The West Wing - S3 E2 - Manchester Part II

The West Wing - S3 E2 - Manchester Part II

In the second part of the season premiere, flashbacks reveal the President (Martin Sheen) as he refines his speech for a major re-election announcement while his staff works uneasily with a heavyweight political strategist (Ron Silver) over whether Bartlet should include a public apology in his remarks. Meanwhile, C.J. (Allison Janney) considers drastic action in the wake of her ill-timed statements during a crucial press conference. In addition, Bartlet tries to patch up a misunderstanding with his wife Abbey (Stockard Channing). The President must also decide if he will accede to the requests of a corrupt Haitian leader that could lead to peace. Chief counsel Babish (Oliver Platt) shocks Charlie (Dulé Hill) with the probable cost of hiring a fancy lawyer since a special prosecutor is preparing to ask him tough questions.

Don’t recall a ton about season three because I kind of blasted through it all in a short time. I borrowed the dvd’s so I can’t go back and rematch. I do love Bruno whenever he appears and his characteristic line “I don’t care” when trying to end a conversation. I also love the introduction of lily Tomlin to the series as the new presidential secretary. Not sure which episode its in though. Have I mentioned I LOVED this series!

Durzo

Thread bump for 9:30. Now!

Woot!!

It’s NOT a garter snake. :eek:

Good morning Thot :slight_smile:

People seem to overlook Ron Silver, but he was an amazing actor.

'Merica Rocks! Fuck yeah!

That

Good morning Kimmeh. :slight_smile:

Bartlett doesn’t really ever talk about his farm. Does he not spend a lot of time there?

He was great. What a loss too.

Jed and Abby still in fighting mode, but getting through their day

They never really mention it much. We always hear more about Camp David.

Oh, I bet it was REALLY good cider too.

Funny. Leo just ended a convo with Nancy by saying “I don’t care”. There’s alot of that going around in this episode.

“You did it yourself. You know you’re not supposed to do that.”

Margaret runs a tight ship and even her boss doesn’t get to deviate from her plan.

“Do I need to explain the rules for making appointments again? Are you confused?” lol

The team is broken up and in disarray. Which is why Presidents pep talk at the end int he school house is so great—bringing them back together.

Toby’s handgesture there to Bruno…I’m not entirely sure that was polite. :stuck_out_tongue:

Leo is smart. If Bruno and his team had not been brought in, they staff would have probablly derailed the campaigned out passive aggressive internal anger.

Love Bruno’s chat with Josh. Shows that Bruno is even more saavy than Josh with election strategy.

This is typical Josh here, and Sam’s guilty of it too from time to time. He gets so wrapped up in his convictions that he can’t see the benefit of the advice everyone around him gives.

Yup. It’s the old two edge sword thing. That self confidence is necessary otherwise they couldn’t do their difficult jobs, but it causes them to get self righteous at the wrong time sometimes.

Okay, back when this episode aired it probably was hard to find a Starbucks in NH, now there’s plenty. I could drive to three within 15 minute of my house.

Leo mentions the Boston Globe. NH newspapers have marginal significance—local significance. Gotta talk the Boston Globe for national coverage.

Do you watch Californication? Rob Lowe and Evan Handler (Doug) together on that show are hilarious. it colors how I see them on WW even though their characters are the complete opposite of Sam and Doug.