The West Wing S1E19--Let Bartlet Be Bartlet

Senator dude “It’s an honor to meet you sir.”

Admrial Fitzwallace “I imagine it would be.”

Percy Fitzwallace. :smiley: The absolute best.

“It did disrupt the unit. You know what, the unit got over it.”

Change isn’t nearly as scary as the anticipation of change is. If that makes any sense.

Well said. Fear of change. Fear of the future. We need to be bold with this sort of thing.

Richard Schiff’s comic timing is perfect. Plays his mocking with Margret so perfect

Are you old enough to remember that actor on Good Times? Classic golden age of TV.

Exhillarating scence here wite Leo and Bartlett. Great drama great turn around that changes the gear of the show for the nnext several episodes.

He’s ossim! Btw, I listened to his episode of the Adam Carolla show. You coulda warned me about the breast milk convo :D. He’s a naturally funny guy. Very dry, but funny.

Ha! I forgot about the breast milk think. Carolla’s podcast is only good these days when he has a good guest that can banter well. Otherwise Adam just rants and repeats his same stories.

Oh of course! The first time I saw him on WW, I yelled “damn damn damn”. (from the ep when James died)

I love this moment with Leo and Jed. I’m fired up now! WOO!

"I serve at the pleasure of the President. "

Did you just get chills? Cuz I just got chills. :slight_smile:

Of course. And I also said “I serve at the pleasure of the President” …but a little too loudly. I scared the dog. :wink:

Wow. Good memory!

I truly admire John Amos for his objections to the characters and characterizations of black people on Good Times. As iconic as that show is, it did absolutely nothing to improve the contry’s view of African Americans at a time in our history when negative stereotypes flourished.

Once again, thx for a great frak of a great episode, Thotfulldude. Have a great Valentine’s day! :smiley:

Definitely. It was blanted stereotyping for laughs (though admittedly pretty good laughs).
Did John Amos leave the show because of his objections? Excuse my ignorance, I didn’t know the circumstances.
Of course, being a kid I thot he really died. :slight_smile:

Thanks KimPossible. You have a great Valentines day too!

His objections to the writing ultimately go him fired