The West Wing S2E06--The Portland Trip

The West Wing S2E06–The Portland Trip

The President, Toby, Sam, CJ, and Charlie are on a long, nighttime plane ride, and Bartlet allows his imagination to take flight. CJ, who dissed Notre Dame just before a big game, is forced to wear an ND hat and lead the press corps in the fight song. She’s understandably disappointed to learn that Air Force One has no escape hatch. Sam is having serious trouble writing, and he and Toby start over on the speech while arguing over 100,000 new teachers and Chairman Mao. Charlie weighs in with an innovative suggestion, and it falls to Toby to rein the President in. Meanwhile back in Washington, Margaret worries that Leo will fall off the wagon when his divorce papers arrive, and Josh insults a date-bound Donna, then debates a homophobic bill – and party affiliations – with gay Republican Senator Matt Skinner.

[i]CJ: You were accepted at Harvard, Yale, and Williams. Why did you go to Notre Dame?

Bartlet: Because I was thinking about becoming a priest.

CJ: Really?

Bartlet: Yeah.

CJ: What happened?

Bartlet: I met Abbey.

CJ: Why don’t you ever give me answers like that when we’re running for something?

Bartlet: Because I like to bother you. [/i]

Launch. All systems go!

Woot woot! This is a great way to start the week. :slight_smile:

Yes!

These Air Force One episodes are special. Nice change of scene.

Do women really do that? Buy a dress, wear it, and then return it?

Allison Janney towers over all the guys :smiley:

When we need a dress and are dead broke, absolutely. It’s tacky and generally frowned upon, but 7/10 women have done this at least once. I’d be in the 7. :wink:

I saw that, I think she was standing on a step or something. She’s tall but she’s not THAT tall, is she?

Seriously. How could they NOT have Fresca?

It looked like she was standing on a step, but she never stepped up or down in that scene. It might just be a weird camera angle.

I know they stlll make Fresca, but I don’t very often see it in stores. Do you?

Yep. All the time! It might just be a southern thing.

Donna looks so pretty. But she eats like a bird. :frowning:

“Margaret worries if the sun is gonna rise.” I’m a worrywart like that too when it comes to people I care about.

Google tells me that Allison Janney is 6 ft exactly. Tall for a woman, but not extreme. (One inch shorter than me)

“No policy shifts and no new initiatives. I promise you.” She should really stop doing that.

Rob Lowe’s listed at 5’11". It must’ve been a step.

Awesome humorous character moment— Donna weirdly jealous of Ainsley

Congressman Matt’s approach to this legislation is very unique. I’m enjoying the unexpected POV

Poeple don’t seem to get that the seperation of church and state is what’s allowed religon to thrive in this country.

I don’t like religion very much, but if I did I’d be greatful that the USA didn’t have a State “Church of England” kind of religion

Once again, Charlie’s input is seen as valuable and worth consideration. :slight_smile: