The West Wing S1E05--The Crackpots and These Women

Yay! It’s big block of cheese day! :smiley:

I wonder if Pres Obama plays pickup games with his staff…and brings in NBA players for substitutes. Lol!

Steffi Graf! Hehehe

“Let the poets write about that there, Byron!”

What’s the point of being President if you can’t cheat. :wink:

Did Andrew Jackson really have a 2 ton hunk 'o fromage in his office? I’m guessing no. strolls to wikipedia :cool:

ONE of the underground command centers? Wow. Washington has many secrets. :eek:

This ep really gives us insight into how strongly Josh feels for his work “family”.

Pausing…

Morning! :smiley:

DM me on Twitter when you’re ready. I know you’ve got work stuff. :slight_smile:

Toby just can’t shut up, can he? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry again. Sent you another DM. Something else came up, so I gotta bail.

Kk no problemo.

Also, the bigass block o chees ewas real. :eek:

The Cheshire Mammoth Cheese

The Cheshire Mammoth Cheese was first made and presented to President Thomas Jefferson on January 1, 1802 by John Leland. Leland considered the cheese an act of “profound respect…to the popular ratification of his election.” The book Real Life at the White House[1] confirms that this story draws on actual events. Supporters of Andrew Jackson, not wanting Jefferson to outshine him, sent him in 1837 a 1,400-pound, four-foot-diameter, two-foot-thick (635 kg, 1.2 m diameter, 60 cm thick) block of cheese as a gift.[2] After two years of aging, he held a public “cheese tasting”. The event was heavily attended, and the cheese was consumed in two hours.

I’m pushing play right at the 8:30 am mark. Wooot! Big block of cheese day!

Ah, by this episode they have the stronger version of the opening theme music

Restarting at 8:35 …I got your DM

Josh’s face when he asks about his staff Omg

I know. I was just thinking the same thing. Brilliant acting brilliant writing.

Toby=Coney Island. Killjoy

I like that this UFO guy comes back in a latter episode

Te he he. Sheen does a hint of New England accent here. Don’t know if it was intentional.

Their reactions to the chili are priceless :smiley: