we were able to rescue the dog from harm, but I must admit that I am more of a cat person.”

Wreck Gar is watching the helicopter that ‘Deville’ escaped in start to fade into the distance. He pulls his laser blaster out and takes careful aim. Lining up the sights on the shrinking helicopter a wicked grin forms on his metallic lips. “I know what you’re thinking. ‘Did he fire six shots or only five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” He pulls the trigger, a bolt of red energy streaks across the sky. The helicopter blossoms into an orange fireball. Wreck Gar brings the gun up to his lips and blows imaginary smoke off the barrel. He reholsters his blaster and turns to his team. They have saved the animal.

Behind him the swirling blue vortex opens again and the voice booms out to them. “YOU HAVE DONE WELL. TALAT IS SAFE AND SHALL BE RETURNED TO HIS RIGHTFUL MASTER. NOW REST AND REPLENISH YOURSELVES. THERE IS MORE WORK THAT NEEDS DONE.” The team and dog are pulled into vortex. It closes, leaving behind an office tower with shattered windows surrounded by the broken corpses of 2000 ninjas and a dragon.

Well done, J-bob. All the characters were spot-on, especially Data and Wreck-Gar.

LOL. Love it. Only you, Talos. But then again, no one knows Kirk better than you. :smiley:

Team Jinkies
Driver: Fred Jones
Tech: Velma Dinkley
Recon: Scooby-Doo
Martial Artist: Neo

In a locker room far, far, away …

Me: Alright we are starting over fresh, not breaking any rules this time so karma “should” be with me, although the draft could have gone better.

The team pulls up In the Mystery Machine dragging behind them a tied up person, looks like Cruella Deville

Me: Ok team, how did it go?

Neo: I remember dying and then waking up in a hover vehicle headed for a building filled with ninjas and a dragon to save a puppy. This is a dream … right?

Fred: I formulated a master plan. Scooby would dress up as the ninjas’ former master and convince them to leave the building so we could sneak up quietly in the hoover vacuum.

Me: Hover…, never mind, and that actually worked?

Scooby: Noo, my reard rell off! (Noo, my beard fell off!)

Neo: Apparently that insulted the ninjas’ honor, forcing them to invoke a blood oath to hunt him down. The dog turned tail and all the ninjas followed.

Me: Way to play to your strengths Scooby, who knew they were Klingon ninjas.

Fred: I then slayed the dragon with my hoover vacuum.

Neo: You mean, the vehicle’s noise attracted the dragon’s attention and you crashed into it. I saw Velma grab the wheel and aim for his chest, how did you know how to do that?

Velma: Jinkies, I suddenly remembered my Tolkien. The dragon’s weakpoint was on the hollow of his left breast.

Fred: With the building empty we confronted the criminal! We rescued Sean’s dog and the fiend made a run for it. But Mr. Anderson tripped the scoundrel.

Neo: I know Kung Fu!

Fred: We dropped off Sean’s dog and brought the do-badder here.

Velma: This imposter can only be … Velma rips off the Deville mask to reveal Solai! After his rescue by the GWC team from Rura Penthe, he wanted revenge because of his “mistreatment.”

Solai: And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for those meddlesome kids and their dog!

Neo: I am not a kid!

Me: Excellent! Just Excellent! With the power of 70’s Hanna-Barbera Camp, no one can stop us now! Bwahahahaha! Take that Team GWC!

Neo: I died and went to hell, is that it?

Daisuke, thanks for the inspiration!

LMAO

The whole thing was worth a chuckle, but that was the clincher!

giggle

Oh. My. Crom. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Team Thot: Dog Rescue Op — Part 1 of 3

(Find part 2 of 3 at http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showpost.php?p=297595&postcount=72 )
(Find part 3 of 3 at http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showpost.php?p=297599&postcount=75 )

KWAI CHANG CAINE AND 7-YEAR OLD SEAN

Kwai Chang Caine sat down beside the 7-year old Sean O’Hara. The boy was very upset—eyes red from crying.

In his trademark soft, quiet voice, Caine said in halting English “I am sorry … about your dog. You are … afraid?”

Sean sobbed and replied, “Y-yes. What if he’s hurt?..or …or …worse?”

“Try not to worry. I am on my way as we speak to rescue your dog, “ said Caine.

“How can that be?” asked boy Sean, “And…I’m a grown man, with a wife and a child. Why am I here talking to you as a little boy?”

Caine smiled a wan smile, his eyes crinkled with the wisdom of a Shaolin priest. “As … a man, you love Talat very much. But…the boy … inside you …also loves your dog. And that is the part of you that is most afraid. You are dreaming now Sean.”

