"Fitness Club" Thread

I’ve worked 49.5 hours so far this week, and will probably work a 13-14 hour day tomorrow

that said I’ve been getting up at 4am everyday and getting the work outs done before going!

ironically working so much has really cut down on my eating because I just haven’t had time to get bored and start munching lol

my arms are definitely more toned than when I began, my legs are getting serious toning, my abs while not getting any definition yet when I feel my stomach there’s obviously much more muscle there than before

After two weekends at the beach reminding me that I’d like to be able to walk in shorts without chafing the insides of my legs raw, I started working out again. Also downloaded the “Lose it” app for my iPhone, yay! Elliptical machine and weights three times a week is my plan for starters, with swimming whenever I get a chance. Also thanks to this forum, I’m starting to do some serious research into getting a Wii Fit :smiley:

If anything, it’s a good motivator. I pass by it several times a day, so if I’ve been slacking, it reminds me that I’ve been slacking.

so I was doing Plyo tonight, had a loud pop inside my right knee and a bad inner knee pain

so I stopped right away, its feeling okay now, not exactly sure why, the knee is pretty bruised from working 13 hours a day last week and today I worked 11 (which is all standing except for lunch urgh)

I’m thinking it was just my legs being wiped from standing all day

the past few weeks I’ve been getting up at 4:15am ish to do my workouts before work but today I was just so wiped and couldn’t get up until 5:30 or so which didn’t leave enough time to do the work out before leaving

getting up early for tomorrow which is a back and bicep day so hopefully it won’t hurt the knee at all

also got a brace/pad to wear on the knee for work =/

ugh I REALLY needed that Plyo today too, I ate too much crap and broke the diet both days on the weekend and was really looking forward to the good cardio work out :frowning:

Here’s a neat, fast, flexible workout: It’s called Guerilla Cardio. You can web search about it, but here’s some links.

Long story short, it’s 12 minutes. If you do it right, it feels like a gorilla worked you over.

You can do different kinds of activity for it: wind sprints, kicks, jumping jacks, you name it.

Three parts, essentially. 1) Four minutes at half speed. 2) Four minutes of going at full blast for 20 seconds, resting for ten seconds, repeat. 3) Four minutes at half speed. Then done.

If you do the half speed part right, you can use the time stretching.

Here’s a more detailed breakdown:

Here’s full details, an article that’s like 10 pages:

http://www.morandosozinho.net/bar/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/guerillacardio1.pdf

The trick to doing it is this: It’s impossible to time :20 on, :10 off. So in my experience, the best way to regulate it is to assemble some kind of audio track that has snippets of music that run for the allotted time. So you have four minutes of midtempo, 20 seconds of superfast, ten seconds of slow, etc.

Which is pain, but if you know someone who’s done it, they’ll probably be happy to share.

I use to do a couple work outs like that, I’d play the beginning of Thunderstruck, and sprint until they actually really started the singing, hit back on it, and walk and repeat this process for like 10-12 times

I found us all a new workout to do! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d6vWMseVo

Some bad news on the fitness project front. :frowning:

I’ve majorly stopped exercising - mostly because my wrist was sore for a few weeks so I couldn’t do my yoga, and without doing yoga it was hard to segue into anything else.

Goal for the end of September: get back to an exercise routine.

same here except my excuse is doing physical labor for 9 hours a day 6 days a week, the only time I can exercise is if I get up at 4am to do it and I’ve been so wiped I haven’t been :frowning:

So I stopped working out after some incident or other earlier this summer and stopped using Lose It when it didn’t update with my iPhone. This week, I said “no more!” and invested in a Wii Fit.

Hopefully being in front of my TV and not having to leave my apartment will work out. thumbs up

I finally decided to make a change.

I dusted off the Wii Fit and started my Mii up. 151 days inactive. UGH! Over that time it told me I gained 9.7 lbs. Bugger! 228 lbs. Woof! 29.97 BMI which translate to OVERWEIGHT, teetering close to OBESE.

But the thing that initiated the change, I ran up the stairs and the room started spinning. A few days later I was on the train, had chest pain and started sweating so bad I was soaking wet. Not good.

The doctor is always on my case about high cholesterol. So a year ago, I was trying to get under 200 lbs. I got pretty close but then fell off the wagon. I started gaining weight so I purchased the Wii Fit. Yeah that went well.

Anyway, I’m on Day 2. I’ve lost 1.7 lbs. I’m pacing myself. I use the Aerobics for 40 minutes and follow it up with free weights reps. I’m hoping posting about it keeps me honest.

:smiley:

go go go go go!!

I’ve been easing back into exercise doing some tai chi, which is a lot easier on my wrists than yoga is (though I love the stretching that comes with yoga… a few steps at a time, I guess). I’m trying to walk more places rather than taking the bus, when possible. Also, spouse and I have a goal - we’re going to be in South America for the holidays, and we’d like to be in shape for the beach. That gives us a few months. :cool:

I want to get back to the Wii Fit (I love the rhythm boxing! hehe) but I’m stupidly afraid to fire it up. The last time I used it (back in August), I was at the perfect BMI (the hurdle of the last few decimals of the scale being insane stress, not healthy) and I don’t want it to tell me that I’m no longer at the ideal, even though I know I’ve gained a bit, and that overall fitness is more important for me than weight. Sigh. This is why the only “scale” in the house is the Wii Fit, to spouse’s dismay.

Dammit Jim, Talos has a head start on you! No more Arcturian megacookies.

yay, talos!! :slight_smile:

Day 2: Down another 1.8 lbs.

Warm up with 10 minutes of Yoga
Followed up with 10 minutes of Step Exercises
Free run for 10 minutes
Free weights for 10 minutes
Finished with 125 jumping-jacks

I wuz a sweatin’ fool.

[i][b]I’ll see you in the steam room.

[/b][/i]

I. Can’t. Breathe. Spleen. Hurts. ouch

I’m a frakkin cylon!! Look at those eyes.

I’m printing that out so Shatner can sign it when I meet him.

Down another 1.8 lbs. Go me!!

Good going, Talos!

A litte update, I’m @ 218 lbs. I’ve lost those 10 lbs. Yipee for me. Now the real work begins. My goal is to get under 200 lbs. This is gonna be tough with the holidays around the bend.