The only game that can challenge ME3 as my most wanted of the year! (Skyrim)

Hey, welcome fellow hoarder! I basically looted the area around Whiterun to get enough money to buy that house before moving onto the rest of the game. It is worth looting the area to decorate it as well. LOTS of places to store stuff, not just one crappy chest and the floor.

I HATE having to sell stuff I just might maybe perhaps on the off chance need some time later but can’t carry now. Much easier to throw it in the house only to realize that when you did need it you were a million miles away.

Still loving this game! Though only one dragon killed so far.

Dragon battles are a random encouter once you do the first quest related dragon battle in Whiterun. I fought my second one in Riften. It was easy because there were a dozen guards firing arrows at it. Not sure if they only attack cities, or if you face them alone in the widerness, but keep your eyes peeled, they’re coming when you least suspect them.

Oh you run into them in the wild. My second encounter was on a mountain pass with 10 feet between sheer cliff face and dizzying fall. Nowhere to run = crispy wood elf and reload.

OMG I’m A WEREWOLF. I love this game.

So I decided to have a innocent drinking contest. Results:

I wake up to find myself in a mysterious shrine, in a far away city. Now I have to pick up the pieces of my adventure which included a goat, a giant and a staff…no joke. :eyebrow:

I just got a mission from a talking dog with a New York accent. The first part of a mission is the dog leading you to a shrine, the second part requires you to hunt down an item to bring to the shrine. I may not finish this mission ever since the dog now follows me around as my companion, and I don’t want him to leave.

Just a quick question to gauge where people stand. I am about 6-8 hours in, so I’m not sure how the story plays out, but imperials or stormcloaks?

[spoiler]I had a conversation with the widow of the High King who was assassinated by Ulrich of the Stormcloaks. I can’t remember the exact wording but she stated that Ulrich came in “shouting,” and the rest of the description was pretty clear. This leads me to believe he is dragonborn as well. Up until now I hadn’t really fallen on either side of the war, but if the leader of the Stormcloaks is a fellow Dragonborn than I’m siding with them.[/spoiler]

Listen to what the Grey Beards say very closely about shouts and who can learn them

I doubt we’ll have to choose very soon, unless you were to just do the main storyline. I will need quite a bit more info before deciding, but as of now I’m leaning Stormcloaks. I don’t think you can buy a house in the towns till you become part of that faction.

The answer to Stormcloaks vs Imperials is easy. IMPERIALS ARE LED BY COLONEL FRAKKIN TIGH

It’s official, since my purchase of this game, I’ve now spent more time in Skyrim than I have at work.

I went Stormloaks, really enjoyed our Guerrilla campaign to take back Skyrim!!!

anyone done the Dark Brotherhood missions yet? While I don’t think they were as good as Oblivion…I really did enjoy them

and a couple of those characters in it…good Lord AWESOME

I’ve started the Dark Brotherhood but I won’t be pursuing the missions until I finish up business in Windhelm. I’m told that the best house in the game is in Windhelm, and the Dark Brotherhood quest line borks your ability to get this particular house. Sad to hear that the Dark Brotherhood questline is a step down from Oblivion’s. I felt that it was the best part of Oblivion and in all my playthroughs would save it until last.

The Thieves Guild has been most enjoyable. It’s been profitable, as well as exciting.

Courtesy of the Howl with Laughter thread.

Honestly I liked the Thieves Guild better in both games. But the Clue mission was the best quest in either

I haven’t picked it up yet, but I probably will. How is the conversation system, both Oblivion and Morrowind were a little clunky. I’m possibly spoiled by Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Also what about leveling up, have they got rid of that ridiculous system where all the bad guys level up with you?

Just got an early birthday present from my sister in law (whom I previously hated, now I slightly loathe). She got me skyrim. I no longer have to hit up the redbox and argue with myself at 8:30 every night about taking it back. Now I can really delve into the game and explore it without fear. contentment

I just wanted to point out that I have about 65 hours of time logged in Skyrim and I’ve only done 2 missions for the main quest…and I still have about 20 quests booked up to do before I finally come around to doing the main quest…you really get a good value in terms of playtime for the money in Skyrim

can’t wait to see what DLC they’re going to offer

for the most part yes, though every once and a while you’ll find a ‘normal’ enemy that is just so much tougher than the other 5 you just downed with one hit but it’s not as bad as Oblivion in terms of level scaling