The West Wing - S3 E3 - Ways and Means

The West Wing - S3 E3 - Ways and Means

When a fearless special prosecutor (Nicholas Pryor) begins investigating the President’s (Martin Sheen) non-disclosure of his illness and issues subpoenas to the White House staff, C.J. (Allison Janney) cannily tries to light a backfire by dropping clues to the press that might ultimately force the replacement of the prosecutor with someone more favorable to the Administration. Elsewhere: a real forest fire rages in Wyoming but the governor is incensed when Bartlet backs the forestry experts who believe the fire should just burn itself out; the President is in a political bind as he decides whether or not to push for the repeal of the estate tax – or “the death tax,” as labeled by his savvy rivals, and a wary Donna (Janel Moloney) goes out on a blind date with a charming Republican (Mark Feuerstein) who might represent a conflict of interest.

Bumping this thread for 9 am

Are we ready? (crickets)

Ah, got your DM. Just give me the thumbs up when you’re ready, Kimster. No rush

All set! :smiley: thanks for waiting

Woot. We are go

Really? He’s gotta read out all those names? Ugh…

Samuel Norman Seaborn hehehehe

Omg Donna unraveling is OSSIM!!! She does crazy!sleepless!assistant so well.

AINSLEY!!! :smiley:

carry on

Some of the best Donna humor in the whole series :slight_smile:

CJ shows her genius in ths episode. Picking a enemy delibriately in the House is genius

This is one of my favorite Toby rants ever. “I go to this meeting…”

Also, this is a fabulously written episode by Eli Attie (also Red Mass). He and Debora Cahn are my favs besides Sorkin of course

Interesting. I don’t keep track of who writes which ep. I will from now on.

Any scene with Ainsley and Donna is gold Oh, I had forgotten that Ainsley set Donna up with Cliff Caley

LOL. I wonder if Bruno said to CJ “You got a killer body do you know that?” was to bump her ego before briefing the press.

“She put the pen in your pocket. Every morning, she slipped it in there.” sniffle :frowning:

I miss Mrs. L, but yay Fiderer.

That is so Bartlett — emotions are there…but he has to keep em down. Pen issue reminds him of Mrs. L

Oh I’m sure he did. It’s nice to see CJ back on her game.

I love that Donna is interested in Cliff mostly (I think) cuz he has a nice sense of humor

…also, Cliff is a busy guy with a busy guy. I love that he totally forgives Donna for being an hour and half late cuz he belives her that it was for a legit reason.

Jeez this episode is the start of at least 5 different storylines. Action-packed!

Indeed.

Sam speaks Spanish. Of course.