The West Wing S2E04--In This White House

Okay, I see what you’re saying. Good point.

Te he he. I love Charlie’s zing at the Pres.

Sometimes I think it’d be nice if many of the Rebulicans moved to Vancouver. :slight_smile: But then I get over it.

A real strength of this show is that there’s good Republicans and bad Republicans. Good Democrats and bad Republicans.

That said, If I was a rightwinger I probably wouldn’t watch the show though so I’d never know that.

That. That right there is one of the many reasons why you’re awesome. The ability to say that without prejudice is what makes a guy a GREAT GUY. :slight_smile:

Heh. Think you mistyped it, but I still agree. :wink:

This is what I love about Toby. He’s not afraid to say the hard truth.

Thank you. I am a dude, so it’s hard not to view thing from a male perspective.

Another example: Bartlett and Leo refer to Ainsley at “that girl”. “Girl” meant seem offensive, but when you’re 30 years older than a woman it’s hard not to think of someone as a "girl.’ But, still it is offensive from the woman’s point of view.

Ooops. Yup. You get what I mean.

This scene with Leo and Ainsley is pure fun.

I totally agree. “Girl”, when referring to a woman, is offensive and, at times, dismissive. But older women refer to young men as “boys” as well. And it can be just as offensive and dismissive. Everyone’s just needs to be more respectful.

CURSE YOU CSI MIAMI FOR STEALING AINSLEY AWAY!!!

I don’t often hear older woman refer to men that are 25 to 35 as “boys”, but I feel like they should to make men see how it feels.

The heartbreaking thing about this entire pharmaceutical summit is that nothing will come of it, even if they agreed to terms. :frowning:

We do it on the phone and at our Supersecret Ladymeetings. :wink:

Yes indeed. There’s been a lot of progress since then, but still it’s bad.

How does CJ get to have an exercise bike in her office?

Oh that THAT’s why you ladies go to the bathroom in pairs.

“They don’t own wristwatches. They can’t tell time.” Until I watched this ep, it never occurred to me that time was such a hindrance. But it absolutely is.

Education…it’s universally what will make everything better.

Santorum wants less of it. :frowning:

ExacTly! That and to swap lipstick. :wink:

Oh wait…shhhhhh you didn’t hear that from me.

Someone wrote a fan fic script where Ainsley goes jogging every day and she says a guy jogging from far away and she thinks he’s hot. And is mortified to find out that the guy is “Sam”.

Ainsley’s badge is a red letter A. :eek:

I know that all White House guests get that badge, but it’s just glaring on Ainsley.