Terra Nova

Also - could be really good -

//youtu.be/X6aNEIZwPFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNEIZwPFc

Sneak peek (courtesy of Australia’s Channel 10, I think) at Terra Nova, starts tomorrow night on Fox.

//youtu.be/-48AsqaEpvM

This looks better and better with every piece of new footage I see. I really hope this doesn’t let me down like The Event did last year.

Not to be a downer, but is there any truth to the rumor this show was cancelled before it has even aired?

I hope not. I love shows with this kind of plot. It is kinda what BSG might have been.

That’s what I’ve been thinking and that’s the first I’ve heard of a “rumor.” It’s a sci fi show on Fox. Too bad too because I’ll have to give it a pass. ):

Sorry to be a downer myself. ):

That was misinformation from Sean I think on a cast, it was delayed to punch up the graphics and Sean took it the wrong way

Yep - still good to go. Fox is plugging the hell out of it right now =)

I programmed my DVR to record it the first 3 weeks. I’ll watch it on my day(z) off since I sleep evenings. I’m hoping it will be good enough to last awhile.

I plan on watching. Seems like this one has been on my radar for ever. I worry that a sci-fi show that requires “punched-up” graphics probably can’t pull the numbers to justify said graphics but we’ll see.

I’m interested to see if it’s any good. The commercials make it look like a combination of Avatar plus Jurassic Park, but surely Fox wouldn’t just capitalize on a pair of successful movies to make a derivative series, right?

No date for the shows premiere in the UK on the pay channel SKY1/SKY1HD not that it’s makes a difference, I’d probably grab the US broadcast even if it was only on a weeks delay:)

its on fox the network that always cancel most sci-fi shows. hell they seem to cancel everything! someone needs to go to there headquarters and steal that big red cancel button “that was easy”. ill watch it till it fades away into tv void

Fringe has survived on Fox for a while now. If it has good ratings it will stay, but Fox expects and needs even better ratings than if it was on syfy or another cable channel.

I watched the premier today. I enjoyed it. I found it a bit slow at times, and sure there were some typical pilot problems (ie. continuity, etc); however, I really enjoyed it.

what ive been hearing terranova didnt get the ratings they wanted so if they dont pick up soon the axe will fall

Why cant kids just stay out of trouble sheez dino chow anyone

If it gets canceled, it’ll be sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. People don’t want to get attached and become disappointed if it gets canceled. So…

I watched the pilot, and i have to say, they didn’t do much to get me at all interested in ANY Character. I want to like stuff like this, and i was very happy when they mentioned not only millions of years in the past…but a different time stream… I will watch and wait for the moment that I get to like a character.

for instance… didn’t particularly care for any of the characters on BSG until Starbuck decked Tigh… then, I was all in.

I dunno I dug Quaritch I mean Taylor immediately and even more when he faced down the Carnotaurus on foot then hopped in the jeap like “What are you waitin for? Drive!”

I have to admit, for me I’ve been thinking every day about this show since it premiered. I really enjoyed it a lot - but I sort of have a history of liking shows that get canned :smiley:

So, I just got done watching this and…it’s not bad. It was a pilot, so it was slow and full of back story. The line about controlling the past to control the future and Taylor’s son hooked me though. I’ll give the show a couple more episodes. It’s dinosaurs on TV, how can that be bad!!!