Tattoos Anyone

Yup. A year. That’s why I got out of the habit of donating, as a matter of fact. It wasn’t a conscious choice, just that I had to wait a year after my first tattoo.

A lot of tattoo artists will have a collectioin of their work available for prospective inkees to look at. A lot of times, if they’ve done the work from a picture or photo, that will be included so you can compare. That’s something that tattoo artists are asked for a lot, so when they’re good at it, they will almost always want to show that off.

What she said! LOL!

Official GWC tattoo done at 2011 meet up! I’m branded :slight_smile:

Also branded

Couple of years ago, I got a pretty cool copy of the Thundercat’s logo on my calf. The artist really did a great job with the shading.

I have the notes from All Along the Watchtower (BSG version) on my back.

So, have any tatoo artists that you know use black inks that don’t eventally turn green?

What do you mean by ‘eventually?’

After a period of time, all black inks on every tattoo I see turn green. The black never seems to stay black.

I can tell you that my first tat is a spider-web and about 13 yrs old, and it’s still black. What kind of ink they used, I have no idea.

Oh, and btw, here’s mine from the GWC Meetup Tattoo Crew 2011

Photo3111.jpg by Rachel Roo, on Flickr

Please disregard the freckles…

The only time I’ve seen that happen is on really old tattoos. Many decades.

Okay, but I have also seen people in their twenties and thirties with green tattoos. No way they got their tatoos ‘many decades’ ago. My point is that black lines turning green ruins my interest in ever having a tattoo.

It could be that they went to a place that uses cheap ink that will fade to a bluish green color with time. Also sometimes people don’t take care of the tattoo properly after getting it, such as excessive sunbathing or exposure to too much sun. There are plenty of people on the boards here that have much more experience with tattoos and what to look for quality-wise, and proper aftercare than I do. Hopefully one of them will be able to help answer your questions better :slight_smile:

Huh. I googled around a bit and the answer seems to be (a) older inks were more hit-and-miss, and (b) sun exposure (as with any kind of pigment) will eventually deteriorate it.

So, if it’s a brand new tattoo and it’s in an area that’s usually covered you should be fine (at least until you don’t care anymore.)

Want to get a tree of life on my back — was at the tattoo place with it stenciled on and everything, reading the consent form, and the first thing it says is that breastfeeding mamas can’t get tattoos. Boo boo boo! As soon as youngling is weaned, I am going back. Seriously thinking about getting a Deathly Hallows symbol also.

Sounds awesome! Is the “Deathly Hallows symbol” the same thing as a Dark Mark?

It’s one of these…

A pretty cool idea for a tattoo, and it looks vaguely mathematical too which I like!

That is cool!

I agree. Potter got me through some tough storms over the past few years - definitely deserves a tattoo if I ever get one, and I think the Hallows is way cooler than a lightning bolt.

Epic LOTR tattoo at http://www.geeksaresexy.net/page/3/