The boy Sean nodded with understanding and said “Mr. Caine. Who would do such a awful thing? Steal someone’s dog?”

“I …do …not know,” said Caine, “I but I … believe that this ‘Deville’ must be a very cruel man …or woman.”

“But how can you alone rescue Tally?,” cried Sean, “All those Ninjas …and the Dragon!! Aren’t you afraid Mr. Caine?”

Caine shrugged “What happens in a man’s life is already written. Man must … move through life as his destiny wills. A Shaolin is never afraid to walk the path of his life.” Caine paused thotfully for a moment and replied. “I have a team that will help me. And … as for the dragon …I …feel that …the dragon…is not what it seems. Try not to be afraid Sean. Sleep….”

DANIEL GRAYSTONE AND RACE TRACK

Daniel Graystone took another drag on his cigarette as he eyed the woman on the other side of the conference table. Only she and he were in the room. He sensed a strange hostility from her that he couldn’t make sense of. He decided to ignore it and press on.

“So…I’m sorry…what was your name again?”, he said.

“My friends call me Racetrack,” the woman replied. Graystone was about to reply when she interrupted with “But you can call me Lieutenant j.g Edmondson.”

Daniel raised his eyebrows. He was getting a bit fed up. “Okay, … look …Ms. Edmondson, I don’t know what your problem is with me. I assume you can’t tell me because of the rules against timeline disruption, but we have a job to do here, so let’s be civil, okay?”

She bit her tongue before saying what she wanted to say. She had a hard time getting her head around the idea that she was sitting across from the man who created the Cylons—the destroyers of nearly the whole frakking human race!! “Fine,” said Racetrack. “Whatta ya got?”

Bringing up his notes on his viewscreen, Graystone began “Okay. Last night, thanks to your reconnaissance, we located the office building where the dog is being held. That was a very lucky find by the way. How did you do it?”

Racetrack shrugged “I dunno. I’m good that way I guess—finding things I mean.”

Graystone continued “Okay, I’ve had my people get me information about the building’s security system. Bad news first: It’s state of the art. Basically impenetrable. Entrances are tripled security locked with encrypted security passkeys. There’s approximately 100 ninja guards on every floor, and they ninjas all wear special Holobands they allow them to ‘see’ in the dark, see through walls, and to communicate with each other. Without keycode access, there’s literally no way in or out of the building except from the roof. If I had time, I’d try to create a hack routine to bypass the door security, but we don’t have that kind of time.”

Taking it all in Racetrack nodded, “That sounds pretty frakking bad”

“Now the good news,” Graystone went on “Turns out the company that built the building’s security system is a subsidiary of my company Graystone Industries. It was a fairly recent acquisition, so no real help there in terms of breaching the system. However, we are a direct supplier of the Holoband variant they use, the ones the Ninja guards wear. I found a way to broadcast an electromagnetic pulse that will overload those Holobands and blow their battery casings. Anyone wearing one when that happens will, in theory be knocked unconscious for 10 to 15 minutes. I wouldn’t bank completely on this trick though. Ninjas have pretty fast reaction times and I suspect some of them will remove their Holobands before they get zapped.”

Graystone paused to point to some items on the table “Here’s the trigger mechanism for setting off the knockout pulse. And here we have two exact replicas of the black outfits the ninja guards wear. You and Kwai Chang Caine will be wearing those. You’ll also wear these modified versions of the Holobands—these two will be immune from the knockout pulse. Also, before you set off the pulse, you’ll be able to see into the ninja’s communication network and have a tactical view of where each one is. And one more thing: This is a sensor that detects dog fur. Its range is only around 50 or 60 yards, so you’ll only be able to tell if Talet is the on the same floor as your on. But…we also have your ‘uncanny sense’ working for us too I suppose.”

“Nice, said Racetrack. “So what’s the plan?”

Graystone lists off the plan:

1. You and Kwai Chang Caine put on your Ninja outfits and Holobands.
  2. You and Speed Racer will the Lawmaster hovercycle and use its guns to smash through a second story window. Speed will jump the hovercycle in through the smashed window.
  3. Kwai Chang Caine says he’ll find his own way into the building.
  4. The Lawmaster will dispense smoke as a cover while you dismount the hovercyle and blend in with the ninjas.
  5. Separately, the three of you will make your way to the roof (you and Caine on foot in disguise as ninjas, Speed Racer on the hovercycle) checking on each floor using the fur detector.
  6. Find the dog and bring him to the roof.
  7. Defeat the dragon.
  8. Unpack and assemble your portable parachute gliders, jump off the roof and guide to the ground.

