The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey NYC Meetup

Well It’s December and the Hobbit is a coming. Think we can get a meetup for it in NYC all? Considering this one book is now a 3 pic film series. We are going to be busy seeing all of it. Nevermind the 9 min roll of the new Star trek Into Darkness footage being shown with this. :smiley: Lets get dates and times to make this happen. BTW we need to make this an Imax showing to see the into darkness stuff.

I’m in favor of this!! (my mom might come too)…just not Dec 15th, that’s my 40th birthday party :o

I was just thinking we were due a movie too!

Ok that’s 2 Now we need to get some of the others up on this. Going first day would be great but too crazy. Have to look at other times.

Hmmmmm, an expensive flight to NY to enjoy it most early on the night from Thursday-Friday with friends or watch it here on Wednesday…CHOICES…

I’d like to go.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/06/list-of-imax-theaters-showing-9-minute-into-darkness-preview-available-now/

Not playing at lincoln square imax. BOOOO

It is playing at the AMC Loews 34th Street 14 & IMAX though. :slight_smile:
Also playing at the theater near my house that I usually go to. Who wants to do the meetup on Long Island?! :smiley:

There is a good possibility I would one up for this…,did we decide when? Have we put it on Twitter or Facebook as well for those that don’t come here as often?

Not that I know of. I don’t know many of us on Facebook or twitter, so somebody who does should put this out there.

Probably makes sense to pick at least a tentative date…thoughts on which weekend?

I sent a tweet, if I get responses I’ll create an event on Facebook.

Reading back it looks like either Sunday of opening weekend, or the next weekend would be better. The weekend befor Christmas would be better for me…but it is pretty close to Christmas.

Can’t do this upcoming weekend…birthday madness is gonna have me all over, but I can do the 22nd if we so choose

I would be ok for the 15th, but if we don’t do it then lets do it on the 22ed.

Have to agree. I don’t have a problem with the 15th, but i know some here do. So I can wait another week the 22nd would be fine. Lets hear from the others.

Do we have times if we choose the 22nd (which I’m hoping for)…got a friend who might meet us there too

Next weekend sounds good to me. So Dec 22nd it is…now to figure out a time. I may go to a play at 8, so earlyish in the afternoon would be best.

Hobbit was great, you guys are gonna have a blast

When are you going to come to one of these?

Looks like there are no movies times for the 22ed yet.

I’ve been to ones before, money’s just tight

Wow, I’m shocked by that…I assume we’re going to try for our normal noon-ish time?
Early is better since that area’s gonna be chaos this time of year…

Hey all, wish I could join you, unfortunately I work in retail and we won’t be calming down till Feburary. Have fun and I hope to see all of you in the spring. ( i.e. the new Star Trek movie…)