The West Wing - S2 E22 - Two Cathedrals

Just a warning. Water might leak out from my eye sockets during this episode. It’s a normal reaction. :slight_smile:

Abby looks like witch and awesome in the hat

I’m way ahead of ya Thot. passes hanky

• grabs hanky * Thanks hun.

Imagine the pressure for Charlie doing a reading at a big funeral like that. But he steps up

“If you want to convince me of something, show me numbers.” :slight_smile: I’m like that too. Numbers and order.

Love the hands in the pocket clue. Good TV.

I’m not like that. I’m more like “show me words, show my you can articulate it”

Charlie always steps up. :slight_smile:
I was just thinking about the scene in the limo where Abby’s talking about the drunk driver. That girl must’ve been shaking in her boots when she was told that she killed the presidents personal secretary.

Oh big scene here…

Barlett’s rant in the Cathedral against God. Has there ever been a better example of acting, writing, music and plot converging to something amazing?

it’s clear that Bartlett never really liked or disliked smoking------ cigarrettes have always been a pyschological F you to his dad

Which is why you’re the writer and I’m the math teacher. :stuck_out_tongue: I wish I was a better writer.

So I’ve not thot hard about this before---- Bartlett decides to not run and tells the staff that.

But it really is the ghost (in his mind) of Mrs. Landigham that changes his mind.

It’s ironic. I took a LOT of math in college cuz I majored in engineering. But now I have no interest in numbers… don’t even do my own taxes.

It’s not just that Bartlett’s dad hits Jed it’s they cold, routine way he hits his son. It’s like … (I’ve hit you before, It’s routine, just expect it, I’m not even worked up about it.) What a dick, what a monster. :frowning:

That scene is all kinds of epic and in all the years that I’ve watched this episode, I’ve never thot to look up the translation of what Jed was saying.

“Am I to believe these things from a righteous god, a just god, a wise god?
To hell with your punishments!
I was your servant, your messenger on the earth; I did my duty.
To hell with your punishments!
And to hell with you!”

Of course he cursed God in Latin. Of course. Genius.

I remember being totally startled when I first saw ghost Dolores on screen. I was like “woah, WTF!” took me a moment to realize what was going on.

He hit Jed like it was second nature. Prick.

Wow! I never looked that up either. That is awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

Okay. This Dire Straits song. I bought that album years ago when it first came out…way before West Wing of course.
And I loved that album and song so much…listen to it over and over…everyday commuting to work.

“But if you don’t run because you think it’s too hard or you’re gonna lose, well God, Jed. I don’t even want to know you.”

She wasn’t just the big sister he never had. She was the angel sitting on his shoulder, shouting down his inner demons. I need more tissue now.