The West Wing - S2 E18 - 17 People

The West Wing - S2 E18 - 17 People

Toby, suspicious that there’s something going on with the President, finds out about Bartlet’s MS and informs Leo of the legal ramifications; Josh and Donna disagree about the date of their “anniversary”; Sam and Ainsley argue about the necessity of the ERA; staffers struggle to punch-up the speech the President will give at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Starting. Toby and the ball. Nice device

Ha! Leo tells Toby motto give it along thot AFTER he’s been stewing about it for 2 days already.

I hate when Toby’s in deep conflict with the other characters. This ep and season 7 make my tummy hurt. It got really dusty in here when Josh and Toby fought. :frowning:

Yup. I caught the irony of that.

Camping in Killington , VT? Killington is known for skiing not camping but okay

Yes! Damn, and that wasn’t just a disagreement fight …that was nasty build up of kinda hate toward each other.

Ainsley…love her. And her quirky love of food makes me love her more.

Leo: Toby, take it easy in there. (meaning: I know you’re about to lose your shit, but don’t flip out on the President). :stuck_out_tongue:

Toby’s self-righteous anger and coldness here. I’m not happy about it, he should have a little human compassion for Bartlett

I think Jed even points out that Toby didn’t ask how he was doing.

In contrast remember when Leo learned about the MS? Leo was devastated and filled with emotion. I know Toby and Bartlett aren’t the same kinda friends, but still.

Yup. I’d be pissed too. This isn’t easy for Jed either.

Definitly intentional in this episode that the President is handling a crisis. The idea is to show the audience that the President is still the President and on top of things.

Gotta love Charlie. He never violates the Bartlets’ privacy.

Donna’s little smile there when Ainsley is pushing back quoting the 14t Amendment…Donna respects Ainsley’s ability to go toe to toe with the guys.

As an audience we don’t know…and Leo doesn’t know that Charile already knows. We find that out a couple episodes from now.

Toby’s questioning the President as if he were a special prosecutor taking a deposition.

Aaaaaand now he’s got his rantypanties on.

That’s a useful skill but…now’s not the time Toby. Be a team player and human being first Toby.

Toby is probably deeply scarred by all the secrets of his father.

(snort) rantypanties. :slight_smile:

I just LOVE Ainsley. She’s so so smart and capable and fiesty BUT she can be fooled by Sam about the All Night Pastry Chef