T-Shirt Merch Contest

While we’re waiting for our podcast host Libsyn to resolve some issues so the latest 'cast can distribute, I thought I’d ask all of your creative minds for some help.

Back when we launched the forum, we also launched a store. But launching the forum took most of our time/effort resources, so we only stocked it with a few items. Well, we’re ready to add a few more, and we’re looking for some good ideas.

Thankfully, we have one of the best graphic designers around on the crew – you listen to him every week – so turning out the final product isn’t our problem. Our problem is dreaming up new/unique/fun T-shirt/merch concepts.

Here’s the plan: if you have a few spare minutes (and a fun idea), post your ideas in this thread. We’ll pick three or four of our favorites, finish 'em out, and add 'em to the store. If your idea is the one we suggest, we’ll send you one of the shirts for free along with another little something we’ll snag from around the studio.

We do live under some constraints, so keep the following limitation in mind when dreaming/suggesting:

We don’t steal others’ intellectual property. This means that your idea can’t require the use of overly-specific character names/likenesses, logos, other trademarks, etc. (For example, we can’t even use the current GWC logo, which is why we’ll probably switch it out for a better original one in the next few months.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, and bear in mind that one way or another we’re going to throw up some new T-sherts/merch in the next few weeks!

I posted this idea in the Spoiler Season 4 thread after watching the accompanying video:

“Save the Spinny Ship!”

A graphic would not be required. Only GWCers would know what it meant.

And of course: “Larry is My Homeboy.”

“Larry: Doin it old-school”

How about a T-shirt done up to look like the chest plate of an old-school cylon with a “Hi My Name Is Larry” name-tag sticker (Larry written in sharpie, of course) over the left pocket and the GWC website address in small text under it.

Penultimate means next to last.
…we checked.

I’m voting for Solai’s

Born in the goo, and I’m here to get you… Boo…

— The last of the final five

Baltar for President… He’s better then any of the choices we have in the election here.

Tigh - because depth perception is over-rated

“Craaaaaap” — From “The Tao of Tigh”

This is my penultiimate t-shirt - because sometimes second best is good enough

In space no one can here your scream “Frak” when your guns jam.

I miss Cat.

I am the last of the final five (Spoiler Alert!)

Wanna see my laminated Geek Card with the clipped corners?

SciFi Chicks RULE!!!

— A SciFi guy looking for love

Not all Seans are tools… most, but not all.

Do you’re Ipod a favor, feed it a weekly “Galactic Watercooler” suppliment.

Alpacas in Space - it could happen…

Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote for Roslin… wait a minute… did anybody?

When in doubt, launch the nukes.