Fantasy Sci-fi Voting Round 4 - Save Solai

Teehee, I’m on a streak right now. Two mentions in two weeks AND i won fantasy scifi. Who bad? I bad.

Team Omra
The cliff’s notes version

Solai’s Mother contacts the team via ‘twitter’ and asks them to save her son; the now infamous ‘Solai Effect’ sends the team to the appropriate universe. Gomtuu alters her warp signature to mimic a Klingon freighter so they can slip into Klingon space, they contact Rura Penthe pretending to be a damaged freighter and ask if they can remain in orbit to effect repairs. They are given permission and slide into orbit on the opposite side of a real freighter off loading supplies. Gomtuu is able to penetrate a small area of the security shield and remove two Klingon guards and some supplies and equipment. Karas and Briareos try to dress up in the Klingon outfits but can’t because of their size, Austin James uses the confiscated equipment and some of Gomtuu’s technology to create a type of ‘changeling net’ for them to use instead. They attach the Klingon transceivers to themselves (which allow freedom of movement throughout the compound) and are beamed down, they follow instructions from Austin in the ship (his scans show the layout of the compound) and begin planting charges on the security shields emitters.

When the freighter signals it is sending down its last load their timetable is forced to move up, they need the freighter to hold all of their refugees. Instead of taking out all of the emitters like they would prefer, they go for key emitters instead, but it will mean moving Gomtuu closer and putting her in danger and exposing themselves as a non Klingon vessel. When one of the explosives is spotted during a security sweep the team is forced into action early, they blow the emitters, including the one explosive the Klingon happens to be holding at the time. Gomtuu races up to the freighter and beams the crew off of their ship and onto the planets surface, the base begins shooting at Gomtuu and Austin asks them to disable the weapons, because with the shields up they cannot beam the prisoners to safety and if they fire back they may cause a cave in. Karas creates a diversion drawing the majority of the security forces toward him, and then Briareos storms the security compound and disables the prisons defenses. Gomtuu beams the prisoners onto the Klingon freighter and then Briareos and Karas onto herself, she tractors the freighter and extends her warp field around the freighter and they warp out of Klingon space. The ‘Solai Effect’ catches them once they leave the Empire and brings them to Earth.

They beam down a batch of the refugees down to the Mother’s front lawn and Briareos begins the long and frustrating task of asking, “Is this your son?” To which she would say, “No.” And then a member of MIB would haul off the alien in question to be processed. After 50 attempts he starts to get rather irritable, Austin calls down and suggests, “Since the Mother is human perhaps we could speed things up by focusing on the humans.” Briareos=facepalm+DOH! After two ‘no’s she is presented with a flustered Kirk, she smiles, “Ooooh, he is kinda cute.” Briareos, “Ahem.” “Oh, sorry, no that is not him.” The next one is, and she is happily reunited with her son. YAY!

Epilogue

Kirk is lifted out of the Memory Engram Reprogramming chair dazed and confused, and he is handed off to a civilian in a nice suit. “Billy old friend,” the man gives Kirk a big hug. Kirk looks at him bewildered, “Do I know you?” The man feints emotional pain and laughs, “Oh you wound me, I am your agent ha ha ha,” he slaps him on the back, “where have you been?” Kirk looks confused, “In space, where else?” The agent laughs, “Oh, of course,” he puts an arm around him and starts steering him toward a limo, “You kill me.” Kirks head is on a swivel looking around as he is steered toward the stretch limo, he is about to ask a question when the agent interrupts, “Look Billy, Priceline.com is eager to negotiate a new set of commercials starring you, what do you say Buddy?” Kirk looks from the hand squeezing his shoulder to the smiling agent, “Ummm, ‘make it so’?” The agent laughs, “Glad to hear it Bill, but you better be careful with your phraseology or that ‘other captain’ might get jealous.” Kirk looks at him intently, “What other captain?” The agent laughs and squeezes his shoulder again, “That’s the spirit!” They stop and wait as the driver steps out and opens the door of the limo for them, “By the way Warner Bros wants to know if you have finished working on those songs of yours, your last album is doing well on itunes and they want to make another album while the interest is still high.”

Kirk looks at him quizzically, “Album? Songs? You mean I … sing?” The agent shrugs and smiles, “Suuuuure, I guess you could call it that…” Kirks eyes narrow in a scolding glare, the agent erupts in laughter, “I’m kidding! I’m kidding!” He slaps him on the shoulder and tried to get him to enter the limo, “How are the old pipes anyways?” Kirk straightens back up and asks him, “Pipes? Am I a plumber too?” The agent grabs his shoulders, “Billy, Billy… You are The Shat! I don’t think there is anything you can’t do!” Kirk smiles, “The Shat.” His eyes gleam and his smile grows, “The Shat, I like the sound of that.” The agent beams, “See? You’re even a poet for God’s sake!” As Kirk enters the limo, in the distance McCoy could be heard shouting, “Jim, Jim, what have you done with the captain? Damn it I am a Doctor with the United Federation of Planets! Let me go!” He is so angry he is not even listening as the agents try and calm him down, “Easy, easy there doc. Your friend is replacing a celebrity that was so damned popular another race came and abducted him” The other smiled, “Yeah, he is probably doing lounge acts with Elvis right now…” When that fails they use their memory zapper.

