What's your Galactica callsign?

It suddenly occured to me this would be an awesome topic. They have never made it clear whether or not they are assigned or chosen…so here will be our rule:

1. Select a callsign you want for yourself. You may choose to adopt a callsign someone thinks up for you

2. Suggest as many callsigns for other people as you like.

So there you have it. Let the games begin. Given this community it almost doesn’t need to be said, but I’ll say it anyway: play nice.

EDIT: as you will note in the thread I have offered to make dog tags when you decide what your callsign is. I ask that you copy the image to your own repository. PM me with your decision on what your callsign will be. The thread with all the final selections so far can be found here:

Uh…frakkintalos.

For you Solai, I suggest SHINY.

I know you said to play nice, but I …can’t …stop…myself:

Galaxy Ranger. Callsign: “Beaver”. :D:D

They’re assigned to the nuggets, Voicebox.

Hmmm…I will consider Shiny, although I am gravitating towards “Hobbes”

frakkintalos, there can be only one callsign for you: Tiberius

I like it. “The Big Giant Head” works also.

Hmm…I don’t know….FT has a finely developed sense of humor, so I am going to go with two callsigns from people that I knew who also share the same sense of humor: Sparky and Short Round. How tall are you FT? As long as you’re very tall or very short, Short Round would work…

In RL, I have been Death Two Tango, and Annihilator 1 Actual, but for BSG I would want Starbuck to give me a weird one like Half Pint or Bad Luck Jake (too long).

For myself, I don’t know…maybe Hot Shot. I’m pretty sure I’d be doing victory rolls if I was flying a viper.

I think we all know what Pike’s would be…PIKE!!!

This is stupid question, but was just thinking about the origins of the callsign “Starbuck”.
Does the name starbuck come from Shakespeare?

“Moby Dick,” chapter 26.

He was the XO, right?

Can I speak with his [French from Holy Grail]outRAGEous[/French from Holy Grail] accent?

Yup, and he dies with Ahab and the rest.

I think we would all be disappointed if you didn’t

Traditionally, callsigns are given somewhat like names in fraternaties(see Animal House for details). So, often they’re unpleasant and derogatory.

So, long story behind it, mine’d be VikingBoy.

When I played Soccer in high school, I had two nickames “Dancing Bear” and “Spider”.
Dancing Bear was becaue of the weird way I dribbled the ball.
Spider was because of my long legs and the way I’d creep up the field when I was supposed to be back on defense.

“Dancing Bear” FTW!

I had to go to www.urbandictionary.com to find out what “FTW” meant, but now I’m cool. At first I thot it was “What the Frak” backwards.:slight_smile:

Thank the Gods, I wasn’t the only one that wondered what the frak FTW was. :slight_smile:

“Frak the Whut?” I so gotta change my avatar to that.

By the time somebody got out “Big Giant Head, look out !!” you’d be splashed all over the cosmos, dude. :smiley:

My nickname was “Psycho” in basic training (I did a mean impression of that guy from ‘Stripes’, not because of my mental status, at least that’s what they told me after I let them all out of the well), and “Bulldog” in Desert Storm.

If TFG was “Spider” in school, I think we have a name for you, my friend…“Charlotte”.