Welcome to GWCville

We’ve all thot of it, we’ve all talked about it. GWCville! After a few comments recently on another thread, ThotFullGuy decided to run a bit with it. So rather than completely hijacking the other thread (cause we know that almost never happens here ;)), I give you the hopes and dreams of your fellow geek.

ThotFullGuy:
I think we should at least start designing it.
Here’s a list of buildings and areas (I haven’t sketched out a map yet):
These are just my rough ideas, feel free anyone to add more.
Land in Dallas is probably cheap, so I’m thinking this will all cost around $20 million to build, and take …oh…maybe 4 months to complete.

[i]Full-scale mock up of Galactica

Full-Scale mock up of Enterprise primary hull

Brew pub/ Gaming area.

Electronic Role-Playing Game Center (no paper and dice gaming allowed in this building.)

Paper and Dice Role-Playing Game Center (no electronic games allowed here).

Hef-def 6 screen movie Theater.

Emergency back-up brew pub/ gaming area.

Book/comic/book/music lending library.

Secondary emergency back-up brew pub

Chuck/Sean/Audra podcast recording studio

Outdoor stage and seating for Shakespeare plays and live concerts.

Star Trek club tree house.

Star Trek club outfit measurement center (I’ll be in charge of this one.)

Full-scale mock up of Bag End and surrounding Shire buildings.

[/i]

The cool thing about a GWCville is we could easily go a year with just some tents in a circle and a firepit. We’re just that much fun together.

ThotFullGuy:
But what about the secondary back-up brew pub/gaming area?:eek:

TG:
We build that first, of course! That way there won’t be any complaints when construction on the back-up and primary pubs fall behind.

ThotFullGuy:
Gods, you are brilliant.

TG:
I think at least one of the pubs should have a giant Gorn-head facade.

ThotFullGuy:
And it shall be named “The Gorn’s Head”. (and it shall also serve scotch for Talos.)

TG:
As well as darts and poker, we could have ‘build a homemade cannon’ and ‘toss the big rock’ competitions.

ThotFullGuy:
BTW, I meant no disrespect to the Enterprise secondary hull, by not including it. I was just thinking that the primary hull full scale mock up could lie flat on the ground, whereas the secondary hull…well, it would get a wee bit tippy what with the gravity and all.
I’m thinking the Enterprise and Galactica mock ups would be where we and our families would live , and go to school (we’ve got plenty of GWC teachers,so no prob there.)

TG:
Fantastic! And could we not build the primary hull on a giant central gimbel mount, so that once in awhile we could re enact battle scenes and toss everyone around a bit?

ThotFullGuy:
Holy craap, that is brilliant!!
Either that would we build the secondary hull underground.
Hmmm…but then how would the Shuttlecraft get out?

Pike:
As long as I have a lawn, I’m happy…

ATGreat:
There whould have to be an elevator to bring the shuttlecraft to the surface. Until we can get real VTOL shuttlecraft though, we’ll have to get some helos that are disguised as shuttlecraft.

We can also have moving sidwalks connecting all of the buildings and call them “Transporters”.

ArkansasEngineeringGirl:
I am all for GWCville. The first priority should obviously be the giant theater for Frak parties, then the secondary back-up pub, then housing. I for one choose to live in Bag End (no cramped ship’s quarters for me).

Wavyliem:
Wow, I’m really impressed at all that you and Topgun have designed inspired by just one little rant of mine :slight_smile:

ThotFullGuy:
Craaap!! I almost forgot that. Pike’s lawn. Of course, can’t forget that.
Will you be alllowing any people on said lawn?

We could just beam the shuttlecraft out when we need to. Woo, that’s ridiculous. Get back to reality Thot. This isn’t fantasyland. Yes, sidewalk connecting all buildings, yes.

Apollymy:
Oh my mutha frakkin gods. I wanna be there now!!!

Deathbytray:
No mock-up of Serenity? No dining room designed like Serenity mess-hall, with little flowers on the wall? That’s it… I’m not coming, give me my deposit back. I want refund.