“Well, I supposed Adama has ordered me to do crazier things than that,” said Racetrack. “Off I go. This Speed Racer dude is outside with the hover cycle?”

“Yes. Parking lot.” said Graystone. “I’m sorry did you say ‘Adama’?”

“No. No, you must have heard me wrong,” said Racetrack covering herself.

“Good luck to you, Ms. Edmondson,” Graystone’s face took on a haunted look all of the sudden. “You know something…I have a dog too. And … I love my dog a lot, but….”

“Huh?” said Racetrack.

“Never mind…I was just….Good hunting, Lieutenant.” He stood up to shake Racetracks hand. But she ignored it and went on her way. Graystone could have sworn he heard her say “Go frak yourself.” under her breath, but he couldn’t be sure.

TO BE CONTINUED

Yep, laughed out loud at work and drew some stares. It was made even worse due to the fact that I can hear Scooby’s voice in my head better than many people I know in real life.

The team assembles, Sam, Claudia and Obi-Wan find an empty office in the building across the street.
Hiller spends the next 30 minutes bumping into stuff in the parking lot figuring out the hovercycle while Claudia hacks into city hall to pull the plans for the target building. Claudia discovers that she can’t hack into security remotely, but there’s an access point in a junction box on the roof of the target building. They head to the roof of the staging building and see the dragon.

“He did say this wouldn’t be like any other mission, but that’s ridiculous.” Fisher grumbled. “Is it male or female?” Obi-Wan wonders aloud. “WTF does it matter?” replies Fisher. “Do those goggles of your magnify, or do they just glow green and look cool?” Fisher grunts slightly and flips down his goggles to zoom in on the dragon. “Looks like date night’s off, Friar Tuck.” Sam snickers “Your girlfriend’s got some serious hardware.” Obi-Wan smiles, “Excellent, I have a plan to get in.”

Obi-Wan fills them in on the plan when they get back to Hiller, who has managed to get comfy with the hovercycle. First, Claudia boosts the power of the hovercycle so it will move 4 people. They all hop on and head for the roof of the target building. Hiller makes a close pass of the roof, Sam and Claudia drop down behind an A/C unit, and Obi-Wan makes the mating call of a female green mountain dragon as he and Hiller pass by. The dragon is distracted, and chases the hovercycle off into the dark.

Sam covers Claudia as she accesses building security via the plug in in the junction box. She taps into the security camera network and sees nothing. “The whole building’s empty” she tells Sam. “Uhh, what?” Sam looks over her shoulder. “Hmm, that’s too easy.” Claudia bubbles, “looks like you can just go get Talat and we’re outa here.” Fisher’s eagle eye snaps to something, “did you see that?” “What?” Claudia asks. “Ninja. Just for a second, I think I saw a ninja. That means there’s more.”
“How do you know?” “Cause the ninjas union won’t let these guys work alone.” Claudia takes a second to process that statement, and when the sarcasm hits her she sneers at Fisher and pops her gum in his face. “We need a distraction, kid. Ninjas can get kinda ADD when they’re bored.” “Do they like anime? I’ve got some on my iPhone” came Claudia’s response. Fisher smiles, and pats her on the back. “I like you kid, do it.”

All through the house, not a creature was stirring. Then suddenly, video monitors all over the building turned on and displayed the anime version of The Seven Samurai. One by one, ninjas slowly revealed themselves and walked like zombies towards the video screens, captivated by the display of Kurosawa’s classic revamped. Quickly, Fisher made his way down the elevator shaft to the floor where Claudia had seen the pet carrier next to a desk. Stopping just short of the floor, Sam opens a ventilation duct and crawls toward the office.
As Deville sits at his desk planning his shopping spree with the ransom, he hears a strange metallic sound. He sits up, and as his vision fades to black and he tastes the warm saltiness of blood filling his mouth he comes to the realization that he heard a shell casing hit the floor. Sam then drops down from the duct and goes over to the pet carrier, to reassure Talat. “Hi there, boy. We’ll be leaving in a minute”.
“Claudia, package secured. Where’s our extraction?” Fisher asks over the radio. “Umm, I’m not sure, they should have been here by now.” Claudia replies. Sam steps to the window, and surveys the city below him. “You’ve gotta be shittin’ me.” Two blocks away, Hiller and Obi-Wan are sitting at a Circle K, trying to find the gas cap for the hovercycle.
“We’ve got a problem, it’s time for plan b. Kid, you’ve got to listen to me real good here. The shit’s about to hit the fan. Grab my backpack, there’s a parachute in it. Strap it on, and run off the side of the building. Get as far away as you can, then pull the red…wait, nevermind. Plan C looks a hell of a lot better.” Fisher walks over the the basket in the corner. He smiles, and slides his still smoking FiveseveN into it’s holster. Today is a good day to live.

