Fantasy Sci-fi Voting Round 4 - Save Solai

But…Rura Penthe is not on Qo’noS…or is this the J.J. Abrams version of the Star Trek universe… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the delay, I got swamped with business, that happens when you just started a company!!!

Anyway my team is:

Gadzoo blinks into existance, in front of duncan, gadget, and the professor having a drink.
Gadzoo: Dumdums- Solai is now on Rura Penthe. You dum dums have to go save him. snaps his fingers and they are all blinked into existence near the forcefield surrounding the prison.
Professor: Those sulfurous quartz crystals will break the forcefield if placed every 2 feet for 10 yards.
The team does this and a small door opens in the forcefield
Duncan feels the Quickening, there is an immortal near
They cross in, and leave the door open.
Gadget: Go go gadget copter.
Gadget flies around -crashes a few times and spots Solai from the air
He flies back, crashing into a few things, and crash lands in front of the group
Gadget: I spotted him in a work detail
Duncan goes ahead alone, with his sword drawn, and feels the Quickening again. The task master in charge of the slave group, looks back and they lock eyes.
FLASHBACK
1856 - China - A fully armored warrior kills someone Duncan cares about, and he recognizes the eyes as this guards.
WEREBACK******
*The guard orders everyone into a small cave, and seals it off.
EPIC BATTLE and Ducan Cuts off his head, light show, lightning, falls to knees and yells
*Gadget comes and opens the door with his gadget fingerlock-pick
they all take Solai out throught the hole the Professor monitored.

They all yell: Gadzoo, Gadzoo where are youoooooo

*Gadzoo blinks into existence

Gadzoo: Well Dum Dums, your not a dum-dum as I thought Dum Dum

He blinks them back to earth.

Solai was awaiting Transfer…and the original text has been edited to make it true!!

Thank the gods…I thought you had rescued an imposter and left poor Solai on Rura Penthe with the Wookie/Shapshifter and KneeNads. :smiley:

Team Cheatin’ (The Search for Solai)

Note: Since “god (Star Trek V)” is a mouthful, he will simply be referred to as Steve for this challenge.

In a Locker Room Far, Far Away
Me: Ok, it was a simple plan guys, Unicron transports you in, Superman and Steve distract, and Dr. Manhattan teleports you all out. Did any of that happen? No, of course not! Unicron, you didn’t even show up!
Unicron: The Matrix of Leadership was up on e-bay and Starscream kept out bidding me!
Me: What do you have to say for yourself?
Unicron: Shrugs
Me: … I have no idea how you just did that. Ok, so Unicron never got Steve out of the galactic core.
Steve: I didn’t want to go anyway, even-numbered trek villains have an attitude around us odd-numbered trek villains, like they’re better or something!
Me: Well at least Superman and Dr. Manhattan made it to the prison planet. But immediately Superman got a flesh wound from a Klingon, how the heck did that happen!
Unicron: Probably a Bat’leth made out of kryptonite.
Me: How the frak did the Klingons get kryptonite?
Unicron: Any decent villain has some kryptonite, it’s like a membership card.
Steve: I’ve got some!
Me: Ok, point taken. Dr. Manhattan, you then teleported back without Solai!
Dr. Manhattan: I realized Commissioner Solai did not officially state the objective, rendering this challenge invalid.
Me: I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded the help! I hope Solai can come up with new challenges from the prison planet. Sorry Solai! :frowning:

One million shards of kryptonite on the wall, one million shards of kryptonite, you take one down, pass it around, one million and one shards of kryptonite on the wall.

Gold just for the title!

But, “god (Star Trek V)” looks more like a Bob to me.

myspamhere, kudos for the highlander flashback.

Bob it is next time. I figure I can change his AKA for every challenge. I was close to using Meredith just to make things more confusing.

Voted Team Audra for Solai, and also due to the fact that Chuck was wrong about which ST movie Dr. Brown was in…

I’d be up for a game of Risk, but only if it’s Risk 2210, mainly because it is only 5 rounds. It makes for a “quicker” (if you consider minimum 3 hours quicker) game than normal Risk.

For originality I went with Audra…I mean no one else thought of violating Solai & stuffing him in a backpack!

