The West Wing - S2 E14 - The War at Home

The West Wing - S2 E14 - The War at Home

As the crisis surrounding the captured DEA agents becomes increasingly worse, Bartlet authorizes a rescue, but the rescue attempt doesn’t go as planned. C.J. continues to deal with the fallout of the merited police officer’s accused beating while Toby deals with a Senator who threatens to run for President as a third-party candidate after the State of the Union’s Social Security reform changes. Meanwhile, Sam arranges for Ainsley to meet the President, but she fails to make a good impression; Bartlet and Abbey talk about possibly running for a second term; and Josh finally gets the poll results from Joey Lucas all while being urged by Donna to ask her out.

We are GO!

I wonder if this is where the first show him smoking. I know they mentioned the Pres buming a cig on Air Force One,

I think so. I don’t remember him smoking anytime before this.

This stuff is for sure the toughest part of being Pres. Decisions have to made in real time, and lives depend on you. People ccan die even whe you’re right

Did he just call Leo a wussy? Lol

There are emotional moments like Bartlett with the chessboard where I feel like Martin Sheen is being Martin Sheen…really feeling the pain and fear of soldiers dying and facing that as an American

It must be brutal at times to know that you best plans can’t save lives.

Yes, And also that the best laid plans sometimes have to risk lives.

Yeah, IT’s AINSLEY!!

Yes. Especially in this situation where the fallout of this rescue is unexpected and devastating.

AINSLEY! Her nervousness over meeting the Pres is just the right amount of humor in this serious episode.

Seth Gillette character is an example of why West Wing is great. It’s not afraid to show obnoxious arrogant polititians on the Left as well as noble decent ones on the Right. Mixing it up a bit.

Ed Begley’s character is a huge jerk here. With friends like that, who needs anemones. :stuck_out_tongue:

Abby…that was the angriest “I AM YOUR WIFE AND LOVE YOU” I’ve ever heard. LOL

Nice. It never gets old. And we know Toby can slap him down.

Ainsley seems short next to Sam and VERY short next to CJ

Joshua and Josephine Lucas-Lyman. ded :smiley:

Martin Sheen is doing some great acting here. Normally he’d be doing chippy funny banter in the Ainsley scene but he’s got big big things weighing on his heart and mind.

Oh no! Poor Ainsley. That is truly mortifying.

His reaction to the downed Blackhawk. Amazing.

I forgot what an intense episode this is. It’s gripping.