Survey: How Do You GWC?

I have it transcribed, set to music, and performed by a band of roving minstrels.

Is there really another way?

I have Robin Williams perform it for me with Hand Puppets, he does all three voices. (I love it when he wears his old Mork outfit)

I have Angelina Joile read a transcript to me…Love her /seanscream :smiley:

mostly iTunes, but been leaning towards android app

and yes, it’s perfectly safe for Droids :smiley:

I subscribe via iTunes.

Then, cuz my car stereo doesn’t play mp3s and I’m not an iPod guy, I convert the mp3 file to an audio file and burn it to two CDs. And I listen during my commute.

Mainly from iTunes onto my laptop, but only if it doesn’t drop on Sunday night, in which case I’ll grab it on iTunes on my iPhone.

I sit in the chair, plug in, call The Operator, and instantly download the newest podcast.

Then I go have a nice pink-in-the-middle steak.

I don’t suppose it would be possible to download it on YouTube so we can listen to the podcast audio that way, would it?

Others:

Banshee and Rhythmbox.

Standard iTunes sub synced to iPod Touch for my daily 2.5+ hr. commutes.
Not so standard: I listen to almost all my podcasts and audiobooks at X2 speed (handy li’l blue button) and still it’s hard to keep up.

X2 as in chipmunks or X2 as in the devil?

I normally listen in my gen 1 ipod (hoping to upgrade after Christmas), downloaded from itunes via subscription. I normally listed on my commute into work, which being only 15 minutes means the cast lasts me most of the week. Of course right now I am behind - I need a long road trip to catch up.

There have been occasions I listen from my laptop, and only rarely listen streaming, but have listened that way.

Wow, already so many replies. You all rock! Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming! :slight_smile:

Also, if you ever have trouble downloading the podcast, or need help getting our feed working with your preferred podcast-catcher, let me know via email, PM, twitter, etc and I’ll do my best to help out!

Thanks everyone!

i use itunes :mad: for the podcast for a while but lately i just avoid the damnable pig and direct download, occasionally dl from listen to.

I usually get it using 1 of the following 2 programs:

1. Podcaster (iPhone app)

2. Clementine

Podcaster is great, though the new version is a bit crashy. It beats manually downloading episodes via iTMS or plugging in to a computer and syncing to iTunes. I mean seriously, it’s 20-frakking-10, and Apple expects me to plug a device into my computer to sync podcasts to it? Get with the program, El Jobso.

As sweet as Banshee is, I avoid using anything on my computer that is dependent on Mono, on principle.

Have you heard of Clementine? It’s basically everything that was awesome about Amarok 1.4, with some added features (like iPhone support), with the UI bits rewritten for Qt4. I less than three Clementine.

Subscribed via iTunes (desktop). Put at (or near) the top of my “Current podcasts” playlist. Synced to iPod(s).
Listened to during the commute, wandering around at lunchbreak, or doing housework.

Microsoft is owning more and more pieces of linux/linux apps, i wonder just how much we can avoid to be related in anyway to Microsoft. because by the same logic, we now have to avoid everything java since Oracle has taken steps towards java the same way people feared Microsoft would do to Mono.

Anyway, Qt is great, but I just can’t get used to Clementine or Amarok for that matter. And for some reason the lyrics function in most linux music players doesn’t work at all for me, the only exception was songbird. i do miss songbird… not that i can’t get songbird or build it myself, but i miss when it was still being supported, because extensions actually made an effort to support linux.

Oh trust me, Microsoft will never “own” Linux. They may de-facto own Novell/SuSe, but there’s a pretty large contingent of Linux users who will never use closed platforms.

Why avoid Java? OpenJDK is mature enough that Red Hat Enterprise Linux now recommends it. In fact, Red Hat Directory Server, which is an LDAP implementation with a Java GUI frontend, requires OpenJDK and works just fine.

</threadhijack>

iTunes on my laptop. Despite a few annoyances, iTunes just keeps it simple for me.

how is OpenJDK different from Dalvik again? Davik is more like creating something from the ground up than OpenJDK and it still got sued. and how is that different from how mono is to microsoft? both Dalvik and mono are open source as well. it isn’t safe just because there’s “open” in the name.