Ninjas disappear into the shadows as the office door swings open. “Deville’s dead, but I’ve got your paychecks right here.” Fisher yells. A single bead of sweat runs down his head as the tense silence is broken by the sound of swords being slid into their scabbards. Like actors leaving the set after a hard day of moviemaking, the ninja masks come off and there are high fives all around. The now smiling ninjas looked more like a mob of Japanese tourists, sans cameras. The first one to reach Fisher was presented with the basket, and he began the task of handing out the checks.

“Hey kid, you did good. Pack up the gear and I’ll meet you in the lobby. I’ll buy you an ice cream down the street.”

FSL 2.0 Challenge 1: Puppynapped

Team Devastron

Alright, the team starts out with some recon. Wolverine opts for the direct method and simply hacks his way in through the front door of the target building. He quickly finds himself engaged with a hundred ninjas. Fortunately for Logan this qualifies as a typical day and he proceeds to hack through them until he gets a decent feel for the place and hacks his way out. At the same time Wedge, riding the cycle now supped up for full flight abilities and additional speed by Wheeljack takes a scan of the roof and spots the dragon. Both of them return to base to formulate the plan.

Assuming that the target is roughly in the middle of the building they come up with a multi-pronged attack to pull the defenders away and take them out. Wheeljack drives Wolverine to the building, transforming after he gets out of him. He fires off a specially modified shell from his shoulder mounted launcher. The shell detonates outside the building, delivering an EMP pulse that fries all electronics inside the building. Wheeljack himself made sure to stand well out of range of the pulse.

With the building defenses down Wolverine moves in on a repeat performance of his scouting run. He goes into full berserker mode and begins carving a bloody path up the building.

Meanwhile Wedge and Luke make for the roof on the cycle. Wedge fires off a few rounds from the cycle at the dragon while Luke stealthily leaps onto the roof, using force powers to mask his presence. The angered dragon takes to the skies after Wedge, who leads it through the city, darting between buildings while dodging blasts of fire in an exciting chase scene. He finally leads the dragon to an empty lot where Wheeljack is waiting. The Transformer fires another shell at the dragon. It explodes before hitting him, launching a massive steel net that entangles him and brings him crashing to the ground. With the dragon preoccupied they both race back to the building.

In the meantime both Logan and Luke have been making quick progress. Wolverine is continuing to climb up the building on top of an ever growing pile of ninja corpses. Luke, using a combination of Jedi mind tricks, force pushes and, when needed, lightsaber combat, is quickly moving down the building.

Wedge flies up to the middle floor of the building and uses the cycle’s firepower to blow a hole in the side of it. He flies into the building at breakneck speed, racing past and over shocked ninjas until he smashes through the door of the room where Talat is being held by Deville. A lightsaber juts out from the ceiling, carving a hole in it from the floor above, allowing Luke to drop down into the room. Wolverine comes walking in behind Wedge, finishing off a beer he had snagged from a ninja mini-fridge. Using a combination of threats, mind tricks and expert whining from Luke, Deville relents and releases the captive canine. Wedge takes Talat on the cycle and flies him out of the building. Luke and Wolverine quickly join him, leaping out of the building, Luke cushioning their fall with the force. They pile into the waiting Wheeljack and drive back to base, Wedge flying the cycle above as air support.

Learn how this wacky crew got together and got to Earth!

(with apologies to Jane Espenson)

Aboard the LH-834, Baltar’s relief upon reaching Earth was palpable, though he wouldn’t explain to the rest of the crew why exactly he had been so apprehensive. Helva, having received a communique directed to Garak, says to him “you’ve got mail, Elim. Kindly read it at the station to your left.”

Garak gave her a veiled look. “Don’t call me that, Helva.” He skimmed the information, which Helva, having no scruples with a man who had none, had already read before transmitting to him. “well, we have a project, my friends.”

Leeloo’s back straightened immediately as she turned away from a new training tape. Baltar’s eyes bulged. Helva laughed to herself as Garak began a dry recital of the situation.

“A contact of mine has informed me that there is an animal of some importance that needs rescuing. We shall land near where this Talat is being held hostage, and make plans from there. I need not mention that a substantial reward is involved if we succeed… and I sincerely hope we do.”

A few hours later they were on the ground, and Garak had disappeared to do his own reconnaissance. Baltar took some scribblings out of his pocket, and began adding to them while Leeloo continued training. Helva surreptitiously tried to follow Garak via his electronics, but she lost him soon after he left the ship, adding to her apprehension. To try to clear her mind, she decided to sing a bit.