For Thotfulness, I went with Team Chuck I thought of the 3 even though it was the most simple, it was the most thought out.

For Entertainment & Team Work I had to go with my man Sean!

AHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHH! Aset, I swear we were separated at birth or something - I LOVE Risk 2210! My fav of all the strat. games. It’s the bombness.

i like chuck’s way to board games. i think board games are like poker. half the game is in the interactions and mind games. that’s it’s appeal over computer games anyway.

anyway, chuck really has a well thought out plan this time. again audra’s plan is off the hook. poor solai…

Brrrrring…brrrrrring.

“Pein, can you scoop that up!”, Sam yelled from across the warehouse.
“Yo, Team Daisuke”, Pein answered as he picked up the phone. It turned out it was Sean from the GWC Crew calling. “Is this really Sean?”, Pein asked. “Dude, make the sheep noise for me!” After a back and forth Sean gave in. “Now can we get to business”, Sean said frustrated. “Our producer Solai has been arrested by the Klingons and we need you to rescue him.”

Team Daisuke suited up and boarded the ship they won from saving the planet in the first mission. Because they didn’t have great navigational info they had to stop and ask for directions to Rura Penthe. Every time they mentioned their mission to save Solai they got interesting responses:

“You think Solai needs to be saved? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught, and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it’ll be to get rid of Juan. After that… my guess is you’ll never hear from him again.”

“Of course I’ve heard of Solai. He’s supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Qijujo tell it, anybody could have worked for Solai. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the galaxy he didn’t exist.”

“Solai’s ruthlessness is legendary; he is described as having had enemies and disloyal henchmen brutally murdered, along with everyone they hold dear, for the slightest infractions. Over the years his criminal empire, centered around Dilithium, flourishes, as does his legend; he has become a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night.”

They finally arrive at Rura Penthe and enter into a “not so secluded” orbit. Suddenly 20 Birds of Prey began decloaking and a message appeared on the communications panel. Solai welcomes Team Daisuke as guests. Coordinates were sent for a landing location and the team decided to follow them. After landing they were taken to a large meeting hall where a band was playing Klingon cover songs. The name on the drum said “Juan and the Drewids” and the lead singer seemed to have a bit of a Canadian accent. After the song ended a man in a cloak enter the hall followed by an entourage. “Hello, I am the real Solai and I control all commerce in this quadrant of the galaxy. I have spent the last few years concluding our operations collecting all the resources of Earth. I had my friend Juan here send the message to the GWC crew in order to lure you here. Team Daisuke is the only other thing of value from Earth and I would like it if you would work for me. You will have access to everything in my organization as long as you complete my assignments without asking any questions. What say you?” The team looked at each other with a look of “why not”. Then Pein blurted out, “Do you know any green aliens?” Solai clapped his hands and a group of scantily dressed “assistants” came in the room. They were of many races and colors. Pein turned to Solai and said “Done!” as he ran to the green one with three breasts and tentacle hair. Solai turned to the rest of the team and said, “Let me introduce you to a few more friends.” Chuck, Sean and Audra were brought into the room all wearing jester hats. “I was able to secure some entertainment for the future”, Solai said with a look of devious pleasure.

Team GlauZ

Mean While, at the Hottest base in herodom:

Bennett: Kira, I’ve seen you pose as a prostitute on a prison break mission before. It worked really well, let’s just to that again.

Kira: i’ve graduated from playing prostitute, how about me be the pimp and you girls play the prostitutes.

Cameron: I’ll get my leopard print tank top.

Kira: No! leave it. And wear a jacket!

Kira takes the cloaked Defiant and flies them to Rura Penthe in Klingon disguise, In Transit:

Bennett: River, come out, stop hiding.

River: No! not until that Reaver leaves.

Kira: FOR THE LAST TIME, I am not a Reaver. This is just a hyperdermic surgery to make me look Klingon. And if you don’t snap out of it, when we beam to Rura Penthe, there will be hundreds more guards looking just like this.

River: AHHHHHH~~~~~~~~~~~

Team beams down to Rura Penthe, Kira leads the girls to the gate of the prison camp:

Guard1: Halt! Where do you petaQ think you are going.

