The West Wing S1E19--Let Bartlet Be Bartlet

The West Wing S1E19–Let Bartlet Be Bartlet

Rumors percolate about a scathing memo that outlines the weaknesses of President Bartlet’s (Martin Sheen) administration for his political rival and grip the White House, until C.J. (Allison Janney) learns it came from one of the trusted staff. Now in someone else’s possession, C.J. finally tracks it down to one reporter and tries to dissuade him from publishing it. Meanwhile, Sam (Rob Lowe) and Toby (Richard Schiff) meet with opposing military officers and congressmen to discuss amending the current “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy towards gays in the armed forces. When two members of the Federal Election Commission resign, Josh (Bradley Whitford) sees opportunity and moves fast to meet with contentious senator’s staffers to suggest that the President appoint two campaign finance reformers as replacements instead of those wanted by the Senate leadership. Leo (John Spencer) not only has trouble with the White House’s faulty e-mail system, he confronts the President and issues a challenge that could define or destroy his administration.

Play!! “Is it gonna rain?”

Play --again…Wake up Kimmeh :slight_smile:

I’m awake. Grumblegrumblegrumble

It’s fun watching the smartest and most powerful poeple in the world having daily screw ups.
We’re all human

Magnificent vista lol. Oops :slight_smile:

Sometimes in this early era of the show, Donna is used as a device to explain to the audience what’s what.

Makes me feel less embarrassed for my squirrel-like memory.

Yup, Cj you are delicious and delightful

I knew you were thinking that. :smiley:

And with a piece of paper, so begins construction in Mandyville. :frowning:

This raisin muffin moment is a classic Margret moment. And then later when Toby teases saying “I’ll take the muffin down tto lab.”

Mandy is so political that she is really upset about the memo, cuz she knows how good she is.

Gotta say… It’s much easier to stomach watching this DOD meeting now, knowing that “don’t ask don’t tell” is a thing of the past.

I know! This is the first time I’ve watched this ep since that stupid DADT rule was repealed.
Things are slow to change. Someday we’ll even have a black President :wink:

I enjoy seeing Josh get riled up. he’s got a creative and sneaky mind. Congressmen shouldn’t bait him. :slight_smile:

:smiley: that still blows me away. I’m so glad that my grandmother lived to see President Obama.

Try. Josh has his own kind of brilliance. They all have their own kind of brilliance combined with flaws. Rich charcaters.

That’s awesome.

This group is clearly smart enough to know their weakness and are frustrated with the administration’s current direction and pacing. As demonstrated by Mandy and Josh’s convo. :frowning: