X-Men:First Class Trailer

Just as a segue, what sort of accent do the characters Frasier & Niles Crane have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heheh, I based my observation on that same YouTube clip from the Craig Ferguson show - it was a 2 parter, about 15mins long in total.

If you search for Michael Fassbender & James McAvoy being interviewed together, they have some fun making small gags about the Professor X-Magneto bromance. There’s s youtube clip where they did a morning show interview together and Michael was totally engrossed by James. I’m sure it was a gag! :slight_smile:

PS it was the Good Day Sacramento interview dated 05-26-2011. Sorry y’all I’m not able to attach YouTube clips on tapatalk app, especially since my iPhone would launch the YouTube app then I wouldn’t get the link

Well, I bought the X-Men trilogy before watching this, but didn’t get to it until today. Just started, but it looks like they recreated the opening scene of X-men shot for shot at the beginning of First Class.

yes, I thought it was a very nice call back. For those who remember Magneto’s origin in X-men, it added continuity to First Class. At least for me it did.

I’m not sure if it’s a recreation of the opening scene, or just reused footage, I’d have to look at both again. It’s a toss up for me on that. tying First Class in with the first 3 is kind of off, when you consider how much of the story has been rewritten in First Class. As it’s own movie, First Class is first class (yuk yuk!) but I’m not sure they really thought out how it’ll tie in with the other 3 if that’s what they want to do.

That scene is completely reshot. The fact that it is so similar shows how much they want to make that connection.

I don’t really see how First Class diverge from the first 3 movies. I do see how it totally changes parts of the accepted canon in the comics. Such as some characters being in the original X-men.

But within the movies it actually is a great new origin mythos.

Biggest changes of continuity from the movieverse that I can think of off the top of my head are Xavier getting paralyzed earlier in life (vs. still walking and hanging around with Magneto well into middle age like in 3) and Emma Frost as an adult in the 60s vs. being a teenager in the late 70s like in Wolverine.

i don’t even remember Frost was in Wolverine, but i don’t remember much about that movie. it wasn’t a bad movie though. (wait, that girl was supposed to be Frost?) And the Wolverine Origins in that movie though from the comics is probably a rather new creation different from previous versions as well.

I find it more poignant to have Xavier loose the use of his legs earlier in life.

And Iceman was in the very original X-men lineup…

saw it … it is "Oddball Approved"™!

please someone give me a heads up next time around though. Betty Draper was practically nekked in that bikini :slight_smile:

Talking movieverse vs. comicverse, as I understand it. Otherwise Warren would have been Angel and not Angel Salvadore, Jean and Cyclops would have been there, etc. I’m fine with the characters who were in it, even if I nerdrage at the misuse of Darwin’s powers so that they could prove how strong Shaw was.

I wonder if I can finagle another viewing this weekend. Why are movies so expensive, and why are so many I want to see coming out in the next couple of weeks?

if I had to see Sarah Connor’s boobs (both actress), i think a little Betty Draper isn’t half bad.

And I bet he wasn’t Jimmy Olsen’s twin brother in the comics either. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, this movie was awesome. I don’t care about conflicts in canon, it’s a stellar movie in its own right.

And I’m so glad that they gave Magneto the treatment he deserved. I’m with Sean on this, he’s always been one of my favorite comic book characters and I’m glad to finally see him portrayed faithfully and in proper depth in film.

Can’t believe it took me until the end of X-Men 3 to realize that Xavier’s school was the Luthor Mansion too.

Don’t think they used the same place for the mansion in First Class though.

haha, really? I didn’t notice that at all. they used a lot of aerial shots in those movies.

I remember reading a standalone comic where Magneto got whacked in the head, lost his memory and ended up in Latin America.

He was essentially the good guy in the story, hooked up with the village maiden, fought off the nearby guerillas, then got whacked in the head again, remembering who he was & his own struggle. The comic ended with him going off in the sunset returning to his never-ending battles…

best weapon against Magneto, MLB baseball bat.