Kira: Shut your mouth and step aside, qoH. I am here by the order of the minister to offer these 3 exotic human women for our warriors enjoyment.

Cameron turns on seduction mode, walks up close to the guard in her leopard print tank top and puts her head on him:

Guard1: In that case, Qapla’ to your mission.

Guard2 holds up a tricorder: Wait a minute, I thought you said these 3 are humans. How can a human woman withstand the freezing cold of Rura Penthe wearing that, while the 3 of you are bundled up like ghu?

Kira raises her phaser and shoots the guards: Damn, our cover is blown! Cameron, I told you to wear a jacket!

Cameron: But the leopard print tank top worked so well in seduction scenarios…

Kira: Nevermind, Cameron, River, just do what you do best… Never leave seduction to girls…

Cameron and River rampage their way to Solai’s cell:

Cameron: Come with me if you want to live.

Solai: woah… i think i am beginning to like this place. you girls sure you don’t want to come in here and join me?

Let’s see…

Sean: Conan and the bomb? Blowing up the whole planet?

Audra: Sy’s voice? Again?

Chuck gets my vote, except he loses points due to his unnecessary attempt at “winning by meta.” Master Chief droid demonstration: win.

Team Classic:
Robot: The Terminator (the original, of course)
Scientist: Dr. Benton C. Quest (“one of the top three scientists in the world”)
Warrior: Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell, of Third Echelon)
Alien: Silver Surfer

Soundtrack: (anything by Harry Gregson-Williams)

The efforts of the GWC teams were noble attempts, but they are all hindered by the same assumption. It says “HE WILL BE SENTENCED”, not that Solai has already reached Rura Penthe.

Team Classic would elegantly solve this particular challenge by apprehending the Klingons and Solai, while they are still in Central Park.

Sam Fisher gets word of the situation from Grimm, and flies the team (except the Silver Surfer) in the NSA’s Third Echelon Osprey to a location nearby. He approaches in stealth, shooting a sticky cam over their heads to provide video intel.

Dr. Quest
uses the awesome set of tools on the Osprey to devise a local electromagnetic field disruptor, to foil the Klingon’s attempt to escape using their transporter.

Meanwhile, the Terminator hijacks a fire truck by saying, “You. Leave.”

The Terminator crashes the fire truck into Central Park, steps out, and the Klingons shoot him.

The Klingon leader says “THE ONE SOLAI HAS BEEN CHARGED, AND WILL DIE. NOW.” At this moment, the Silver Surfer flies up on his oh-so-cool surfboard, raises his hand and says “No one will die.”

Sam Fisher ziplines in and retrieves Solai. The team runs toward the partially-wrecked fire truck, and the Silver Surfer surfs away.

Sean, I begin to wonder that same thing at times! Then I remember your thing for Twilight. :wink:

Before all my friends moved out of state, we used to get together regularly to play board games, Risk 2210 was always on the agenda!

F Troop

The downtrodden team walked past the ‘Our Lady of Perpetual Cleavage’ church and headed toward the familiar alley like men walking to the gallows. They were so despondent the sign advertising Wednesdays guest speaker ‘Reverend Sean and the Hooters girls’ went completely unnoticed though I doubt anything could have lifed their spirits at this point. They had waited until night to smuggle the collection of body parts to the alley, when they successfully entered deep into the alley without being noticed by the police Spleen and Alf high-fived each other using two of Solai’s limbs. The Doctor rolled his eyes and complained, “Will you pleeeeease stop doing that!” Spleen held up the bag holding Solai’s carapace, “Want a little head?” Smith’s face drew up in utter disgust. Alf goaded him with, “How about a some Head and Shoulders?” Spleen snickered at Smith’s reaction, once in control of himself Smith boomed like a Principle scolding unruly children, “You two are unbelievable! That is a man’s body you are using for your comedic props.” Alf turned around and pointed at him using Solai’s arm, “Look buddy, this is entirely your fault you know…” Dr. Smith scowled and looked truly put-upon, “Me? How is this outré collection of body parts my fault?” The Inspector sighed, “It was your scream that brought the guards…” Smith sputtered and flustered,“It was not a scream.” Smith insisted indignitly, “I was alerting you…” Spleen rolled his eyes, “To what?” He began scratching his back with one of Solai’s arms, “That you have no ‘balls’?” Alf snickered and began cleaning an ear with a finger of Solai’s as he spoke, “Yeah, like we didn’t already know that…” They both laughed and chortled, “My smoke detector isn’t even that high pitched.” “I bet it doesn’t run with it’s arms in the air like Shaggy either…”

