Fringe

Please, rant on. It was getting too repetitive for me, and too slow. I watched bits of it in the ads while House was on and felt like I got the whole story.

I like it, although the other comments made sense, and some friends stopped watching it because they felt Olivia was too bland. Still, I’ve missed good conspiracy TV (yeah, I’m one of those - lol) and it occasionally features an appearance by the oh-so-handsome Mark Valley, who I rather adore.

Plus I could listen to Lance Reddick talk all day. That voice!

Anyway, I’m sticking with it to see what they come up with. At the very least, the things Walter says are worth watching for.

I watched Bionic Woman but felt like it didn’t have a path in mind. I needed more from the angles of her home life versus her new secret life. It just never quite gelled for me.

Fringe is pretty good; Olivia needs to emote more, and the fangirl in me would like a little more John Scott because he’s so easy on the eyes. I think it’s a show that’s finding its way, slowly, because it doesn’t want to overwhelm with too much mythology. But I love dense mytharc shows, so take me with that grain of salt.

Blair Brown (Nina Sharp) really sparks when she’s on screen; she should get more air time. And I was never really a Dawson’s Creek fan but Joshua Jackson is rather cute, and he gives Olivia these looks that she seems oblivious to.

Has anyone started to watch the Fringe this year? I’ve down loaded it, I home sick today so i began to watch it. I’m only on Ep 3 but it’s good. a cross between the X-files and ureka. I wanted to see if anyone else is watching it or liked it also.

I watched it. It is hard to describe how I feel about the show. When I watch it I appreciate the technical achievement of their approach and some of the fantastic cg work. I could watch Anna Torv all day long.

In the end I feel sort of meh about it. Although I like watching it I don’t look forward to it and watch it when I have nothing else on my DVR.

It is a good show, I am simply not passionate about itt. Make sense?

Yeah, me and the wife are watching it right now since I’m sick and it’s the only show I haven’t previewed, but since I have all thats out, I’m watching striaght thru. if I had to wait week to week or watch with breaks "commercials " I would be gone already. thanks to solai for finding the thread for me. glad to know I wasn’t the other preson watching.

I’ve been watching it also. I love Walter Bishop. He makes the show for me. When I saw the episode with the weird bald guy, I thot they were gonna start revealing more but alas they went back to the old formula next week.

Solai summed it up best.

I agree that something is missing. Not sure what, exactly, but I am enjoying it enough that I usually turn it on. Plus, it is conveniently timed right after House, so why not?

Ditto. The bickering Bishops is the best part besides pretty Anna Torv. Although I wish they would let Pacey Bishop shave.

Coming to an Adult video store near you.

[Beavis]Hee. Hee. He said coming. Hee. Hee.[/Beavis]

I think I am going to have to rename this smiley “The 'talos”

Solai 'talos

Wait. It’s not?

I thought it was the Soali’talos.

Oh my glorious animated GIFs! I just saw Solai’s new siggy. Oddjob throwing the shoe at G.W.

Is anyone working on animated T-shirts yet? Solar-powered holograms or something?

I gave up on Fringe. Was I wrong? Should I try and watch what missed?

There’s a new promo out called “The Night Before Fringemas” which gives a (very) quick rundown of the season so far narrated by John Noble (Walter).

//youtu.be/GmPPY7oaGjU

I don’t know. Like I mentioned earlier, I think, I DVR it and watch it during the week. I really like the character Walter Bishop and wish they would expand more on his back story. That being said, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I mean if you’re watching it, we could chat. Other than that, you ain’t missing much.

I am a tough nut to crack when it comes to new shows as I hate to get into something just to see it cancelled, but I was into Fringe from day one. Yes, I would reconsider it, even with the inevitable X-Files comparisons, as it is different. It has the obligatory conspiracy, but it’s not super natural as much as corporate.

It’s Eleventh Hour that I’m finding tough to get into. I watched the original BBC version and the CBS version just doesn’t have the same gravitas.

I agree. Fringe started off slowly for me, and I am pretty into it now. I find that the storyline is pretty narrowly focused and coherent so far, so I don’t really see the comparison to X-Files to be all that compelling. Let’s hope they keep it that way.

And as far as Eleventh Hour goes, I really have hard time watching it. Given that I watched (or tried to) every episode so far, it’s surprising that I still can’t find anything to like about it. I don’t find the characters all that likable, the premises trite and the acting half-hearted at best. It’s disappointing because Rufus Sewell is one of my favorite actors, but I can see that his heart is really not in this show. Can’t blame a man for wanting to pick up paychecks by grinding through crappy jobs… we’ve all been there. Still disappointing, though. I’m probably done watching this how.

A new EP is out for download. one of the better new shows this year.

This week’s episode Bound was really good. I love kickass Olivia way more than serious investigative Olivia. Seeing her with her sister and niece gives us a glimpse at the softer side of Olivia, too. At least Loeb’s contained now, but where is Mr. Jones?

Walter’s menu item of the week: Philly cheesesteak. Can you blame him?

Where the Observer was observed: I didn’t see him this ep. Did you?

Gross out moment: The spiky blob/cold cell climbing out of various people’s mouths. GROSS!

BTW, who’s still watching?