Digital/Graphic arts

Wow. Wow. Wow. Thanks for the additional info, LT!

Have anything to do with this? :smiley:

//youtu.be/WHsvjSsq_UM

Woooow… Everyone who posted stuff is fantastic. I took a few comm-tech courses in highschool and tinkered around with 3D studio, but none of my stuff looks as professional as what you guys have posted. I’m impressed… high fives for all of you lol. :smiley:

This is Big Buck Bunny.

//youtu.be/YE7VzlLtp-4

You can see higher res versions and lots of production info at http://www.bigbuckbunny.org

It was made entirely with Blender 3D, a free multi-platform open source 3D program.
You can check it out (and even download it) at blender.org

I plan on learning this gem when I get the chance.
The entry cost of learning 3D animation has come down dramatically. :slight_smile:
Power to the people!

Go make something!

Very cool. I took some 3-D classes back around 2000. Do you find the programs semi-user friendly now? They were not awful back then, but not as easy to use as I thought they should have been.

To be honest, I have been implimenting alot more 2D into my work now adays than I used to back in my school days. Doing mainly still images, I can get away with it. I have not kept up on all the latest 3D apps and how easy they are, though I’d like to learn a newer one.

I am out of the loop on 3-D programs. At one time I thought one of the lines of 3-D programs was offering a free download but with the catch the when you render your project it would have some sort of stamp saying for educational use only along the bottom or at the front of their rendered movie. I wonder if there is anything like that still out there or if there is an open source program out there.

See my previous post.
Blender 3D is a totally free Open Source program. You can check it out (and even download it) at blender.org

Doh, I guess I stopped at the bunny movie and did not read the rest. Silly me.

Blender looks really cool. Now if I can just clone myself so I will have time to learn that program while doing a day job. Is there an open source cloning program? :smiley:

Here’s some more stuff I’ve done.

My lovely wife gave me an iPod Touch for my birthday.
Have I put any music on it yet? Nope.
But I’ve downloaded some apps.
I painted this li’l robot with my finger on my touch using the Brushes app.

Bad Robot!

I don’t know…
K58XX-00098427-981 thought it was a good likeness himself.
I guess art is in the visual receptors of the beholder.

No, no. I meant:

Nope. Not ringing a bell…
(Sit ubu, sit. Good dog.)

another:

More iPod Touch robot art:

Damn. You’re really good with that.

Gives me something to do on the subway rides in and out of Boston…

He has wonderful fingers IYKWIM