Dr. Smith recoiled in horror at their behavior; he grabbed a leg from the Inspector who blurted out, “Hey, don’t rustle my calves.” Smith whacked the two over the head with a Nike covered foot, “STOP! What is wrong with you two? Show a little respect for the dead!” They looked with blasé expressions from him to the limb he was clutching and shaking like a Levi covered bat, when the Doctor realized what he was holding he squealed and dropped it as if it were a live snake. “Smooth doc,” Spleen rasped and threw Solai’s arm over his neck like a flesh colored scarf and walked on. The Inspector picked the limb back up and shook his head, “Whaddayah know, I finally have a leg up on you.” He walked away leaving Smith alone to fidget and finish his little ’icky-icky-poo’ dance.

When Dr. Smith finally caught back up with them they were discussing the Klingons, the Inspector asked “What was with that one Klingon?” Spleen looked at him, “You mean the one that hummed his own soundtrack as he kicked our asses…” The Inspector nodded and Alf queried, “And what kind of a name is ‘Juan’ for a Klingon anyways?” Smith timidly offered, “Maybe he is an exchange student.” The other three stopped and stared at him in silence, he stammered, “What?” Spleen glared at him, “You know what? You’re the only ne not carrying something,” he dropped one of the trash bags, “here, do something useful.” Smith timidly picked it up and held it at arms length as he followed them. Alf laughed, “Maybe he was an ‘illegal alien’?” Spleen laughed with him and added, “Yeah, ‘doing the jobs Klingons won’t do’ ha ha ha…” The Inspector pulled a face, “And I do not believe that ‘woot’ is a Klingon word.” Smith nodded agreement, “Nor is ‘p’wned’ in their vernacular either for that matter.” Alf looked at the GWC watch on the detached arm, “I may be going out on a limb here,” Smith groaned and rolled his eyes as Alf continued, “but I do believe Q is not going to be happy with our results.” Spleen smiled and held up the limbs he was carrying, “I’ll bet you and arm and a leg he is!” The three dryly laughed at their gallows humor as Dr. Smith muttered, “Doomed, doomed, we are all doomed.” The Inspector offered, “We could call a Toe Truck.” Alf winked, “Would that save our soles??”

A booming voice rumbled down the alleyway, “You failed me!” They froze and peered toward the resonating voice. The voice grated like millstones, “Prepare for your punishment.” Smith’s voice squeaked like a Pokemon, “Oh dear…” FLASH!

clears throat

PSA from frakkintalos

For those who prefer to post “long” version solutions looks at self, Omra, Uchi, et al., I suggest you place a summary version at the beginning or end. This will increase your chance to be read on the podcast.

tl;dr Post a tl;dr

Kthnxbai

Sean calls Team Daisuke
Pein has him do sheep baaaaaa.
They head out in the ship from Round 1
Ask for directions and find out that Solai has a much darker reputation in the verse.
Reach Rura Penthe and is surrounded by a squadron of decloaking Birds of Prey.
They are invited to meet with Solai.
Juan is a Klingon of Canadian decent that sings in a cover band and Solai is Kaiser Soze with a cape (M. Bison style).
Informed that Earth has been stripped of all its resources the team is asked to work for Solai.
They accept, Pein gets his green alien and Chuck, Sean and Audra are brought there to entertain Solai for the rest of their lives. :smiley:

It was short last week and I still got screwed, “Curse you DP!!!”. :mad:
I would just like to point out in my scenario that I have rebooted the series. We may now continue on with Solai in his rightful place as “Ruler of the Galaxy”. FYI - I am strongly apposed to Solestation and can this week say with all honesty, “Vote Team Chuck!!!” :smiley: