Xbox community

Yeah, I’m pretty excited about this, too. It might even convince me to go ahead and spring for a 360 for the bedroom. (The one I own now is in the media room.) I couldn’t see spending the cash for just the games OR the Netflix, but when you put the two together it’s starting to seem like a great idea.

BOO !!!

Canada is not getteing the whole “NETFLIX” thing. (As far as I know)
But the NXE is looking good, avatars ???
Thats koo !!!

Who’s on XBL, What are your guys’ gameratgs ?

Add me … “XGC AdiKT”

It does look great I’m just crossing my fingers that it doesn’t brick systems. I’m excited about the Netflix thing but I’m most excited about the ability to load games to the hard drive to cut down on load times.

Yeah, the Netflix thing looks really good. Not totally sold on the Avatars yet though.

How many people here have Xbox Live? Maybe we should share Gamertags and friend each other up (mine’s in my sig). I could always use more people watching my back while I’m wandering the wasteland in Fallout 3 or playing catch with my dog in Fable II. :slight_smile:

I haven’t stopped playing Fable II since I got the game. I’m totally enjoying the game and haven’t even played co-op yet, I’m thinking of doing co-op when I play an evil character. Have you caught some of the hilarious things the NPC’s say? My favorite so far was the little girl saying her brother told her that role playing was for kids and geeks, totally messed up my chain on the blacksmith job because I was laughing so hard.

2 player in Fallout3, im down.

Add’s me on xbl
XGC AdiKT

a BSG clan ???
Where do i sign up !!!

So, for those that have downloaded the NXE already what do you think about it?

I like it so far but it is going to take some time to get used where everything is now. I’m waiting until I get my copy of The Last Remnant today before trying out the new installation feature.

I downloaded and tried it last night. It looks cool, and the whole avatar thing was fun, but I don’t know if any of the functionalities have changed at all. It appears to be mostly just cosmetic to me.

BTW, the Netflix app requires GOLD? I didn’t know this… I don’t know if it’s worth it.

Yea. I got it last night. I was happy with the Avatar creation. Its one of the better Avatar creators out there with more options than most. My avatar came off looking some what like me and i was able to even use my fashion sense more or less. Its taking me a little while to learn to navigate but you have the option to use the X-box button to bring up a menu that lets you jump to exactly where you want to go. As for the Netflix. IO was a little surprised that you have to have a Gold Account but really its not that surprising. I was planning on renewing my Gold account anyway. But it might make it easier to have Frak parties because you are supposedly able to watch them together (well anyone who has a gold account and Netflix) I think it could be fun to give it a try one of these days.

I haven’t tried the Netflix thing yet but it doesn’t surprise me that it requires GOLD.

The avatar’s are actually pretty interesting, in fact I had to download A Kingdom for Keflings last night just to enjoy using my avatar in a game.

Downloaded the NXE last night, it’s really a nice improvement over the last OS, almost like getting a brand new console. Avatars are cute, the Netflix integration is amazing (tried Heroes in HD last night and the picture quality was great). I still have to try installing a game on the hard drive to see if it really improves the load time/noise reduction but overall I’m pretty impressed with it.

Yorick, I’m with you. With Netflix, this totally breathes life into the 360 for me. The interface is nice, and my avatar looks a lot like me. They even gave me dorky-ass outfits to dress him in very similar to the dorky-ass outfits I wear. Nice.

As to Gold requirement for Netflix, I remember seeing this published back when they first announced it a long time back. Honestly, I’ve held a Gold account since beta testing way back when. I actually signed up for Netflix just for this reason. :slight_smile:

Is it worth it for me to upgrade to gold? I’d only use it to use Netflix. I don’t really play games online, so that aspect is just completely wasted on me.

Here is mine

I added the face scar for coolness. But i do have a scar on my face its just hidden under my goatee

Where are you guys going to capture your avatars?

Update: Found it. I’ll post mine in a bit.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx -> Manage Profile

Your pic there is already a png with transparent background, so it’s ready to go. Just save it and use it!

I found that if you hit the left bumper button your Avatar will make different faces. Dont know if anyone played with that yet

I’m loving the Netflix aspect. I’ve had Netflix for years, so getting this added benefit makes me feel like I did something right for a change as far as picking a console. It’s pretty neat, you can go online on any computer and add movies to your instant que, and they show right up on the XBox ready to watch. Sweet.

Noting that the games you load onto the hard drive still require that you put the disc in to play. Disc use greatly reduced, but it was a bit of a surprise when the console asked for the disc after loading. Oh well, not a biggie.

I’m looking forward to trying the Party functions and all the rest.

Was happy to hear that GWC may be adding Netflix as a sponsor. If they need an endorsement I’m all over it. Love Netflix. :smiley:

with all our synchronized rewatches, we use their services enough for them to be a sponsor