"Fitness Club" Thread

AUGH.

So not only hasn’t my shoulder completely healed yet, putting my swimming plans on hold, but I think I just did something to my knee. And I’ve been walking as my other form of exercise.

And my headache meds still make me hungry all the time.

I hate everything right now.

ouch sorry Sith :frowning:

I managed to gain 1lb this week due to the only thing that was soothing my soar throat was freaking ice cream :frowning:

alright guys you’re not getting off that easy!

how has everyone been doing?

I finished day 8 of the P90X program and I can already tell that

1. its hard
  2. if I can stick to the diet (I broke it on sunday…sigh…) it’ll work

check in time people!

I’ve been better at doing a little exercise every day. I can touch my toes again (my flexibility went down precipitously once I didn’t have yoga class anymore) and I’ve been able to do a nice variety of strength exercises and aerobics. :slight_smile:

Do we have 2 threads going? Me confusled…

Well. I’m trying to get into better shape for san diego and in general.

Doing http://hundredpushups.com/index.html right now actually. Doing day 1. Tomorrow I’m gonna walk. Wednesday is day 2 with that, walkin on thursday and so and and so forth for 6 weeks should improve my self a bit.

Cutting out the soda and sugary drinks as well after today. Meant to stop today but kinda forgot I was going to =/

That’s good. When I was still a young team leader, I had a soldier that needed to lose some weight and I had him do the same. I am not kidding you, he lost 10 pounds in a month just by simply cutting soda out of his daily ritual.

Since I have gotten out of the military I have been trying to lose a few pounds I have gained, but it’s tricky since I usually relied on running. In ’03 I had a rather large piece of metal driven through my leg above the knee, and it has been a bit tricky since then; I now have trouble running (thanks VA for not coming through in my disability claim:mad:(What’s that? You are in constant pain? Are you sure? Go frak yourself:mad::mad:)). Walking four miles every morning with a forty-five pound weight in my backpack seems to work though, since it doesn’t seem to put quite as much stress on my leg.

I would just say to one thing to everyone though: if you are trying to lose weight because you are trying to be healthy, that’s great. However, if you are worried about your appearance, I would just say be happy with the way you are! I say this because some of the most miserable people I know are “gym nuts “ whom no matter how in shape they are seem depressed about their bodies. People that are so shallow as to base their opinions on another over such things are not worth anyone’s time in my experience . . . but that might just be me.

Totally. Same with beer. However, that doesn’t mean that spouse is going to cut either of them out, lol.

That sucks! (about the no VA help and the constant pain). You’ve probably already considered this (and maybe it’s not an option), but exercising in the water is supposed to help you exercise without putting too much stress on your legs and joints.

I may have done too much yoga yesterday, my muscles are rebelling today. Alas. I might do some Wii Fit balance exercises just to keep on my toes, so to speak, but I think I’m going to take it easy the next few days, I don’t want to hurt myself.
(esp. in summer when they charge us extra to use health services even though our insurance covers it because we aren’t technically enrolled in classes even though half of my time is spent doing schoolwork… I can’t use the uni pool, either, without paying $$$$$ that they don’t pay us enough to afford. grr.)

ya I did the Plyometrics work out from the P90X routine today

…good Lord I hate it…but I do it anyway…why…because I honestly feel great when it’s done…even if the whole time I’m doing it I want to die lol

My college does have a pool, and I try to swim there when I have the chance, but they keep strange hours , so I usually walk instead for exercise. Yeah, the VA pisses me off. I also have ringing in my ears from exposure to explosions, and while that is hard to prove, my claim for that had no problem, but my knee? No such luck. I can deal with the throbbing, but it’s the principle of it that pisses me off: I just want the government to acknowledge that I fraked my body up in its service.

VA DOC: “Well Mr. Lucky, you say your knee is causing you pain, but we can’t find any reason for why that might be.” :confused:

Me: Glances at scarred leg. Glances back at doctor. “Well, golly, I just must be making it up, huh?”:mad::rolleyes:

I have just started P90x… Yes it’s hard but 5 days in I already feel a little better.

I actually liked the Plyometrics work out. YES it is HARD but, it is awesome.

oh don’t get me wrong, I love how it makes me feel, I just hate actually doing it lol, it doesn’t help that I literally stand all day at work though either so my legs are always a little tired just from that at the end of the day

I’ve already made great progress on the two arm workouts I’ve now done twice, chest and back, and shoulders and arms, I’ve been able to crank out 3-4 more reps for almost everything, and on a bunch with a few more lbs too!

Currently at N + 25 lb

The only exercise I’ve really been doing is walking around campus, but the trek up the hill is a pretty good workout.

I’m definitely getting stronger, and my balance is getting better. Which is good.

The Wii fit is still fun, though I hate how it tracks my weight so much. Oh! You gained +1.1 pounds since we last met! And then if I do another body test after my workout, I’ve lost more than that. It’s kind of annoying, especially since I try really hard not to focus on weight.

And some academic friends and I are going to run a women’s four-miler over labor day, so now I have another goal to look forward to. :slight_smile:

I’ve actually put on 4lbs since starting P90X, however everything has tightened up and my arms have really put some muscle on in the short time so I’m atributing the weight to that, I’m not even going to bother weighing myself anymore

especially my stomach area, I had some ‘side flabs’ before, they’re still kind of there but they’ve really sucked in and at this rate might be gone within 2 weeks or sooner which is nuts, arms are already looking a bit more toned as well

how’s everyones routines coming along? just finished Kenpo X for my third time, I’m coming into a transition week next week, looks like its going to be tough as nails (lots of cardio/yoga) then I’m onto phase 2!

it’s coming along. My balance has improved exponentially, and I’m starting to figure out the best way to train for the four-miler in September.

we can do it!

ya I’ve never been all that balanced or flexible either, but I’ve done 3 sessions of ‘Yoga X’ and I’m already a lot more flexible, I was honestly never able to touch my toes bending over with my legs perfectly straight, now I can actually do that plus a little more :eek:

my P90x is going well. I actually have a chin up bar now, ( i was just using a steel I beam that runs through our basement) it makes it easier on my hands.

I am down 10 lbs so far, but already have more tone in my arms and legs. My abs are still a little to padded to see any definition…

The YOGA is really helping my balance and limberness (is that a word?)

keep up the good work, everyone :slight_smile: