The West Wing S2E04--In This White House

The West Wing S2E04–In This White House

When a confident Sam (Rob Lowe) is outmatched by a novice Republican adviser, Ainsley Hayes (Emily Procter) on a political point-counterpoint television program, an impressed President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) offers to hire her as assistant White House counsel despite her party affiliation-- a bold move that sends shock waves through the resentful staff. Elsewhere, Toby (Richard Schiff) and Josh (Bradley Whitford) attend a deadlocked White House summit between representatives of pharmaceutical companies and the leaders of AIDS-ravaged African nations to discuss the high price and availability of much-needed drugs. However, the President is concerned for the safety of President Nimbala (Zakes Mokae), the eloquent leader of one of the nations, after news spreads about a bloody coup back home in his country

AINSLEY HAYES! Woohoo! Pressing play…

Woot! Love that Ainsley Hayes

Having a little bit of technical difficulties. Can you pause?

As my 9 yr old likes to say… “you just got pwned…by words.” :smiley:

“Sam’s getting his ass kicked by a girl.”
“Ginger get the popcorn.” :smiley:

But of course!

If we restart at 9:15 I should be good.

Okey dokey artichokey.

Play (back at beginning)

Ok starting over

Grrrrr this Mark guy is such a douche. All he sees is blonde hair and legs. This makes Ainsley’s smackdown all the more sweet.

TV Anchor is condescending to Ainsley but he has good reason to be, I mean she hasn’t done TV before— I would be nervous to have her on my show.

Yah she’s a tv noob, but he was condescending instead of nervous.

He seems like a douche at first. But I dunno. He seems like a reasonable dude. He wasn’t really being sexist. Ainsley never has been on TV and he’s got a show to do.

“Please let the, not be watching.” :smiley: Fat chance.

It’s his job to be nervous on the inside and put on his game face. Once he realizes Ainsley’s got game he’s turned around on her and know’s he’s got good TV.

“Sam’s being beat up by a girl.”

Right before he and Sam went on set, all he said about Ainsley was that she was a blonde. A leggy blonde. A leggy Republican blonde. Notice how when Sam asked him who he got, he named six guys before he said “We got a (pause) woman.” Yeah he was being a little sexist.

He definitely turned around, but he was underestimating her for 2 reasons. Not just 1.

Okay. When you’re right. You’re right. :slight_smile:

Ouch, this arc with the president of the African country…so heartbreaking.