X-Men Frak Party

Tuesday, 1 November 2011
8 PM Eastern - 5 PM Pacific
(Calculate Time Zone)

Enter Magneto at 8:00 PM ET
Deadly Reunions at 8:30 PM ET

Wow. X-Men, the animated series. This series really got me in to the X-Men, and that got me reading the comics, and that got me interested other comics. Comics, especially Marvel, are a big part of my personal geek identity. I’m excited to rewatch this show. I definitely haven’t watched most of these episodes since I was a kid (unlike Gargoyles), so I’ll be rediscovering this show right along with you.

I love me that opening theme song. So epic!

Jubilee’s full name is “Jubilation Lee.” The character was originally named as a nod to X-Men creator Stan Lee.

“I used to be a normal kid.”

Who just happened to enjoy wearing yellow latex. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. An arcade.

Eerily phallic joystick. :eek:

“Do not be alarmed. I am here to serve and protect.”

Obviously. :slight_smile:

Storm is such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

Jubilee got her own series in 2004, written by Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead). It was canceled after six issues.

- X-Men Pop-Up Video

“Don’t go away. I’ll be right back.”

He totally just shoplifted those cards! Damn mutants!

Jubilee’s “power” is just ridiculous.

The character Morph was created just for the show. He was based on Changeling, a similar character.

The giant mall hair is distracting.

Her “fireworks” are actually based on science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmoid

Morph stole the Green Hornet’s gas gun!

Shooting that dude in the face, electrocuting this other guy, and these are the good guys? :eek:

“I just wish I knew what was happening in there.”

If only you knew some telepaths… :rolleyes:

Ha! Yeah, a bad writer would Mary Sue all the tension out of these stories. Why could Professor X just take control of everyones’ minds, yada yada yada…

We’re waiting 'till 9:30 for Part 2, eh?

A bad writer, a good strategist, whatever.

Makes it easier, methinks.