Tokyo Godfathers 3/11 10PM ET

Tokyo Godfathers

March 11th 10PM ET
run time 92 minutes

Tokyo Godfathers is a 2003 anime film by Japanese director Satoshi Kon.

Tokyo Godfathers is Kon’s third animated movie, which he wrote and directed. Keiko Nobumoto, noted for being the creator of the Wolf’s Rain series and a head scriptwriter for Cowboy Bebop, was also involved in the film’s production.

Tokyo Godfathers received an Excellence Prize at the 2003 Japan Media Arts Festival.

Synopsis:

Christmas in Tokyo, Japan. Three homeless friends: a young girl, a transvestite, and a middle-aged bum. While foraging through some trash, they find an abandoned newborn. Hana, the transvestite with delusions of being a mother, convinces the others to keep it overnight. The next day, using a key found with the baby, they start tracking down the parents, with many adventures along the way.

Available on Netflix btw.

All set up and ready to go. This would be good to bring back around Christmas time…:slight_smile:

The Girl who lept through time was fun and nicely done, but the scifi/timetravel stuff was pretty thin, and it bugged the Hell out of me that no paradox’s ever arose from it.

I prefer the outfit that Revy wore when they went to Japan (Black Lagoon), as much as I enjoyed seeing her midriff, something about her walking around with her shoelaces untied just bugged the Hell out of me!:mad:

She looks better in cowdoy boots!:smiley: Of course being sexy as Hell doesn’t make up for the fact that she is batshit crazy

Started. Lost track of time.

The poof is happy!:smiley:

Yeah, it is a nice movie, but svi fi geeks like us may have trouble with it. Like I said, I couldn’t completely buy the ending.

Revi was sexy all the way through for me. I liked how she toned down a bit towards the end. Not as crazy, but still.

Now, Fryface…

This unusual… 6 minutes in before the credits.

What is your sig pic now…?

Yeah, I’d cry seeing a face like that too.

Yeah, Fryface was scary and has NO SOUL!

Feed her already!

I forgot this takes place around Christmas.

This…

Miyazaki.

great singing voice heh??:smiley:

They have windows that open on their subway? That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen here.

The gif is …Kim Ha Yul at a anime convention… I thought it appropriate!:slight_smile:

This reminds me of the ‘Twit of the Year’ competition from Monty Python…

So much for their ‘good luck’!!!

Punks! Real tough… beating on old homeless people…:mad:

Homeless, and homely as well…