The West Wing - S3 E5 - War Crimes

The West Wing - S3 E5 - War Crimes

The President (Martin Sheen) asks the reluctant Vice President (Tim Matheson) to speak at an anti-gun rally in Texas after a church shooting but the uneasy allies have a starkly candid showdown while Donna (Janel Moloney) goes before a Congressional committee investigating Bartlet’s lack of disclosure – and she lies to her inquisitor (Mark Feuerstein). Elsewhere, Leo (John Spencer) debates an old friend and Air Force officer (Gerald McRaney) about the United States’ future stance regarding the War Crimes Tribunal; C.J. (Allison Janney) informs Toby (Richard Schiff) that a reporter (Michael O’Keefe) heard his comment that puts the President in an unfavorable light; and Sam (Rob Lowe) tries to find common sense when a Congressman (Bob Glouberman) proposes legislation that would eliminate the penny.

Bumping thread for 9:30. Oh, now I mean! :slight_smile:

That opening is so low-key, but it just grips ya too.

Indeed. So many gun deaths in this country. We must seem freakish to other countries

“what can i do to be subject to you, Leo?”

“I’m fine. I’ve got Margaret.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh Donna. Bad time to lie. :frowning:

Sam’s occasionally uncertainty about mundane things like football is part of the charm of his character

Gumballs cost a quarter now. :frowning:

Love that.

And Abby’s banter with Jed, priceless

Ack! I’m a wee bit behind ya. Gonna skooch up a bit.

No, I think I was behind, I was refering to their first banter eariler.

I’m just finishing 1st scene with Hoynes and Bartlett

So Bartlett offers Hoynes a beer and Hoynes dosen’t know that Bartlett doesn’t know Hoynes is an alcholic. So Hoynes thinks Bartlett is being a dick.

This whole scenario with Donna and Cliff is beyond awkward. Made worse by her lying. It’s painful to watch.

It’s a tough situation. I like Cliff’s character. He’s a dude that deeply believes in both law and justice and people and those conflict sometimes.

I totally didn’t see it that way but you’re absolutely right. Leo’s his bestie, but he knows how to keep a secret lol

Neat how you catch new things after watching for the 10th time. :slight_smile:

Toby’s speech was smart. Because by pledging his loyalty to his people they’ll be more loyal back. And less leaking to leak a quote like that again

Heavy scene with Leo and the general. Point is made though.

Meanwhile, think about it. Because Bartlett doesn’t know that Hoynes is an alcoholic Bartlett thinks Hoynes is being a dick for NOT having a beer with him.

I admire Toby’s tactics, but i gotta say, calm!Toby is not nearly as fun to watch as ranty!Toby.