The West Wing - S2 E22 - Two Cathedrals

The West Wing - S2 E22 - Two Cathedrals

On the day of Mrs. Landingham’s funeral, the staff deals with a Haitian presidential crisis and the law suit against the big tobacco companies, and Bartlet must decide about running for reelection.

Thread started for 8 am.

Start without me if I’m not there exactly at 8.

Go! This episode must have won an award right?

Leo knows his friend. He know all along that Bartlett is going to run again, even though the Pres himself didn’t know.

Charlie “Is there anything else you need Mr. President”

(and as they walk by Mrs. Landingham’s desk) President: “I need pallbearers”. Awww…Ouch

Abbey looks so great in that hat.

Kimmeh, I’ll stop here and we’ll do this Monday. I’m assuming you’re not around.
Hope you had a good day :slight_smile:

I have recently spent several months watching west wing for the first time. I have really enjoyed all of it and am currently on season seven. That being said, this episode was a standout for me. I loved the President Bartlet backstory with Mrs Landingham, and I especially liked the end with the storm and the big waving American flag outside the window. One of the most memorable moments of the series for me.

Looking forward to more West Wing talk!

On another note, Thotfulguy, I heard you are a Patrick Obrien fan? British Navy, ships of the line etc. Would love to start a thread.

Durzo

Yes! Really a special episode. And after two seasons of great stuff, you really feel for the characters and are upset that it all can come crashing down.

I also loved that Dire Straits song long before West Wing ever was, so that was perfect.

Yes! I’m a huge Patrick O’brian fan! I’m sure I’ve talk about it on some thread on the forum in past. Maybe I’ll try to find that thread and bump it.

Here’s the Age of Sail thread I was thinking of http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?11209-Age-of-Sail-Geeking&p=295153&viewfull=1#post295153

Bumpin this thread in case we need it this morn…

Bumpin this thread for 9 am

Pressing play…

I’ve missed this sniffle

woo hoo! We are back baby. Go!

Everyone’s in black. This ep is gutwrenching. :frowning: And of course CJ has the sarcastic joke of the day.

Hati is gonna get bumped to the lifestyle section

“Gonna be a light day, I think we should go shopping.”

Flash back scenes are brilliant. So great to see young Jed and young Mrs. Landingham

Notice the we see Dolores’s empty desk at the exact moment Bartlett says “I need pallbearers”

There are few shows that use flashbacks as effectively as WW. Love this moment where Jed and Delores first meet.

Do we have any backstory on Jed’s mom? WW focuses on fathers mostly.

Very little info about Jed’s mom. His Catholisim comes from his mom, that’s all we know. I’m guess his humor and heart are all from his mom’s side.