Garak looked like a cat with feathers in his mouth upon his return to the group. “I have acquired a complete layout and technical schematics for the building in which Talat is being held. The defenses are quite strong, though I am confident that Dr. Baltar will be able to find a technical weakness that will allow us to reach the scoundrel holding Talat. Ninjas, quite standard. I do, however, have a former colleague quite high up in the ninja hierarchy, who may or may not be able to help us deal with his minions.” The group began to plan and scheme.

Everything was moving into place. The team would land on the roof and proceed down to the floor where Garak’s informant said that Talat was being held. Baltar had managed to hack into the building’s somewhat über security system, and had set in place a virus that would restrict all access to upper floors, effectively cutting off the ninjas on the lower floors. Leeloo had been reviewing as many different information sources as she could, some provided by Garak’s contact, assimilating the ninja fighting style in order to be able to deal with any ninjas on the floors between their entrance and Talat. Helva and Baltar had also adapted the controls of a hoverbike that law enforcement had graciously lent them to the end that Helva was in complete (remote) control of it. Everything was a go.

LH-834 approached the Nakatomi building with a purpose, only to be surprised – a dragon was defending the roof of the building! Garak looked unsurprised. Helva was ready to turn back, but Baltar pleaded with her. “I can make a difference! Let me speak to it!” Helva extended a platform on which Baltar could stand and speak to the dragon, who, chained to the roof, did not look at all amicable to being talked at.

Baltar didn’t seem to care, and instead launched into his tirade. “Hey, you , there! Dragon-guy! I can see a real hierarchy around here. And I have to tell you, you’re on the lower end of the scale, my friend. Yes, you are.” The dragon turned his head, and Baltar smirked slightly, continuing, “which is odd when you think about God… They told you about God, didn’t they?”

The dragon snuffed slightly and moved his nose from side to side as if to say no. Baltar pressed his advantage. “Well, he’s your God as well. And God doesn’t want any of his creations to be… Slaves. Not that you’re a slave… Exactly…”

The dragon, indignant, roared, fire escaping from his nostrils. Luckily, the ship wasn’t in the direct path of flame, though the acrid smoke smell floated to the interiors. Garak began to cough uncontrollably. Baltar jumped from the ship onto the roof, and went to stand next to the dragon’s face. “There was this dog, see…”

With the dragon’s back turned, Leeloo, on the remote-controlled hoverbike, slipped to the unlocked door and disappeared into the building, Baltar’s smooth-talking going on and on…

Once inside, Leeloo was faced with a floor full of ninjas. Time to put all of that training to work! Having gotten down off the bike, which Helva discreetly moved out of harms way, the battle began.

Having fought her way down through three floors worth of ninjas, and praying that Baltar’s speech was still distracting the dragon, Leeloo moved through a doorway that appeared to be devoid of fighters. She was suspicious, and Garak communicated to her, through their earpieces, that according to his information, this was where Talat was being held hostage.

“Your information? Very trustworthy…” she muttered, as Garak broke into another fit of coughing. A small child sat near a large pen, within which Leeloo could identify a dog that matched the description of Talat. “Watch out, kid, it’s not safe here” she said as she moved past him to open the pen and remove the dog, who had trotted over to the gate and was smelling her hand. However, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and as she turned around, Talat next to her (clearly recognizing a friendly face), and saw not a child but a demon! “Wha…?”

“I… am… Deville!” the ice demon moaned as it moved slowly towards Leeloo and Talat, who began to whimper. A roar came from behind the demon as the hoverbike breezed into the room. Leeloo watched it for a split second, then made her move, sweeping up Talat while making a break for the bike. As she passed the doorway, Talat in hand and the bike under Helva’s control, the door slammed shut (thanks, Baltar), buying them some time to move up through the ninja-less floors. However, Deville broke through the door and gained speed as he tried to overtake them.

Upon reaching the roof, Leeloo heard a snippet of Baltar’s ongoing speech to the dragon. “Who ever said they deserved to be the ruling classes! We have to rise up, and overthrow the society that oppresses us!”

As if on cue, Deville burst onto the roof. With Leeloo and Talat swinging to pick Baltar up halfway to the LH-834, the dragon turned and glared at Deville, who with disdain barked “stop them!”

Despite his flaws, however, Baltar had planted a seed of hope in the mind of the enslaved dragon, who turned on his master and sneezed. Fire. Nice and hot.

The last our fearless team saw of Deville was a cascade of melted ice falling off of the side of the building as they merrily went along their way to return Talat to his home. Nevermind that Garak had forgotten to mention the dragon…