FLASH! McCoy goes limp in their arms; one of the large Men in Black asks the other two veteran special agents, “What do with this one?” The one with haggard features rubs his chin, “Hmmmm, he said he is a doctor right?” The younger black agent replies, “Yeah, a few times in fact, why?” The older agent walks closer to inspect McCoy, “Well Dr. Oz went and got himself eaten by a rogue Zacarian Eel a couple of days ago…” The young black agent smiles and turns McCoy’s head side to side to study his features, “Yeah, I see where you are going,” after some studying he continued, “I think it could work, a little plastic surgery and a few minutes in ‘the chair’. Good idea.”

“Make it so!” booms from behind them in a cultured baratone voice. The two turn to look at the bald man in a wheelchair. He smiled, “Sorry, I couldn’t resist.” As McCoy was carried off they walked over to the chair bound man, “What can we do for you professor?” He gazed over at the refugees being beamed down, “I don’t suppose any of these new arrivals have any superpowers, I have a few openings at my school.” They followed his gaze, “Well not so far, but if we do find any we will let you know right away.” “Well, I hope to hear from you soon, thank you gentlemen.” They nodded in return and he waved as the redhead young lady wheeled the professor away toward an awaiting black jet.

“Thank you. Administrating a forum and blog while producing a podcast should be no challenge to me. I predict an increase in efficiency of at least 37,000%.”

We’re doomed.

I enjoy this very much. I hope they continue the competition.

In case people don’t pay attention to the GWC front page, there’s a ST:VI frak tonight in 2 hours. Hope to see people there.

I just want to point out…that Chuck is in the lead. Do with that information what you will.

Nice!

But be sure to pay attention to Sean’s subtle (and awesome, IMHO) application of the very strategy he assigns to me: He’s sitting in the overall lead, and he knows it. Knowing him as well as I do, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he actually threw this round in order to split the score between me and Audra, giving him a much better shot of the big win.

I’m so proud of him. :slight_smile:

Wow, you’re scary…

It shows, your avatar is practically beaming with happiness and Fatherly like pride. You look like Gerty from Moon, only with a goatee.

At least there is no infighting or sabotaging going on, or else this could turn into a comedic soap opera like ‘Married with Cylons’

What manipulation! I am proud of you sir. Hell, Sun Tzu would be proud.

wipes away a tear OMFG. Leave it to Talos! That was brilliant!

touché, my friend… touché

Thanos is a riot. How you can be that loathing and hilarious is truly clever.

Poor Solai.

yeah… we need this song record…

Wow! Wowee, Wow, Wow. That is so fraking awesome, Talos. I’m in tears man.:slight_smile:

Yes, yes he is. I told ya’ll, he’s a master.

This really makes me LOL! I have a best friend that I’ve been fortunate enough to have known since I was in 2nd grade–he was my next door neighbor growing up. And together we grew up as huge fans of board gaming. And we’ve continued that uptill even now when we’re both in our 40s.
And he sounds EXACTLY like you Chuck in the way he plays any multiplayer games—RISK, RISK 2300 AD, Civilization, Dune, Axis and Allies, Kingmaker, Twilight Imperium—you name the game.

My friend (Pete) has a mind perfectly suited to anything strategic or tactical.
But he’ll constantly say things like “You’re winning Thot. Everyone should attack Thot because he’s the front running. He’ll probably attack you. I’m weak I’m gonna lose.”
And he’d keep this up and after years of playing with him, we’re on to him, but he STILL manages to make it work. I forget what game it was, but one time, we all tried, from the outset to purposely all gang up on him and he STILL won!!!

I had great amusement for Chuck’s identification of Doc Brown looking like a Klingon because Christopher Lloyd played “one of those guys at the end of Star Trek V”.

Great amusement, because Christopher Lloyd was the antagonist in Star Trek III:The Search For Another Successful Trek film. He played Captain Kruge, the dude who’s responsible for killing Kirk’s son! Yeeeaarggh! It’s like identifying Tim Russ as “that guy who had a bit role on the bridge of the Enterprise-B in Star Trek Generations”. :smiley:

And for Audra:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I thought the same thing about the rings, but let it go since Chuck’s gaffs outweighed hers in my opinion. d:

Regarding my huge “gaffes,” unlike listeners we don’t have Google at the ready during the podcast. So we make mistakes. As I pointed out in the main podcast thread, I always think of Trek V when I think of surprising Klingons due to the awesome “Klingon” gunner at the end. So after hours of tech work and watching classic sci-fi for the 'cast, that’s where my mind went.

And per the whole Chuck Versus Sean thing – heh, that sounds like a sweet Chuck episode title – I’ll let you see how it works at the end. If there’s one thing Sean’s a master of (actually there are a couple) it’s Photoshop. And sandbagging. He learned it from his mother. (The sandbagging part.)

No, I’m not kidding. :slight_smile: