The Big Bang Theory!

(didn’t know if this was the right forum for it)

I can’t believe no one talked about #TBBT in the forums, excellent show that every geek must watch.

Yesterday’s episode had Crusher from ST:TNG as a guest and the episode ended with
[spoiler]Sheldon doing a khaaaaan-like scream[/spoiler]

I just finished watching the first season over the weekend. Very funny show. Jim Parsons is hysterical (the whole cast is really, but him especially) and Kaley Cuoco is stunning. Definitely a show worth getting into.

Yeah, we’ve been talking about it. Not recently, but we have been talking about. And trying to convince Chuck to give it another chance…

http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?t=4811

Also, “Game over, Moon Pie!”

Loved that Will was wearing the Penny Arcade shirt!

I am not sure if I live under a very big rock, or just don’t pay attention to things. but i stumbled onto the lyrics from the big bang theory and was supriised it was the Bare naked ladies.
here are the lyrics to the entire song if anyone is interested.

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait…
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!

“Since the dawn of man” is really not that long,
As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song.
A fraction of a second and the elements were made.
The bipeds stood up straight,
The dinosaurs all met their fate,
They tried to leap but they were late
And they all died (they froze their asses off)
The oceans and pangea
See ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya
Set in motion by the same big bang!

It all started with the big BANG!

It’s expanding ever outward but one day
It will cause the stars to go the other way,
Collapsing ever inward, we won’t be here, it wont be hurt
Our best and brightest figure that it’ll make an even bigger bang!

Australopithecus would really have been sick of us
Debating out while here they’re catching deer (we’re catching viruses)
Religion or astronomy, Encarta, Deuteronomy
It all started with the big bang!

Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology
It all started with the big bang!
It all started with the big BANGBarenaked Ladies - The Big Bang Theory Lyrics @ LyricsTime.com

also found the mp3 here

I have loved this show from the start, although this season Sheldon seems a little more forced. I still think it is the funniest show on right now.

That line ‘Neanderthals developed tools, we built a wall’ makes me laugh every single time. Im not sure why, but the thought of neanderthals using tools only to have a wall be their most impressive accomplishment is hysterical.

The only reason i watch the show is for Sheldon. I still find the show insulting in a way towards geeks. Also i really dont like Kaley. I didnt like her on 8 simple rules nor do i care about her here. But i do think Sheldon is a blast and is worht tolerating the show for. And last nights WW cameo was great

Love BBT! While it is a little rough on the geek stereotypes, just hearing Sheldon go off on a Spock tangent, or listening to the gang discuss sci-fi references is absolutely priceless. And Kaley’s grown on me in the past season, she’s a lot less mean lately. Also love just checking out the set decorations in the various scenes. Geek heaven.

Thanks, Wolf. Love that tune.

I couldn’t resist

//youtu.be/-a8MguIMmCI

resistance is futile.

I found this show to be a fairly accurate portrayal, heightened for comedy sure, but still sound.

Wil Wheaton is a dick

Oh. For a minute there I thot you said HaWHil HaWHeaton. Totally different person. Carry on.

There’s a great post on Wil’s blog about his efforts to figure out how to play an evil version of himself. With promise of more behind-the-scenes BBT stories in the near future…

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2009/10/the-creepy-candy-coating-corollary.html

This made me crack up. Did you just say Cool HWhip?

I cant wait to see this episode, it sounds hysterical. Anyone catch Mr. Wheaton as a dbag hacker on Leverage? Very cool.

Wil Wheaton on… well, himself.
http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2009/10/the-creepy-candy-coating-corollary.html

(Also, RIP Aeofel!)

Bought it on iTunes!

Ha! I did too. :slight_smile:

I think Chuck saw about the worst episode by far.

The one I like the best was “The Panty Piñata Polarization”, when a war breaks out between Sheldon and Penny. And Howard and Raj use military satellites to locate the “Next Top Model” house. Sooo funny.

I love this show so much. I haven’t been able to watch any of the new season because of my work schedule and CBS doesn’t stream the show (KAAAAHN!). I wonder if S3 is on iTunes?