The West Wing - S3 E6 - Gone Quiet

The West Wing - S3 E6 - Gone Quiet

When an American spy submarine suddenly goes silent in hostile North Korean waters, an angry President (Martin Sheen) receives advice from the Assistant Secretary of State (Hal Holbrook) and must decide whether he should notify the enemy or attempt a risky, secret rescue – while his wife, Abigail (Stockard Channing), learns that her past malpractice suits might be Bartlet’s Achilles heel in his criminal investigation. In other White House action, C.J. (Allison Janney) is ecstatic over a potential presidential candidate’s indecisive public remarks; Toby (Richard Schiff) meets with a representative from an appropriations committee who wants to funnel money away from Congress’ controversial funding of avant-garde artists.

Wooooooosh!

Leo being condescending to Pres about military jargon is funny cuz Leo is busting his friend

If President Obama flew to Chicago to file for being on the election ballot he would get critized for the expense of it.

I’m just like CJ in that I like to break down and question the lyrics of a song.

So true.

Funny how Leo’s now trying to makeup for busting on his best friend.

"What is a friend of mine hypothetically lost a submarine … " Bartlett is comedy gold.

“Ok let’s get started. Where’s Toby?”
“He’s in the-”
“I don’t care.”

Bruno Gianelli. Charm personified. :stuck_out_tongue:

OMIGOSH CJ SINGING “I’M TOO SEXY!!!” dying :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ron Silver walks into this band of amazing characters and actors and he just as strong a character as any of them

I’ve noted down the time stamp. I will be rewinding to it :slight_smile:

“Goodness. What happened to your ankle, Dr. Bartlet?”
“I broke it. Otherwise I’d be shoving it up your…” :wink:

There just isn’t enough Abby in this show. :smiley:

Is it me, or was that the moment when Abby realized what she was going to have to do? She continues to answer Oliver’s questions, but in her heart, she knows that the best thing to do is to stop practising.

Abby is such a great character. There are some episodes she’s hardly even in but you feel her prescense throughout

Happy giddy CJ makes me happy giddy

Yup. Abby is no dummy. She gets the situtation at the moment I think. She’s devesated, but realizes more than ever that she needs Babish’s help

We have the Internet and access to mountains of information. But we still need experts like Albie Duncan who are conversant on specific subjects.

“If you don’t say ‘vote for Bartlet’ you can pay for the ad with unmarked bills from a bank heist.”

WHO WROTE THIS!!! The banter in this ep is classic WW. Must be Sorkin.

runs off to wikipedia

Jed Bartlet:Albie Duncan::Leo McGarry:John Marbury :slight_smile:

Good Babish moment there. He cares about what’s right. “It’s how you stand up!!”