The West Wing - S2 E16 - Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail.

The West Wing - S2 E16 - Somebody’s Going to Emergency, Somebody’s Going to Jail

While a contemptuous Toby (Richard Schiff) is assigned to meet with a noisy, unruly mob protesting the World Trade Organization, Donna (Janel Moloney) asks Sam (Rob Lowe) to consider fronting an executive pardon for the grandfather of her friend (Jolie Jenkins) who was imprisoned for espionage in the 1940s. Elsewhere, President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) fumes when there are complications in his plan to select the bucolic – and historic – site for his Presidential library; as part of Bartlet’s tradition of setting aside one day for personal petitions to the White House, C.J. (Allison Janney) must grant an audience to an earnest group of cartographers who want to adopt a new global map that is more respectful of Third World nations; Sam is still smarting over the news of his father’s infidelity.

Spooling up the FTL…

JUMP!

jump. i love how the song ties the ep together. Leo is always first ome in

The lighting + that song = chills

A rare look at the “before the day starts” tone of the West Wing

I want cheese all of a sudden. :stuck_out_tongue:

…and a Wheat Thin the size of Lake Tahoe.

There’s not many times that I don’t want a big hunk o cheese

Ahhhh a gratuitous mention of Bartlet’s elusive brother. Sad that it’s a throwaway.

Yeah, it would have been really cool to meet his brother.

And yup NH does have laws like that. We do like to preserve old buildings.

I think this police offiicer was on Nip/Tuck. Nip/Tuck was a sick wacky show, Didn’t watch the last couple seasons.

I adore Roma Maffia. Excellent casting choice for the policewoman. She’s so snarky and tough.

And now we have Clark Gregg. Fantastic casting.

Sam is doing okay for someone sleep deprived. But he’ll crash eventually

It nosedived into the toilet over those last couple of seasons, but I loved Roma’s character in it.

I love this character Mike. And this actor is great. And he was SO SO funny on New Adventures of Old Christine

Woot! It’s DR PHLOX from Enterprise!!

This world map business is disturbing. :eek: nothing’s where we think it is.

I haven’t seen Enterprise, but I know exacTly who you’re talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sam gets so righteous when he KNOWS he’s right. And furious when he’s proven otherwise.

These folks like very much like Occupy movement folks.

I love Nancy McNally so much.