The West Wing - S2 E17 - The Stackhouse Filibuster

I do too. The checks and balances need checks and balances.

Did Stackhouse submit the amendment earlier and it got rejected, or did he wait til the day of?

I love the structure of this episode—with CJ, Sam and Josh all writing letters to their parents.

Hmm…I don’t know. I missed the details on that.

Good build up …this arc of Toby trying to figure out what Hoynes is up to. I like it

“…and that we’re not paranoid homophobes in anyway” LOL. Great Leo line.

It’s fun to watch, but we both know that Toby would’ve figured out Hoynes’ plan before now.

Candlelight. French haute cuisine. Your bff. That’s a good time. :slight_smile:

It was stubborn and self-righteous of Stackhouse not to tell the Bartlett Administration. They’re decide people if they’d known Stackhouse had an autistic grandchild, they would have given in in an instant.

Maybe Stackhouse didn’t know that though

Yeah, that’s a good point. Or maybe the whole idea of Bartlett not running for a 2nd term is so horrifying to Toby that he couldn’t instantly accept it.

“My questiion is in 22 parts and might take a while…” If that was a lump in your throat moment, I don’t know what is :slight_smile:

I remember watching this the first time and …I think…learning for the first time that CJ’s first name is Claudia.
Touching that she signs off her letter to her dad with that name.

Excellent point. But only because he doesn’t know about the MS.

This moment on the Senate floor is priceless. It took an enormous amount of faith in his party for Stackhouse to yield the floor (his power). That was a lump-in-the-throat moment.

HIVEMIND! :slight_smile:

Hope you have a great day Thotburger Helper! Ttys :smiley:

HA!! Thotburger Helper. Love that. That’s going in my Twitter profile ASAP.

Thanks, have a great day KimMountOlympus :slight_smile: