The West Wing - S2 E15 - Ellie

The West Wing - S2 E15 - Ellie

The President (Martin Sheen) wings back from a Tokyo trade summit, a firestorm of controversy awaits him when Surgeon General Griffith (Mary Kay Place) hints that marijuana should be decriminalized – but Bartlet is even more incensed over his meek middle daughter Ellie’s (Nina Siemaszko) public assurances that her father would never fire Griffith. When he confronts Ellie, the President gets a sobering reality check about their relationship. Elsewhere: Toby (Richard Schiff) floats an idea of putting a controversial Senator on a special commission to study social security reform and encounters resistance to the notion of raising the retirement age; Sam (Rob Lowe) tries to head off the misleading story that the White House refused to screen an incendiary new film promoted by a savvy movie producer.

Gimme a sec. My 'puter froze

Woot! Smoke em if you get em

Pausing. Say when. So you frak from you computer? For the West Wing fraks I sit in front of the TV with my iPad and bluetooth keyboard.

FINALLY! I’m all set. Say when… :slight_smile:

Yep I frak from my computer mostly, but sometimes I watch on the iPad and frak on the iPod.

I love living in the future. :smiley:

When! Whoooosh…we’re off

She really should’ve let Josh write her answers. :stuck_out_tongue: #oops

“Russert’s going to do a segment.”

sniffle :frowning:

It occurs to me that West Wing has done this bit over and over… gonna fire someone and ends up not firing them (Spoiler alert)

Aww… :frowning:

Aside from The Big Chill (great movie) I don’t know this actress from anything

Yes indeedy. We’ve seen it at least 3 times already over the first 2 seasons.

Speaking of seasons, the Season 2 gut-wrenching roller-coaster ride starts with the next episode “Somebody’s going to emergency, somebody’s going to jail”. Gotta stock up on Kleenex.

Oy, You’re right. I’lll nee more Kleenex too.

Note that the in Pilot itself Josh was almost fired for his TV comment.

Wow. POTUS has his own clock? Makes sense I guess

Everyone calling her Eleanor is so formal and forced ugh. It’s Ellie dammit :frowning: It’s a small thing but it’s driving me nuts.

First time we saw Toby’s ex wife in that other episiode she had her hair up.
She looks 10x more beautiful with it down.

E Cannibis Unim :stuck_out_tongue: hehehe I’m twelve

I bet it drives Ellie crazy too. But as a parent, yeah I’d call her Eleanor when she was misbehaving

She really does. So much more flattering.

President can be a dick sometimes. A very human character though.