The West Wing - S2 E17 - The Stackhouse Filibuster

The West Wing - S2 E17 - The Stackhouse Filibuster

The staff is blindsided when an elderly senator stages a Friday night filibuster to block their Family Wellness bill; Toby is confused when VP Hoynes, a strong supporter of the oil industry, volunteers to give a speech attacking the energy sector; CJ tries to locate a valuable Egyptian cat goddess statue given to the President.

Bumping this thread in case we need it this morning

Bumping this thread for 9am this morn

That’s a whole lotta bumping :eek: I’m glad we can finally get back the the West Wing :slight_smile:

Hittin play. The Mr and Mrs Bartlett fight goes on

I love CJ saying “about 20 recipes”, and for a moment Sam really wants to beleive she knows

“The Jets and the Mets” “I’m joking when I do this.”

They give CJ some pretty great lines in this one.

CJ’s face when she thinks about that statue is…oh sh!t :stuck_out_tongue:

Hoynes is so transparent here. Grasping for power and condescending as usual.

That recipe for Ginger Green Apple Pie sounds good btw

I have a hard time completly hating Hoynes, but he is pretty power hungry and arrogant

When you spend so many hours and hours in your office, probably refreshing for Sam just to have a change of scene and hahang out in the White House mess for a bit

I actually depend on GAO reports all the time for information

Sam frequently gets yelled at by women. 'Tis amusing. :slight_smile:

I don’t totally hate Hoynes either, but it’s a close thing. He’s so arrogant that he thinks he’d never get busted for being such a sleazebag.

Have you seen any that seemed unnecessary?

Donna and CJ: Criminal Minds :smiley:

No, but if I looked I probably could. But I like the idea of the institution: a watchdog agency keeping an eye on how efficient the gorvernment is in everything.

LOL. CJ’s voice—she sounds really scared talking about Cat Godessess

I’d watch that show

Yeah, at this point in the series you can find some respect for him.

But when you get to Season 6(?) we understand he’s kinda pathetic.