ArkansasEngineeringGirl:
All deposits are nonrefundable. You can, however, add anything you like since GWCville has an unlimited budget and infinite construction space. Pike’s lawn is actually the size of North Dakota.

Apollymy:
Hello! Just get in on the design process silly! You know you don’t wanna back out now! You know we Whedon Whores will have our say. I mean, there must be a Bronze, and the hotel in town will be a replica of the Hyperion (complete with weapon’s cabinets!)

Well Done, Top Gun.
I was just thinking that this ought to have it’s own thread.
We were violating the sancitity of the “Life is teh suck” thread by discussing this serious subject there.:smiley:

Good timing – I was just reading this article on the size of the re-imagined Enterprise compared to BSG: http://gizmodo.com/5253324 So I’m thinking that for design purposes, we want to make sure our hanger bay is at least 750 meters long and wide enough to have room for both the Galactica and the Enterprise.

ARe you guys talking about some Second Life real estate that you’re gonna develop? :smiley:

A giant dinosaur.

Maybe one that follows Chuck & Sean around, so they’re always by the giant dinosaur.

And holodecks.

On the central commons of GWCville there will be a technology called “Sean’s Be Where You Are” vortex. The technology makes it so no tweeting, PDAing, texting or cell phone use is possible within this area. If you need to ignore a fellow GWC Villager within this zone, you must do it manually.

I will setup a storefront called:

Solai’s Delicious Paaah and Tequila

and might I suggest another location called:

Audra’s Karaoke and Blue Humor Bar

Oh frak. If GWC winds up getting me into Second Life I’m going to be pissed.

The words “Second Life” shall not be spoken of again. (It’s bad enough that this crowd dragged me into joining Twitter.)

Solai, I was thinking that we’ll put your office and quarters in the full scale mock up of Serenity. Is that good for you? Lady D will probably live right down the hall in Kaylee’s quarters, by the way.:slight_smile:

[::swoon::]

Er, yeah. That would be fine.

…is this what heaven feels like? Ok. Solai’s Delicious Paaah and Tequila Emporium[COLOR=white] will serve up our wares in the galley of Serenity.[/COLOR]

My quarters will be on Deck 4 (Officers Quarters) of the Enterprise full scale mock up. But much of my day will be spent supervising things in the “Star Fleet Uniform Official Measurement Center”

I’ll have a setup like the Intersect Room (see NBCs Chuck). There will ne chairs available for anyone to access all the movies and links I run across on the web

User : “operator, give me everything on Transformers”

Operator: “here ya go” ZAP

Located not too far from Solai’s “Paaaah” place. I do like PAAAHH:D

We’re going to need a dedicated recording studio/stage area for KMethas and all who want to make a little music. Big enough so we can leave our instruments laying around, lots of couches for people to watch from, lots of electronics and speakers and cables for the audiophiles to mess with. And a huge mixing board that nobody knows how to run. Maybe it could be made to resemble the Opera House? We can call it “Bear’s Cave” and send him an open invitation to drop by when he’s around.

O’Reilly’s bowling alley should suffice.

As GWC’s composer-in-residence I like the idea for the recording studio and outdoor theater, but I must ask for an indoor theater for acoustic concerts. We could model it after Jabba the Hutt’s throne room and we could hire a house band that is a combination of the Max Rebo band and the Cantina band. I, of course, will require a fully circular electric piano like the one Max uses. I always wanted one of those. :slight_smile:

As to my quarters: I’ll take a full mock up of the Emperor’s thone room, complete with starscape and swively fancy chair and a long, flowing robe.

I’ll get started on the raspy voice.

Thirded.

Some of us remained strong and fought the urge to Tweet. (And now have holier-than-thou airs about it. HAHAAHAAA!) We don’t need another distraction.

Oh, so you’re implying that I’m weak willed are ya??

I am. It’s true.:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL. I’m totally picturing that. And, remember, the elevator to the emperor’s throne room doubles as a bathroom.
Remember: http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showpost.php?p=67176&postcount=581