The West Wing S2E01 --In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 1)

The West Wing S2E01 --In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 1)

From TVGuide.com:
The Bartlet Administration is in chaos—an assassination attempt has left the White House (not to mention the country) reeling. Who was hit? Was anyone killed? Who did it? And why? The producers won’t say. What they will say, though, is that the episode includes flashbacks detailing how the Administration came to be. Oh, and one more thing: there’s a downed fighter pilot in Iraq.

From NBC:
All the President’s (Martin Sheen) men and women scramble in the chaotic wake of an assassination attempt that leaves some victims fighting for their lives. Meanwhile, as a manhunt continues, the wounded drift in and out of surgery recalling how Bartlet’s team came together during the dark months of his longshot primary campaign. Elsewhere, the press department is hounded by the media for details of the shooting while a military crisis looms in Iraq.

Don’t know if you’re available today Kim, with Monday holiday and all, but I figured I’d set it up just in case.

I’m available, but ive been having internet connection problems. I tweeted you a few minutes ago. How’s 9?

9is good! See ya shortly

Play! Intense episode

so many edge-of-your-seat moments here in the beginning

They really capture the confusion and urgency of the moment

Did you notice that when the ER nurse is on the red phone and turns to see the Pres limo pull up, she silently mounths the words “Oh Sh%t”

And a father’s concern for his child.

HA! I’ve never noticed that. Definitely worth a rewatch lol

Yup. That’s the first thing I’d be saying. Also about how mad my wife would be at me :slight_smile:

It’s brilliant writing to blend the flashbacks with the current situation. Otherwise this would be such an unberably dark and tense episode …pair of episodes…all the way through.

I remember when I first saw this episode, how frustrated I was by these flashbacks. At the end, I was in love.

The $58 million that Hoynes has in his war chest is about the same as what Romney has in his now.

Absolutely. I wish we had these POVs in season 1, but this S2 premiere is a superior way of doing it.

Well, lets hope that Romney’s success at becoming president equals Hoynes. :wink:

Josh and Sam’s bro-hug. :smiley:

I like that Sam and Josh were BFFs before the beginning.

I’m pretty sure this the first time we meet Nancy. I love Nancy. She is so bad ass.

I love HER! And she definitely didn’t look like an idiot in that dress.

Oh Donna

It would be tough to make Nancy look like an idiot in anything.

Oh the shock on Donna’s face is heartbreaking.